Burnie_man

Quadrangular Tournament 2017

I wouldn't imagine it would been too much effort to cobble together a tournament prog - welcome message from the SJFA, squad lists and maybe team photo  for each team, fixture list for this week, list of previous winners, wee photo of each of the venues and the Scottish Junior international history C&P'ed straight from the SJFA website.
Oh, and a big Umbro ad on the back cover.
12pp - print it on decent stock for two bucks a throw...you'd like to think a chimp could have put something like that together in an hour.

Agreed mate but you really need to grasp that these things are a big knees up for the guys who run junior football , the Wednesday afternoon kick off time , at a ground with no shelter from the pissing rain and the whole lack of organisation only leads you to assume it's all about them and their take take take attitudes , cant imagine that many of them would have driven home let's put it that way .

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

Agreed mate but you really need to grasp that these things are a big knees up for the guys who run junior football , the Wednesday afternoon kick off time , at a ground with no shelter from the pissing rain and the whole lack of organisation only leads you to assume it's all about them and their take take take attitudes , cant imagine that many of them would have driven home let's put it that way .

Yes. Some of them were at the Ardagh Cup Final on Sunday. Clearly there for the freebie hospitality and nowt else.

Scotland game going on about 2 miles from my house and I can honestly say I wouldnt open the blinds if it was in my garden.

4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I wouldn't imagine it would been too much effort to cobble together a tournament prog - welcome message from the SJFA, squad lists and maybe team photo  for each team, fixture list for this week, list of previous winners, wee photo of each of the venues and the Scottish Junior international history C&P'ed straight from the SJFA website.

Oh, and a big Umbro ad on the back cover.

12pp - print it on decent stock for two bucks a throw...you'd like to think a chimp could have put something like that together in an hour.

The SAFA issued a great 32 page colour programme for their game against "England" (West Yorkshire League) last year, and do it regularly. The chimps at the SJFA can't even manage one for a "prestigious" International tournament. Sums them up frankly.

34 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Scotland game going on about 2 miles from my house and I can honestly say I wouldnt open the blinds if it was in my garden.

Also going on 2 miles from my house.

Would have went but for mum being in hospital as I actually enjoy all forms of the Junior game.

Delighted to see Beith players getting international recognition at the level they play no matter what some think of it.

Would have went but for mum being in hospital as I actually enjoy all forms of the Junior game.
Delighted to see Beith players getting international recognition at the level they play no matter what some think of it.

Good for you Cabey.

6 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Good for you Cabey.

Aye whatever.

We know you hate Junior football so it no surprise you wouldn't go.

You think you're club is too good to be Junior despite league positions suggesting otherwise.

Well done on a good win tonight Scotland.

Edited by KarlMarx

7 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

Agree with the last part, but there's absolutely no sensible reason why this couldn't have been scheduled in such a way that the rest of us didn't have to suffer a blank Saturday.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Agree with the last part, but there's absolutely no sensible reason why this couldn't have been scheduled in such a way that the rest of us didn't have to suffer a blank Saturday.

Don't disagree with that mate and have never said otherwise.

Aye whatever.
We know you hate Junior football so it no surprise you wouldn't go.
You think you're club is too good to be Junior despite league positions suggesting otherwise.
Well done on a good win tonight Scotland.

Ok good for you.

9 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Ok good for you.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and will get you nowhere.

Hope you don't use that on the street as it not great etiquette my friend.

Notice you don't deny you're arrogant thoughts of being too good for the grade.

You were stating on another thread ypu would be professional again.

What's the timescale for this and why would they ever let you back after the last debacle?

Edited by KarlMarx

What's the timescale for this and why would they ever let you back after the last debacle?

Good for you.

I'm at odds with some of the posters on this thread. I went to tonight's game and thoroughly enjoyed it. I attended last Wednesday's match vs Renfrew and really enjoyed that as well.

From the players' point of view, representing your country is a genuine honour, and having junior internationalists at your club reflects well upon the club itself.

I'm sure that the junior game will benefit financially from having a representative team - SFA funding is derived on an 'improvement plan' footing, in line with many government and private sector organisations. (Not that it works for football.)

I understand the frustrations at the blank Saturday this weekend - a different schedule  for the tournament could've solved this problem.

However, it is unfair to deride the competition itself, where our best players have a chance to play together. Our supporters have a chance to see these guys doing this, and also the opportunity to see players they wouldn't otherwise see.

I can't make Pollok on Saturday, but hope Scotland win to win the tournament, and I would welcome this competition returning on an annual basis, if we can find an appropriate place in the calendar.

41 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

I see you're still barking. When did you get out?

I'm at odds with some of the posters on this thread. I went to tonight's game and thoroughly enjoyed it. I attended last Wednesday's match vs Renfrew and really enjoyed that as well.
From the players' point of view, representing your country is a genuine honour, and having junior internationalists at your club reflects well upon the club itself.
I'm sure that the junior game will benefit financially from having a representative team - SFA funding is derived on an 'improvement plan' footing, in line with many government and private sector organisations. (Not that it works for football.)
I understand the frustrations at the blank Saturday this weekend - a different schedule  for the tournament could've solved this problem.
However, it is unfair to deride the competition itself, where our best players have a chance to play together. Our supporters have a chance to see these guys doing this, and also the opportunity to see players they wouldn't otherwise see.
I can't make Pollok on Saturday, but hope Scotland win to win the tournament, and I would welcome this competition returning on an annual basis, if we can find an appropriate place in the calendar.

Could easily play it in July if they scrap the sectional cup.