I'm just happy to to be in with a shout of a play-off place at this stage considering the ridiculous run of injuries we've had to endure. Looking forward to Barry's first full season in charge and extremely proud of what our squad have achieved this campaign...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed, although I think Alloa are guaranteed 2nd place so it might just be 80% which in itself says a lot for play offs even if I still don't like the four times a season format. Inclined to go for one away visit whereas in the old days of twice a season I probably went to all the games. Whoever wins at Methil next week looks likely to make it but I would like to see an exciting last game against QP so maybe we should all get the same results next week? So many teams with more points than goals shows how duff our defence has been all season. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes indeed, although I think Alloa are guaranteed 2nd place so it might just be 80% which in itself says a lot for play offs even if I still don't like the four times a season format. Inclined to go for one away visit whereas in the old days of twice a season I probably went to all the games. Whoever wins at Methil next week looks likely to make it but I would like to see an exciting last game against QP so maybe we should all get the same results next week? So many teams with more points than goals shows how duff our defence has been all season. Good luck.

Huge game next week at Bayview. If we can get a win, it will be virtually impossible for Airdrie to finish above us, needing to turn over an enormous GD deficit. Considering our GD advantage, it would also mean to miss the play-offs would requite both Brechin and QP to pick up 4+ points from the remaining two games.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Huge game next week at Bayview. If we can get a win, it will be virtually impossible for Airdrie to finish above us, needing to turn over an enormous GD deficit. Considering our GD advantage, it would also mean to miss the play-offs would requite both Brechin and QP to pick up 4+ points from the remaining two games.

Optimism in Fife-good to see as I think both the promoted sides have been a credit to the division, but I hope we can repeat the earlier season win. Still to lose to you so there's a hostage to fortune prediction. Hope the snow does not appear mid week.

Two games to and Stranraer can be automatically relegated, yet can still make make the promotion play offs.
Draws at Methil and Brechin and a Stranraer win on Saturday would make for an exciting last game of the season.
It's dream stuff for us though. Can't imagine it will pan out that way.

What a season! Too tight to call but delighted to be in a play off position with two games to go, all the more remarkable considering our ridiculous injuries to a small squad. Massive game against Airdrie next week but I've got a feeling the game against Stranraer the following will be even bigger.

I'm not too thrilled to be in a playoff position. We're down I'd say. Away to Livi and home to Alloa left. The only hope we have is that Livi have been out on the lash for a couple of weeks and Alloa rest players for the playoffs. Clutching at straws I know.

The bizarre thing is that none of the four teams fighting for the promotion play offs are in great form.

QP go into the last two games with the "least poor" form and looking at the remaining games I would fancy them to grab one of the places.

East will likely get at least a point from us next week then go to a Stranraer who will have nothing to play for on the last day of the season.

Therefore my revised prediction is:

3rd - QP
4th - East Fife
5th - Airdrie
6th - Brechin

Also hope Stenny pull it out the bag and stay up. Like Stenny as an away day despite the frequent beatings they hand out to us.

Peterhead are generally a side of hatchet men and I never get to any away games against them as they're too far away.

5 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'm not too thrilled to be in a playoff position. We're down I'd say. Away to Livi and home to Alloa left. The only hope we have is that Livi have been out on the lash for a couple of weeks and Alloa rest players for the playoffs. Clutching at straws I know.

You'll be happy to know that Livi have been playing fringe players...

... to keep everyone fit and available for the game we lift the trophy against Peterhead. 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 19:32, Chapelhall chap said:

I did a prediction league back at the 29 games played which I did not publish. I have updated it to see how out of shape I am in predictions. The only team I got right was airdrie so I am hoping that what I predicted back then pans out after Saturdays results. Alloa gained two less than I thought/East Fife 5 less/Brechin 2 more / Albion Rovers two more/Queens park four more, so given that I am so bad at other teams I confidently predict that the play off three wil be:
Alloa

Airdrie

Brechin

In the ups and down since then my prediction that the game at Methil would be crucial seems to be correct. Teams on the same points and goal difference, if they both win, edge out East Fife/QP but if points are dropped in the games next Saturday it could be a nerve jangling time. Will stick by my 13/4 prediction.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 19:47, Bring Your Own Socks said:

More of a jog-in now for QP. :unsure:

Don't understand running terms but do you mean you expect to win against Airdrie? ( It is possible given our individual mistakes) or you have settled for safety in what has been a good season for QP? Roll on Saturday as I stand by my prediction of 3rd place ( amazing in itself with 16 defeats)

Don't understand running terms but do you mean you expect to win against Airdrie? ( It is possible given our individual mistakes) or you have settled for safety in what has been a good season for QP? Roll on Saturday as I stand by my prediction of 3rd place ( amazing in itself with 16 defeats)

Saturday was a stumble more than a charge to the line, at home and to the bottom placed team at kick-off. Too many players looked distracted. It'll be a remarkable turnaround if we can come to Airdrie and win by four goals. The odds are very much in your favour.

14 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It's not a matter of settling for safety, more a matter of we have to beat you by 4 goals to stand any chance at all. We haven't scored more than 2 goals in any league game this season 

32 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Saturday was a stumble more than a charge to the line, at home and to the bottom placed team at kick-off. Too many players looked distracted. It'll be a remarkable turnaround if we can come to Airdrie and win by four goals. The odds are very much in your favour.

That has clarified it for me and like Mick1867, I can see how it could be difficult to turn around that deficit but you are playing inconsistent Airdrie. Should be interesting.

It's not a matter of settling for safety, more a matter of we have to beat you by 4 goals to stand any chance at all. We haven't scored more than 2 goals in any league game this season 

That's an incredible stat given your league position.

1 hour ago, Diamond Oracle said:

That's an incredible stat given your league position.

Aye it's pretty ridiculous.

3-3 with you in the League Cup section & 5-2 v Killie 20s in the Irn Bru Cup - the only games we've scored more than 2 

Archived