Westminster stabbing/shooting

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There seems no centre ground in this, either people (including people on here) trying to make it into a joke or absolute over the top  nauseating faux grief/patriotism.

I'm a different kettle of fish.  I find this shit exciting wondering what's going to happen next.  I would probably change my feelings if anyone I knew was involved. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Sadly I don't see that resolving anything.

Will make victims families feel a little better over time and no state funded defence to the c**t when it goes to trial. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There seems no centre ground in this, either people (including people on here) trying to make it into a joke or absolute over the top  nauseating faux grief/patriotism.

There are probably literally millions of people quietly reflecting or just watching news in shock. 

Even online the VAST majority of people just expressing shock and sending best wishes/prayers.

You should join Twitter. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Image result for alan partridge gif

This probably sums up how I feel about it. It's shite for the policeman (and family) and other innocents who have lost their lives and have been injured. Just the way it is these days, either people get off on the 'grief', feel pressured to say something so they are not labelled a c'nt, or are labelled a c'nt for making a joke about it.

Glad that the Scottish 56 are ok though, after reading some real nasty stuff directed towards the SNP and Sturgeon in particular in the last week or so.

Just now, Jordan Rode said:

I'm a different kettle of fish.  I find this shit exciting wondering what's going to happen next.  I would probably change my feelings if anyone I knew was involved. 

We all feel differently about folk we know as opposed to strangers, that's just human nature,  but I don't think someone's life is less important because I don't know them.

I know that sounds trite but it's true nonetheless.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Image result for alan partridge gif

This probably sums up how I feel about it. It's shite for the policeman (and family) and other innocents who have lost their lives and have been injured. Just the way it is these days, either people get off on the 'grief', feel pressured to say something so they are not labelled a c'nt, or are labelled a c'nt for making a joke about it.

Glad that the Scottish 56 are ok though, after reading some real nasty stuff directed towards the SNP and Sturgeon in particular in the last week or so.

I regard myself as a bit of a cynic but don't feel I need to try to convince others of my cynisism.  If I become as inured as you are, or are portraying yourself as, I'd become a fucking Tory - no interest but self interest.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We all feel differently about folk we know as opposed to strangers, that's just human nature,  but I don't think someone's life is less important because I don't know them.

I know that sounds trite but it's true nonetheless.

I wholeheartedly agree.  I still find it exciting to the other extreme of shiting myself if someone I knew was in the area. 

Archived