Burnie_man

Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Another top result for Mr Hislop - dragging a draw from a stonewall certain win. An upgrade on last season when he got losses from that situation! Still the best straight line cone layer in football. 

1 hour ago, Cancellara said:

No junior fixtures this weekend because of this diddy tournament. Nothing short of a scandal. Another kick in the teeth for the smaller Junior teams and punters alike emoji34.pngemoji116.png

go east .take it this is something to do with miles within radius ?

OK I get it, the SJFA want the tournament and they have invoked the rule meaning no games on withing 45 miles on Saturday etc. Couple of points though, there were a number of friendlies played tonight, yes I know today's games were in the afternoon but tomorrow isnt, will clubs be allowed to do play friendlies tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon as I would imagine many supporters would rather go there than to the internationals.

I wasn't there so I am only going on hearsay but I understand that there were no programmes available nor were they visible team lines for supports. Surely if your hosting an event like this you promote the absolute arse out of it, put on a show and make it something special for those in attendance be it 30, 140 or whatever. I noted that the ROI presented Camby with an gift for hosting today's game, that's a fantastic gesture one our organisation would probably relplicate if the tables were turned but no programmes, no team lines? Collectors would have snapped them up being an international tournament and maybe more importantly players involved would have them as a memento.

The blazer brigade dont give a hoot about all your comments as all they think about is themselves ...put it this way ..there wouldnt have been many if any drove home

22 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

OK I get it, the SJFA want the tournament and they have invoked the rule meaning no games on withing 45 miles on Saturday etc. Couple of points though, there were a number of friendlies played tonight, yes I know today's games were in the afternoon but tomorrow isnt, will clubs be allowed to do play friendlies tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon as I would imagine many supporters would rather go there than to the internationals.

I wasn't there so I am only going on hearsay but I understand that there were no programmes available nor were they visible team lines for supports. Surely if your hosting an event like this you promote the absolute arse out of it, put on a show and make it something special for those in attendance be it 30, 140 or whatever. I noted that the ROI presented Camby with an gift for hosting today's game, that's a fantastic gesture one our organisation would probably relplicate if the tables were turned but no programmes, no team lines? Collectors would have snapped them up being an international tournament and maybe more importantly players involved would have them as a memento.

If anything was to be done programme-wise it would need to have been organised centrally by the SJFA...one issue to cover the whole tournament would seem like the path of least resistance.

Fat chance of that happening though - even for local finals it's left to either the sides involved or occasionally the host club to do anything.

Leaving it to the host clubs was obviously a non-starter in this case however - can't reasonably expect the likes of Camby to do an issue from scratch covering two squads they know absolutely nothing about to satisfy the couple of dozen people that showed up today. That would be the textbook definition of more trouble than it's worth.

Looking at the other fixtures, I wouldn't be surprised if either Renfrew or Pollok put out something for the games at their grounds involving Scotland where the crowds will be decent, but there's zero chance of it happening for the non-Scotland games.

Edited by Hillonearth

6 hours ago, fishtrunkAKA said:

Scotland looking good at 2-0 but lost their way after a plethora of subs. Burns was a big loss in the middle of the park.  First NI goal came out of nothing but you sensed an equaliser was coming. Thought the defence which remained unchanged was excellent throughout.

Did anyone get the Scottish substitutes both listed and used?

Did anyone get the Scottish substitutes both listed and used?

They're on Scott Campbell of the Sun's Twitter feed ‪@scottcam67‬

11 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Looking at the other fixtures, I wouldn't be surprised if either Renfrew or Pollok put out something for the games at their grounds involving Scotland where the crowds will be decent, but there's zero chance of it happening for the non-Scotland games.

There won't be a programme at Pollok on Saturday.

This whole situation just sums up the total lack of attitude and foresight by the sjfa towards us the fans. As long as the blazers are having a good few days out that's all that seems to matter.

11 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

They're on Scott Campbell of the Sun's Twitter feed ‪@scottcam67‬

11 hours ago, fishtrunkAKA said:

The Penicuik Athletic Twitter feed listed substitutions for both sides.

Thank you both. I have them now.

There used to be a tournament programme that covered all squads and past results, would have been easy enough to arrange IMO and would have sold well.

17 hours ago, gogsy said:

Pipe down , if a game had been organised for Camelon, we would have had to wait weeks for it to get played, its been raining. I'm surprised you didn't say Harthill though, Linfield supporters could have made it a double header with the game at Tannadice. Also noticed a slight problem with playing the evening games at Bo'ness and Camelon as well.

Quite what you think Linfield have to do with this I'll never know, although I can probably guess. Ditto Harthill.

No problem at all playing the games through here, one in the afternoon , one in the evening, allowing fans to attend both games if they want to, then have the Saturday games as afternoon kick-offs.

The initial point remains though, McKenna Park is far from suitable as a venue. Punters deserve better.

57 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

There used to be a tournament programme that covered all squads and past results, would have been easy enough to arrange IMO and would have sold well.

I agree entirely. I was asked by my pal in Dublin to get him some.

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I wouldn't imagine it would been too much effort to cobble together a tournament prog - welcome message from the SJFA, squad lists and maybe team photo  for each team, fixture list for this week, list of previous winners, wee photo of each of the venues and the Scottish Junior international history C&P'ed straight from the SJFA website.

Oh, and a big Umbro ad on the back cover.

12pp - print it on decent stock for two bucks a throw...you'd like to think a chimp could have put something like that together in an hour.

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I wouldn't imagine it would been too much effort to cobble together a tournament prog - welcome message from the SJFA, squad lists and maybe team photo  for each team, fixture list for this week, list of previous winners, wee photo of each of the venues and the Scottish Junior international history C&P'ed straight from the SJFA website.

Oh, and a big Umbro ad on the back cover.

12pp - print it on decent stock for two bucks a throw...you'd like to think a chimp could have put something like that together in an hour.

... which tells you everything you need to know about those running the SJFA!