Alloa Athletic V Queens Park

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloa dominated the game today . Played a lot of good football . Unlucky with a few chances that perhaps we shoulda have done better with . Don't know why everyone getting on at mackin . I thought he he bullied their two centre halves today . 

Just now, Couchpotato said:

Alloa dominated the game today . Played a lot of good football . Unlucky with a few chances that perhaps we shoulda have done better with . Don't know why everyone getting on at mackin . I thought he he bullied their two centre halves today . 

Played well at points until Jim decided to take the instigators of said good football off and replace them with dung. Mackin messed up every chance he had to make an impact on the game. My particular favourite was the missed header from three yards out.

If it's not Goodwin's fault that we dropped two points today whose fault is it?

Why is it always a blame culture?

Queens Park are no mugs. We blew enough of our own chances to win the game.

The same c***s screaming when we are getting pumped in the championship are the same c***s screaming when we are on an unbeaten streak in league one.

Not even going to entertain Laurel and Hardie who stand at corner and just fuckin moan about anything could be five up and they would still complain. Obviously never played the game.

We should have been out of sight today created enough chances to win two games. Ref bottled a clear penalty in second half. Clear push in the back and then should have sent queens number six off with ten to go for lashing out a kick at Dylan. Two soft goals we lost both we switched off. Don't know where the extra time came from.

"Clear in second" "unbeaten in nine" how about "play like a pub team" "drop points against significantly weaker opposition"

I prefer to deal in facts rather than knee-jerk, emotional ranting nonsense. [emoji6]

6 hours ago, Spiders67 said:

Meltdown over a 2-2 draw against the mighty. Pleasing.

from 2 of our so called fans yeah , but it worked out not too bad yesterday 7 points clear in second when it might have been 6

could do worse, tuesday night in brechin 90+ 1 win some lose some !

Really canine believe some of the absolute dross on this forum aimed at our manager. Yes gutted we never won but alloa played some fantastic football yesterday. Honestly I think some on this are on some serious drugs . 

As its been pointed it's 9 games unbeaten now and playing 2 games in a week is not easy for part time players particularly after a long season. 

I think alloa are a great team to watch just now and credit to the players management and staff. Queens were good going forward also and one of the best teams to visit the Recs this season. They showed ambition in the first half and always carried a threat . 

Really don't get the longwoth haters either.It's never easy going on to a game from the bench and struggle to work out how he was to blame for not winning.Mackin was desperately unlucky when he hit the frame of th  goal late on . The referee denied alloa as clear a pen as you will ever see Christ big Frank ended up in the back of the net after the push. A mystery where the time came from at the end . 

Really lighten up folks . Get behind your team . The best football playing outfit in the division. 

Good luck queens a play off place is not beyond you. 

Really canine believe some of the absolute dross on this forum aimed at our manager. Yes gutted we never won but alloa played some fantastic football yesterday. Honestly I think some on this are on some serious drugs . 
As its been pointed it's 9 games unbeaten now and playing 2 games in a week is not easy for part time players particularly after a long season. 
I think alloa are a great team to watch just now and credit to the players management and staff. Queens were good going forward also and one of the best teams to visit the Recs this season. They showed ambition in the first half and always carried a threat . 
Really don't get the longwoth haters either.It's never easy going on to a game from the bench and struggle to work out how he was to blame for not winning.Mackin was desperately unlucky when he hit the frame of th  goal late on . The referee denied alloa as clear a pen as you will ever see Christ big Frank ended up in the back of the net after the push. A mystery where the time came from at the end . 
Really lighten up folks . Get behind your team . The best football playing outfit in the division. 

Not just that but we recently had a midweek game vs east fife as well. Been a busy few weeks for the side recently and to come out the other end still on an unbeaten run is the sign of quality from the side.

The good form will hopefully help with what looks like will be play offs for us at the end of the season. It's not easy for a manager who takes post mid season especially for their first management job but I think JG has done well, in fact exceptionally well, since finding his feet and learning to juggle managing and playing.

2 hours ago, Oweny said:

Your lucky you dinnae hae City Die Hard, now there is a man with issues when it comes to managers:lol: we have probably the smallest support ( in numbers) in the league and have had horrendous injury problems, a very weak bench & very little money this year  but we are currently in a play off place and he still gives Dods stick:rolleyes:

For Wasps fans it's also worth factoring in that the progress since New Year will have something to do with Goodwin transforming into a dugout manager rather than trying to play. Good chefs don't serve the tables. Being the boss is hard enough but the player-manager role has to be the toughest job in the game, never quite getting it right on either side of the touchline. Not sure if it was Jim's decision or the Chairman had a word but it looks to me that it's effect has greatly improved Alloa's odds of playing in the Championship next year.

For our own part, the last 3 matches have shown we have a group of players who in extended lengths of a game play decent football and for whole games, never give up and work their socks off. I've also noticed that our coach has taken some bold decisions in the last few games to try to turn the game to our advantage and yesterday's choices were the best example yet. With Alloa penning us in for the first 15 in the second Gus decided to take off a central defender and replace with a third striker. Like the Brechin game, the play became more open and we stayed further away from our goal and then with a final fresh-legs swap found enough in the tank to snatch a goal of the type we don't often see. Lovely passing around the box to find the gap, a perfect pass from Burns into the perfect spot for the assist and an aggressive attack from Son of Gus. His Dad would be too professional to say it but that must have been one of the best moments of Gus' career.

It's been a very tough card in the last few weeks and we've managed to keep pace. Yesterday proved, again, that our coach and players should hold every belief that we can still knick one of the top play-off spots. Alloa will already be there.

Yesterday was bitterly disappointing, we would have felt how brechin felt on tuesday night. You win some you lose some.

Didnt think we deserved alot out the game though we didnt play the best but i put that down to playing 3 games in 7 days, although we had enough chances to win 2 games as has previously been said.

Thought kev had a great game yesterday but does he ever have a bad game.

Very harsh on jamma as always, i feel for him only getting 15/20 minutes here and there, changed the game on its head on tuesday night people seem to forget.

All that was missing for mackin yesterday was a goal, he did everything else asked of him, even our guest james mcfadden was getting frustrated up in the stand.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

For Wasps fans it's also worth factoring in that the progress since New Year will have something to do with Goodwin transforming into a dugout manager rather than trying to play. Good chefs don't serve the tables. Being the boss is hard enough but the player-manager role has to be the toughest job in the game, never quite getting it right on either side of the touchline. Not sure if it was Jim's decision or the Chairman had a word but it looks to me that it's effect has greatly improved Alloa's odds of playing in the Championship next year.

For our own part, the last 3 matches have shown we have a group of players who in extended lengths of a game play decent football and for whole games, never give up and work their socks off. I've also noticed that our coach has taken some bold decisions in the last few games to try to turn the game to our advantage and yesterday's choices were the best example yet. With Alloa penning us in for the first 15 in the second Gus decided to take off a central defender and replace with a third striker. Like the Brechin game, the play became more open and we stayed further away from our goal and then with a final fresh-legs swap found enough in the tank to snatch a goal of the type we don't often see. Lovely passing around the box to find the gap, a perfect pass from Burns into the perfect spot for the assist and an aggressive attack from Son of Gus. His Dad would be too professional to say it but that must have been one of the best moments of Gus' career.

It's been a very tough card in the last few weeks and we've managed to keep pace. Yesterday proved, again, that our coach and players should hold every belief that we can still knick one of the top play-off spots. Alloa will already be there.

Well said from a true fan!

Archived