On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 14:54, Afro said:

If Airdrie make it into the play-offs at East Fife's expense, it'd be a major shock based on what I've seen. Alloa are certainties for the POs, assuming we don't collapse majorly, and I fancy Brechin for it too.

Stenny to be relegated and Albion Rovers to be in the play-off down the bottom.

All about opinions indeed and it is a strange league in which we have not lost to East Fife but have twice to Rovers and Stenny and tho' I try to forget it, every time to Livingstone.( Who have lost to EF which might explain your view). I remain hopeful rather than realistic. CU Saturday.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

All about opinions indeed and it is a strange league in which we have not lost to East Fife but have twice to Rovers and Stenny and tho' I try to forget it, every time to Livingstone.( Who have lost to EF which might explain your view). I remain hopeful rather than realistic. CU Saturday.

Quite, if we had the beating of the teams below us we would be challenging for the title and not just a Play-Off place!!!

Airdrie are the Hull City to our Liverpool!!! ;)

Our next four games will be telling. All fall under the winnable category but don't see us taking 12 from 12. Could just as easily lose all four.
Playing Peterhead and Stenhousemuir in our next two which gives us a great chance to try and bridge a small gap between us and them.
Far from confident that it will be that simple though.

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Quite, if we had the beating of the teams below us we would be challenging for the title and not just a Play-Off place!!!

Airdrie are the Hull City to our Liverpool!!! ;)

Was not criticizing EF and I have been impressed by them and QP each time we played against them. Maybe having a good manager in both cases has helped throughout the season. Looking forward to the run  in, unlike the last three months despite all my concerns about our current "bosses"

Was not criticizing EF and I have been impressed by them and QP each time we played against them. Maybe having a good manager in both cases has helped throughout the season. Looking forward to the run  in, unlike the last three months despite all my concerns about our current "bosses"

Good recovery. Some of you Airdrie fans were starting to sound like Clyde. Nice to have you back [emoji869]wouldn't wish that on anyone [emoji4]

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Good recovery. Some of you Airdrie fans were starting to sound like Clyde. Nice to have you back emoji869.pngwouldn't wish that on anyone emoji4.png

If Clyde is the Radio station that is part of our problems; if it is the Club I would be even more worried indeed . It would be good if the last game of the season in Airdrie had something for both teams to chase.

Alloa: PLD 29 PTS: 51

QUEENS PARK (h)
ALBION ROVERS (h)
Livingston (a)
BRECHIN (h)
Airdrie (a)
STRANRAER (h
Peterhead (a)

East Fife: PLD 28 PTS: 42

Brechin (a)
Albion Rovers (a)
QUEENS PARK (h)
Stenhousemuir (a)
PETERHEAD (h)
Albion Rovers (a)
AIRDRIE (h)
Stranraer (a)

Brechin: PLD 29 PTS: 42

EAST FIFE (h)
LIVINGSTON (h)
Airdrie (a)
Alloa (a)
STRANRAER (h)
ALBION ROVERS (h)
Stenhousemuir (a)

Airdrie: PLD 29 PTS: 42

Livingston (a)
Peterhead (a)
BRECHIN (h)
Stranraer (a)
ALLOA (h)
East Fife (a)
QUEENS PARK (h)

Queens Park: PLD 28 PTS: 37

Alloa (a)
East Fife (a)
PETERHEAD (h)
ALBION ROVERS (h)
Livingston (a)
STENHOUSEMUIR (h)
Airdrie (a)

Alloa are pretty much guaranteed a play off spot, so it looks as though it's between ourselves, Brechin, Airdrie and Queens Park have an outside chance of sneaking in.

On paper we have a favourable run in and have a game in hand over the teams around us and with home games against Airdrie and Queens Park to come it looks a decent run in. Airdrie certainly have the hardest run in and are struggling for form, 2 very difficult away games coming up. Queens Park really can't afford to drop a lot of points and the next 2 games will make or break their season. Brechin have a hit a bit of form but those next 4 fixtures are huge.

All the play off chasing teams still have to play each other so points will be dropped, it depends on who is able to capitalise though.

Alloa, East Fife & Brechin for me.

2 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Alloa: PLD 29 PTS: 51

QUEENS PARK (h)
ALBION ROVERS (h)
Livingston (a)
BRECHIN (h)
Airdrie (a)
STRANRAER (h
Peterhead (a)

East Fife: PLD 28 PTS: 42

Brechin (a)
Albion Rovers (a)
QUEENS PARK (h)
Stenhousemuir (a)
PETERHEAD (h)
Albion Rovers (a)
AIRDRIE (h)
Stranraer (a)

Brechin: PLD 29 PTS: 42

EAST FIFE (h)
LIVINGSTON (h)
Airdrie (a)
Alloa (a)
STRANRAER (h)
ALBION ROVERS (h)
Stenhousemuir (a)

Airdrie: PLD 29 PTS: 42

Livingston (a)
Peterhead (a)
BRECHIN (h)
Stranraer (a)
ALLOA (h)
East Fife (a)
QUEENS PARK (h)

Queens Park: PLD 28 PTS: 37

Alloa (a)
East Fife (a)
PETERHEAD (h)
ALBION ROVERS (h)
Livingston (a)
STENHOUSEMUIR (h)
Airdrie (a)

Alloa are pretty much guaranteed a play off spot, so it looks as though it's between ourselves, Brechin, Airdrie and Queens Park have an outside chance of sneaking in.

