With 7 games to go (plus a couple of games in hand to be played), we're entering the final stretch. How do people see things panning out? Who's really in contention for what and how will the league finish.

Championship: 7 games to go and 9 clear, this is Livi's to lose and I don't see them slipping up. Even if Alloa win at Almondvale, realistically they need to make up another 7 points from the remianing 6 games (once you factor in their significantly poorer goal difference). If Livi come through their next 3 against Airdrie, Brechin and Alloa 6+ points ahead, they' won't have to face another team in the top half of the league and should get there without much bother. Not having to face East Fife again is a major boost to their chances. Prediction - Livingston

Promotion Play-offs: Assuming there's no monumental Livi collapse, Alloa are home and dry into the play-offs. Fairly tight between East Fife, Brechin and Airdrie, with Queen's Park still in with an outside chance. Lots of games to go between the sides but there's a clear difference in form between the sides. Queen's are stuttering and I don't think will close the gap. Airdrie are inconsitent and by all accounts aren't playing well even when winning. Brechin seem to have turned around their bad form at the right time and East Fife have been impressively consitent since December. Prediction - Alloa, East Fife, Brechin

Relegation Spots: Very tight between the current bottom 4 - everyone from QP up is realistically safe. Stranraer have been on good form lately and should end up fairly clear of danger. Stenny have had a tough run of fixtures recently but have been doggedly collecting a respectable number of points here and there for a while, while Albion Rovers and Peterhead can't seem to buy a win beterrn them at the moment. I fancy Rovers to finish bottom despite their two games in hand. Should be close between Stenny and Peterhead but I do fancy Stenny to ovetake them. Prediction - Relegated (Albion Rovers), Play-off (Peterhead).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Sadly St Mirren

stay up with play off final win and Peterhead go down with Arbroath coming up.

Really hope St Mirren don't end up in the play-offs. Ayr, Dumbarton or Raith all seem much easier propositions at the moment.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Really hope St Mirren don't end up in the play-offs. Ayr, Dumbarton or Raith all seem much easier propositions at the moment.

That is my worry for WHOEVER !  gets the playoff final, St mirren are on form and in a false position now !, I would fancy any of the top four in league one to topple ayr possibly dumbarton and send them back down

Champions - Livingston

Promotion Play Offs - Alloa, Brechin, Airdrie (think our good form will end and we'll finish 5th)

Relegation Play Off - Peterhead

Relegated - Stenhousemuir

We have the best run in but it's East Fife and anything can happen . Need to stay positive though. Massive game on Saturday that's for sure

19 hours ago, east fife for life said:

Champions- Livingston

Play offs-Alloa,East Fife, Brechin

Relegation play offs-Peterhead

Relegated-Stenhousemuir

Can we please just settle for this? Now?

Given that we have largely been erratic, but looked more solid last week, and given that we can score goals I think Airdrie might just scrape into 4th. I fear Albion Rovers don't have a McCallister to score and Peterhead will narrowly stay ahead. Brechin losing in mid week may see them hit a barrier. East Fife are the form team and despite their small pool , I think that momentum will see them finish 3rd.Cant see Alloa denting Livingston lead so here goes. None of the play off teams will beat the Championship sides so we will all see each other next season. Mind you in the airdrie prediction league I am 4th bottom so I am no mystic Meg

Champions - Livingston

Promotion Play Offs - Alloa, East Fife, Airdrie

Relegation Play Off - Albion Rovers

Relegated - Stenhousemuir ( Save us losing 5-0 next season at home)

If Airdrie make it into the play-offs at East Fife's expense, it'd be a major shock based on what I've seen. Alloa are certainties for the POs, assuming we don't collapse majorly, and I fancy Brechin for it too.

Stenny to be relegated and Albion Rovers to be in the play-off down the bottom.

Archived