West Region restructure proposal.

The Ilford Drummer

1 minute ago, PRICEY said:

The clubs will vote for whatever the powers that be want.

Depressingly, that's probably true of at least a few delegates. But a substantial number of clubs are strongly in favour of both the motions (reconstruction and advance fixture setting). Whether it's a majority remains to be seen.

What is possibly a greater concern is whether, if the motions ARE voted into force, whether the current incumbents in positions of power will make an honest effort to make the reforms work, or sabotage them in an effort to get the changes reversed.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, PRICEY said:

The point I was making wasn't about distance,it was in regards to to who they would be playing.As I said it would be very unlikely they would play any f the local teams.Trust me,I know know Dunipace inside out,they are better served in the west.

As regards reconstruction,while I'm not convinced about leagues of 16,if the west are going to four leagues it should be a first,a second,third east,third south.

WHy are they better served in the West? I don't see why and with this new structure I think you'd be better playing west lothian teams and not teams away out in Glasgow.

A little bird told me that a meeting on Tuesday (presumably West Region management committee) will be determining / confirming ups & downs and league changes for NEXT season!

If so is this connected with the AGM motions or an attempt to redress the imbalance between ADL and CL1 in 2017-18?

Quote:

Depressingly, that's probably true of at least a few delegates. But a substantial number of clubs are strongly in favour of both the motions (reconstruction and advance fixture setting). Whether it's a majority remains to be seen.

There is no motion regarding advance fixture setting, it is already in place to a greater or lesser degree, depending on how you look at it. What there is, is a challenge for the position of the General Secretary who is responsible for fixture setting, as well as a lot of other reponsibilities.

League reconstruction is a seperate matter and I feel that it will be closely contested, the members of the top two divisions are, I think, largely in favour as they have little to lose except for some, a more congested fixture list.

The members of the lower divisions have voiced concerns about travelling costs and may be harder to convince, but my feeling is that it will go through my a narrow margin.                                                                                                                                                                              

9 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

There is no motion regarding advance fixture setting, it is already in place to a greater or lesser degree, depending on how you look at it. What there is, is a challenge for the position of the General Secretary who is responsible for fixture setting, as well as a lot of other reponsibilities                                                                                                                                                                      

What planet are you inhabiting?

There most certainly IS a motion on fixture scheduling AS WELL as, and quite separate from, a contest for the position of General Secretary.

All that and more are clearly set out in the West Region AGM papers that have now been distributed to the clubs!

Do they not just post all the agm papers on the extranet?

The AGM Papers were posted on the SJFA club admin system on the 29th May, including:
• 2016 Minutes
• Conmittee Elections
• Management Constitution & Rule Changes
• League Reconstruction Proposal (by Whitletts)
• League Reconstruction Amendment (by Larkhall)
• Fixture Scheduling Proposal (by Whitletts)

7 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Sorry , havn't been receiving any mail from the region recently even although I am the registered delegate.

6 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

The AGM Papers were posted on the SJFA club admin system on the 29th May, including:
• 2016 Minutes
• Conmittee Elections
• Management Constitution & Rule Changes
• League Reconstruction Proposal (by Whitletts)
• League Reconstruction Amendment (by Larkhall)
• Fixture Scheduling Proposal (by Whitletts)

In that case Mr garrellburn, you and your club need to get their act together, get hold of the papers and discuss what way you are to cast your club's vote on these issues!

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

Na not yet. Remember the last time it was voted thru. Big wigs didnt like the result so voided it lol

49 of the clubs in attendance voted in favour tonight.

I understand that the Larkhall amendment was voted in too so, at the end of next season 11th & 12th in the Super Premier will play off against 5th & 6th in the Super 1st for 2 places in the Premiership, while 13th & 14th in the Super 1st play off against the 4th placed teams in the ADL and Central 1st for 2 places in the Championship. Unfortunately, the amendment did not specify a format for these play-offs ....

... so I have no idea how or when it will be decided who will play who, or whether the the play-offs will be a 2-leg home & away affair, a single game at a neutral venue or even a 3-game round-robin!

7 minutes ago, archieb said:

I understand that the Larkhall amendment was voted in too so, at the end of next season 11th & 12th in the Super Premier will play off against 5th & 6th in the Super 1st for 2 places in the Premiership, while 13th & 14th in the Super 1st play off against the 4th placed teams in the ADL and Central 1st for 2 places in the Championship. Unfortunately, the amendment did not specify a format for these play-offs ....

Any relegation from central 1st in 17:18 ?

On 12/06/2017 at 09:58, garrellburn said:

Sorry , havn't been receiving any mail from the region recently even although I am the registered delegate.

Proof that it's a stitch up no even got a clue wits going on ha ha

Utter nonsense to wake up now & start stating your preferences. Read the reconstruction thread, it's all there!

I await your retraction in early course [emoji12]

Archived