On paper we have a favourable run in and have a game in hand over the teams around us and with home games against Airdrie and Queens Park to come it looks a decent run in. Airdrie certainly have the hardest run in and are struggling for form, 2 very difficult away games coming up. Queens Park really can't afford to drop a lot of points and the next 2 games will make or break their season. Brechin have a hit a bit of form but those next 4 fixtures are huge.

All the play off chasing teams still have to play each other so points will be dropped, it depends on who is able to capitalise though.

Alloa, East Fife & Brechin for me.

Thanks for outlining the fixtures left. We all tend to do this as a season nears the decision time but games are not played on paper as someone more wise than me once said. I agree we are struggling for form but we'll wait and see.

Big result for Albion last night. Our run in is not great as we play QP, East Fife and Livi all away from home and Airdire, Steny and Alloa at home. We will struggle to get anything from those games but the Stenny game on the 22nd could potentially decide 10th place and if we beat QP that could maybe drag them into it. Not looking brilliant for us though.

• 2 weeks later...

updated.... Still think Rovers need another draw at least...

Saturday 15th April 2017
Alloa Athletic v Brechin City
East Fife v Peterhead
Queen’s Park v Albion Rovers
Stenhousemuir v Livingston
Stranraer v Airdrieonians 

Saturday 22nd April 2017
Airdrieonians v Alloa Athletic
Albion Rovers v East Fife
Brechin City v Stranraer
Livingston v Queen’s Park
Peterhead v Stenhousemuir

Saturday 29th April 2017
Alloa Athletic v Stranraer
Brechin City v Albion Rovers
East Fife v Airdrieonians
Livingston v Peterhead
Queen’s Park v Stenhousemuir

Saturday 6th May 2017
Airdrieonians v Queen’s Park
Albion Rovers v Livingston
Peterhead v Alloa Athletic
Stenhousemuir v Brechin City
Stranraer v East Fife

Livingston 32 38 69
Alloa Athletic 32 19 53
Airdrieonians 32 -8 46
Brechin City 32 -2 45
East Fife 32 2 43
Queen’s Park 32 -9 43
Albion Rovers 32 -1 42
Stranraer 32 -5 37
Peterhead 32 -13 34
Stenhousemuir 32 -21 32

31 minutes ago, teekasule said:

updated.... Still think Rovers need another draw at least...

Saturday 15th April 2017
Alloa Athletic v Brechin City
East Fife v Peterhead
Queen’s Park v Albion Rovers
Stenhousemuir v Livingston
Stranraer v Airdrieonians 

Saturday 22nd April 2017
Airdrieonians v Alloa Athletic
Albion Rovers v East Fife
Brechin City v Stranraer
Livingston v Queen’s Park
Peterhead v Stenhousemuir

Saturday 29th April 2017
Alloa Athletic v Stranraer
Brechin City v Albion Rovers
East Fife v Airdrieonians
Livingston v Peterhead
Queen’s Park v Stenhousemuir

Saturday 6th May 2017
Airdrieonians v Queen’s Park
Albion Rovers v Livingston
Peterhead v Alloa Athletic
Stenhousemuir v Brechin City
Stranraer v East Fife

Livingston 32 38 69
Alloa Athletic 32 19 53
Airdrieonians 32 -8 46
Brechin City 32 -2 45
East Fife 32 2 43
Queen’s Park 32 -9 43
Albion Rovers 32 -1 42
Stranraer 32 -5 37
Peterhead 32 -13 34
Stenhousemuir 32 -21 32

No need to rush into these things...:whistle

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Rovers are safe, Peterhead would need 3 wins from their last 4 games to get above them, nae fear.

No chance of this happening. With Rory suspended for two games and our defence leaking goals all over the place it's difficult to see us getting much points at all.

Just now, blueone said:

No chance of this happening. With Rory suspended for two games and our defence leaking goals all over the place it's difficult to see us getting much points at all.

Does that  mean he'll be back in 3 games time to play against us, damn. That's the game we get presented with the cup so hoping we win it.

23 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Does that  mean he'll be back in 3 games time to play against us, damn. That's the game we get presented with the cup so hoping we win it.

It's not confirmed yet which two he'll miss. Good chance he will miss the Livi game.

Archived