Westminster stabbing/shooting

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Saw this footage earlier and was fucking disgusted. Person lying seriously injured possibly dying on the roadway and the woman in the hat runs towards the injured person, not to help but to urgently take pictures of what might be someones last moments on earth. What a scumbag. b5785c6fbe971cc9cd488ee5af9c9404.jpg

I thought she was trying to call an ambulance? Surely she wasn't that disgusting that she was taking a picture from there? 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Saw this footage earlier and was fucking disgusted. Person lying seriously injured possibly dying on the roadway and the woman in the hat runs towards the injured person, not to help but to urgently take pictures of what might be someones last moments on earth. What a scumbag. b5785c6fbe971cc9cd488ee5af9c9404.jpg

So disgusted you decided to give it an even bigger audience. How very noble of you. 

22 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

From the footage ive seen she runs towards the injured person and turns the phone to the side holding it out in front of her as if to take a wide picture.

Can you make video calls to emergency services these days? 

If not its my idea for dragons den and this post is proof.

4 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Not to my knowledge. Ive seen that footage a couple of times now and I know it shouldn't have made me angry but it just did. You'd like to think that decent people would just try and help the injured folks there.
See you at the dragons den filming?

You can be my security consultant, my speciality is sending disturbing videos.

1 hour ago, Shades75 said:

It's easy to see how these attacks can leave an enduring legacy.  How do you walk around Westminster, go to work etc...and not wonder if another attack is just around the corner?  There will be armed police around for a while now and that type of thing really does make you aware of a threat.  However small that threat is, would you take a child anywhere near that area in the near future, you know, just in case?

In other news....

A US led air strike on a school in Syria today killed, going by latest reports, 33 people who were using the school as a shelter.

Westminster is a very high profile target area but in my view an incident like this would probably have caused far higher casualties had it happened even in another part of London. But the reason you can wander round most of the time for the very reason that it's one of the most secure environments on the planet - at least in a democratic country. The police were all over this like a rash in seconds. 

My work colleagues deal with lockdowns on a semi regular basis when demos get out of hand. When you work in the middle of it you get used to having your wits about you. Maybe less so with tourists. 

10 minutes ago, squidger said:

there is a vid from long range of the bridge on bbc now. Car is going at some speed, amazing more damage wasn't done, pretty horrific attack.

Sounds like that Uber driver I had the other night.

Im very very quick to bash the tories but Tobias Ellwood deserves recognition.

Indeed, ex Army captain so he'll have had some experience and prior training in not only the medical side of dealing with a trauma injury, but also in knowing to keep calm. Good guy.

6 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I was listening to the PM programme on radio 4 and serial c**t Quentin Letts was being interviewed as he had watched this happen from inside a building. Bizarrely he started his account by saying 'I'm not trying to sound like a hero' or words to that effect and then went on to give an account which would lead absolutely no one to accuse him of being a hero. He did bravely watch it happen.

That was a strange interview:

"This may sound wrong but it was very exciting to watch...Obviously with watching this type of thing on video games you are almost desensitized to it and keep watching to see what happens next".

Regardless of whether that's true or not, I doubt I'd be saying it was "exciting" on national radio moments after people have been brutally murdered, although I think he has previous for being a cock. 

Some utter cretins on this page thinking they're being "edgy" by laughing and joking about it. Strangely quiet after the bin lorry crash in George square. Obviously some deaths are more serious than others.

And you're being edgy by taking them on?

After every incident like this you might as well right social media off. The grief merchants versus those taking the piss. Any rational response is usually quite boring and lost in the drama.

I think you're taking it far too seriously.

9 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

That's pretty horrific behaviour! Maybe I was just giving her the benefit of the doubt! 

It's the age we live in.  Witness an incident like this and the reaction of most folk will be to help or try to get help; some will want to photograph or record it and you'll have a hell of a time convincing them that they're doing anything wrong.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

And you're being edgy by taking them on?

After every incident like this you might as well right social media off. The grief merchants versus those taking the piss. Any rational response is usually quite boring and lost in the drama.

I think you're taking it far too seriously.

This. Anyone wishing to live in an echo chamber and requiring a steady diet of #prayforwestminster or avatars changed to pictures of the Houses of Commons will find all they want along those lines on FB for the next few days.

Some utter cretins on this page thinking they're being "edgy" by laughing and joking about it. Strangely quiet after the bin lorry crash in George square. Obviously some deaths are more serious than others.

It wasn't strangely quiet at all. You've just made that up to back up your knicker wetting.

Making light of grim situations is a positive IMO. We can't go into mourning every time someone somewhere in the world meets a grizzly end. Any normal human will feel sympathy for those involved so there's no need for us to broadcast it as it's as natural as breathing or going for a pish.

Making jokes keeps up our spirits, reminds us life is worth living and it also trivialises the perpetrator and his warped beliefs. 

Archived