Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

11 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

What potential sponsor wants to invest in a product watched by people in half empty grounds. None that I know of

Media has moved on quite a bit, digital media is king and if you have folks putting in the time, social media and other avenues are more than capable of giving sponsors value for money outwith a banner here or there or a a snip in a programme. 

Much has been made of grounds with no cover being used, however, not every person was under cover at Pollok yesterday, fair enough they had the option, but not everyone used the cover available.

Would you rather have the option of watching a game in the rain, or no game at all?  Not sure about how Cambuslang held up, but the other grounds hosting games would've had guaranteed games played.

One in particular received particular praise from the sides playing on it.

It's a shame there's been so much negativity around these games.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cancellara said:

Well they are fools as most folk who would have travelled to an away fixture are just watching it on Facebook. Therefore not clubs are losing out on much needed revenue and bar takings. Filming games is the scourge of Junior football and it will contribute to the demise of a spectator sport.Remember you read it here first when your club is trying to get punters through the gate.As most folk nowadays take the easy option of lying on the couch with their phone watching some edited highlights of a Junior game #grassroots football is dying

How about we ban photographers and reporters and when you enter a ground you have to sign a confidentiality form meaning you cant tell anyone anything that happened during the game meaning people would have to go to find out the score etc, genius! I must apologise as I thought you were at it to begin with but youve actually hit on a brilliant concept!

2 hours ago, Cancellara said:

Just shows what is wrong with Junior football. Too many people would rather watch on Facebook instead of paying money to physically watch a game.Get off your arses ya shower of lazy b*****ds and go and watch your local team

So, having travelled from Falkirk to Arbroath yesterday and paid in to watch a game, as well as spending money at the club, am I allowed to watch goals from other Junior games?

Who in great honesty cares about this farce ? And what manager worth their salt would ever agree to take on this role ? Last game was about 2 years ago & then you play 3 totally shambolicaly arranged games in the space of 4 days . Can anyone please explain the point of this nonsense?

The players I would think it's an achievement regardless agree it messes up league fixtures

44 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

Can someone oblige by posting the Scotland XI and subs.  from yesterday's match at Pollok. I cannot seem to find them anywhere. Thanks.

From Scott Campbell’s twitter….

Leishman, (Cap), Brown, Moyes, Hoskins, Sideserf, Johnston, Brash, MacKenzie, Young, McKenna, and Wilson.

Barnard, Docherty, Pettigrew, Spence, Boylan, and Milliken

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was a good idea badly excused. Poorly chosen venues and times. No Eastern involvement. If it happens again it could be a season opener, played over a long weekend.

You should be executed for that response no excuses .

1 hour ago, Nugent4nil said:

Leishman, (Cap), Brown, Moyes, Hoskins, Sideserf, Johnston, Brash, MacKenzie, Young, McKenna, and Wilson.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, bluedragon said:

Can someone oblige by posting the Scotland XI and subs.  from yesterday's match at Pollok. I cannot seem to find them anywhere. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

1 hour ago, bluedragon said:

Thank you.

Gary McCann (Pollok) is missing from that list of subs. He came on in place of another Pollok player Bryan Young during the 2nd half

7 hours ago, Cancellara said:

A fee in relation to keeping some punters away from games who just watch edited highlights on Facebook then spout pish on here about teams or grounds they have never visited in their puff

I've never not gone to a game because someone does or does not film it. Highlights will always be second best.

7 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

How about we ban photographers and reporters and when you enter a ground you have to sign a confidentiality form meaning you cant tell anyone anything that happened during the game meaning people would have to go to find out the score etc, genius! I must apologise as I thought you were at it to begin with but youve actually hit on a brilliant concept!

I do think that there should be some sort of registration system in place.  Probably isn't due to cost, but would be good to see a process where you apply and receive a pass for press, have to show it at the gate.  If media folks where to be charged for the pleasure, I'm sure they'd be dodging games.

I've been asked for photos in the past, thought it was great at first to see them in print, quickly realised (with a nudge) that it was the wrong thing to do.  Giving my pics for free was doing someone else out of possibly earning.

I received a request for pics at the tail end of last season, I said yes, but they'd have to pay (money that I'd have donated to my club), never heard from them again.  Turns out they just used an phone pic they managed to get (probably for free) from someone at the game.

Defo needs regulated, but charging would be madness, unless it was a one off to cover admin of such  scheme.

I take pictures at all my clubs games which are used in two local papers and the clubs match programme, I have also given them to anyone who has asked on many occasions. Out of a bit of respect for the paper I do not upload my pictures until after the edition they are in is published but I upload them all.  I have also taken countless pictures at various event and finals for friends and such, for example myself and another from this forum went to two separate cup finals for juvenile football, between us we passed on copies of possibly 500 pictures between the two events that were passed on to the families of the two cup winning sides. The alternative was for the parents to pay £10 a picture of their kid winning the Scottish Cup, TEN POUNDS! The reason I also upload my pictures is because if anyone sees one in the paper and wants to purchase a copy the paper charges roughly £12 of which I get a grand total of nothing.

I totally understand regards doing someone out of a job but in my experience the only press coverage the majority of juniors clubs get is in the local press and due to falling sales and cut backs they don't send a photographer to a game or if they do they are in and out in ten minutes and away to another game.

Basically if I didn't send pictures into the paper there wouldn't be any pictures and as a supporter of my club I want them to get as much publicity as possible.

I must add that I don't and have never been paid for pictures, as is the case with most who do the same, and although I don't have any income at all at the moment I would never dream of asking.

On another point...................... 2:30pm kick offs midweek, it would have maybe been a great idea, they didnt know the weather in advance, to invite pupils from the local schools along, bigger crowd some supporters of the future etc?

Archived