Boylan for Wilson 83m

Docherty for Johnston 90m

IoM subs;

Callister (17) for Woods (14) 60m

Burns (18) for Doyle (9) 68m

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all today's postponements due to Brian, this decision to cancel all last weeks West fixtures just gets better and better [emoji228]

Yep, an utter shocker of a decision. One league game in seven weeks for us because of last week's bonkers blank weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The headline should read "SJFA show utter incompetence in running tournament then fine the club that knocked their pan out to make the final game a success"

As for "Pollok were given the chance to put their case to us but did not do so" - words fail me!

The headline should read "SJFA show utter incompetence in running tournament then fine the club that knocked their pan out to make the final game a success"
As for "Pollok were given the chance to put their case to us but did not do so" - words fail me!

So Pollok should be given a break for breaking a rule because they worked hard to put the final game on. So by your logic if any other club had committed the offence they should have been fined?

Pollok do a lot for the junior game but also get more money from hosting finals than any other. Your not above the laws of the game.

The gripe should be with your committee for not knowing the rules. No other club have fallen foul of it. To go crying to the press is just petty.

16 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

So Pollok should be given a break for breaking a rule because they worked hard to put the final game on. So by your logic if any other club had committed the offence they should have been fined?

Pollok do a lot for the junior game but also get more money from hosting finals than any other. Your not above the laws of the game.

The gripe should be with your committee for not knowing the rules. No other club have fallen foul of it. To go crying to the press is just petty.

3 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I cant help but feel if it was any other club the fine would be more.

Good luck if either of your clubs ever falls foul of an obscure SJFA rule and is looking for a bit of comradely solidarity when the junta of the banana republic come after you!

Good luck if either of your clubs ever falls foul of an obscure SJFA rule and is looking for a bit of comradely solidarity when the junta of the banana republic come after you!

I’m all for supporting clubs and showing solidarity when it’s deserved but your post was so condescending and your basic premise of your argument was because we put the final game on we shouldn’t be fined. A rule no matter how obscure should be enforced. On another note how much money did Pollok make from hosting that game?

Oh and my club (and me) have been on the end of both SFA & SJFA bizarre decisions but have had to suck it up and get on with it. The responsibility is with your committee to understand and know the rules if they missed the rule it’s their fault.

And one final point, it’s not cost you guys anything as someone else has paid it for you. If your that upset with it why not come out and refuse to hold any future Scotland games or cup finals!!

Archived