Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

Just shows what is wrong with Junior football. Too many people would rather watch on Facebook instead of paying money to physically watch a game.Get off your arses ya shower of lazy b*****ds and go and watch your local team

The Northern Ireland game was at 2.30pm on a Wednesday afternoon there would have been people who were interested who couldn't go. I watched the goals on Facebook to see the size of crowd and ex Meadow player who scored one of the goals, I would never take time off work to go to a Junior International game.

Majority of people on here go and watch their Junior team most weeks when their games are on.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

Just shows what is wrong with Junior football. Too many people would rather watch on Facebook instead of paying money to physically watch a game.Get off your arses ya shower of lazy b*****ds and go and watch your local team

Slight issue there.

Nobody COULD watch their local team yesterday, due to all West Region games being off due to an essentially meaningless tournament not many people were all that bothered about.

Which is sort of what this thread's about.

The Northern Ireland game was at 2.30pm on a Wednesday afternoon there would have been people who were interested who couldn't go. I watched the goals on Facebook to see the size of crowd and ex Meadow player who scored one of the goals, I would never take time off work to go to a Junior International game.

Majority of people on here go and watch their Junior team most weeks when their games are on.

Anybody who films a Junior game should be made pay a fee to the home side and agreed by both clubs.Filming of games is keeping punters away and that means that clubs are losing much needed revenue in gate money. Either keep your camera in your pocket or pay up

1 minute ago, Cancellara said:

Anybody who films a Junior game should be made pay a fee to the home side and agreed by both clubs.Filming of games is keeping punters away and that means that clubs are losing much needed revenue in gate money. Either keep your camera in your pocket or pay up

I do hope that comment is a wind up!

1 minute ago, Cancellara said:

I think holding games at 2.30 on Wednesday afternoons or at parks with no cover in the pishing rain probably did more to hurt attendance figures than filming them did.

Totally disagree filming of games helps promote the Junior game and gets potential supporters to see the good quality on offer in most games. Also let's supporters see goals again or decisions for/against their team they missed. Great way to promote the game. If you said live streaming then you may have a point but having highlights up on Sunday to Tuesday after a game is not going to stop people going. So should Scottish senior football highlights not be on the TV to encourage crowds? Will do opposite.

Totally disagree filming of games helps promote the Junior game and gets potential supporters to see the good quality on offer in most games. Also let's supporters see goals again or decisions for/against their team they missed. Great way to promote the game. If you said live streaming then you may have a point but having highlights up on Sunday to Tuesday after a game is not going to stop people going. So should Scottish senior football highlights not be on the TV to encourage crowds? Will do opposite.

I'm not against filming games.I say that the cameramen should pay a fee for the privilege as tv companies pay a fee towards Senior football. Nothing in life is free and filming Semi professional sportsmen should carry a price

13 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

I'm not against filming games.I say that the cameramen should pay a fee for the privilege as tv companies pay a fee towards Senior football. Nothing in life is free and filming Semi professional sportsmen should carry a price

A fee in relation to what, promoting the game? Its not a pay per view channel they are running its promoting the game in ways that those who are paid should be doing or at least backing.

A fee in relation to what, promoting the game? Its not a pay per view channel they are running its promoting the game in ways that those who are paid should be doing or at least backing.

A fee in relation to keeping some punters away from games who just watch edited highlights on Facebook then spout pish on here about teams or grounds they have never visited in their puff

29 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I have two different views on games being filmed from a total personal point of view, firstly they are great if you've spent too long in the pub pre or cabin mid match and have to cobble a report together the flip side being that if you write a report then highlights appear there's that looking through your fingers moment hoping you got it right... the highlights are fantastic for all especially I imagine for players who can watch that 'special' goal they scored or cup win and the likes...

20 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

Clubs are happy that someone is going to the bother of filming their games, far less charge them!  some are committee members anyway.

You have to be at the wind up. Nobody has ever stayed at home because they think somebody might stick 5 minutes of highlights on YouTube.

Clubs are happy that someone is going to the bother of filming their games, far less charge them!  some are committee members anyway.

Well they are fools as most folk who would have travelled to an away fixture are just watching it on Facebook. Therefore not clubs are losing out on much needed revenue and bar takings. Filming games is the scourge of Junior football and it will contribute to the demise of a spectator sport.Remember you read it here first when your club is trying to get punters through the gate.As most folk nowadays take the easy option of lying on the couch with their phone watching some edited highlights of a Junior game #grassroots football is dying

3 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

Well they are fools as most folk who would have travelled to an away fixture are just watching it on Facebook. Therefore not clubs are losing out on much needed revenue and bar takings. Filming games is the scourge of Junior football and it will contribute to the demise of a spectator sport.Remember you read it here first when your club is trying to get punters through the gate.As most folk nowadays take the easy option of lying on the couch with their phone watching some edited highlights of a Junior game #grassroots football is dying

There is roughly ZERO people deciding to sit in the house and instead wait for the game highlights on Youtube or Facebook some days later.

You must be at the wind up.

[emoji23] you can’t be serious.

Or alternatively, video footage of games spread to a much wider audience can help attract sponsorship & advertising which is much needed at all clubs.

If people want to sit on their couch & watch football on TV or via social media, they will watch the Premier League or elsewhere, they won't watch the Juniors. The vast majority of the audience for a Junior package such as Fitba' Shorts will be players, Managers or supporters of other clubs who were at other games - i.e. people who wouldn't have been at that game anyway. Therefore, costing the club's nothing & actually adding to the Junior game.

Stop being the prophet of doom man!

Or alternatively, video footage of games spread to a much wider audience can help attract sponsorship & advertising which is much needed at all clubs.

If people want to sit on their couch & watch football on TV or via social media, they will watch the Premier League or elsewhere, they won't watch the Juniors. The vast majority of the audience for a Junior package such as Fitba' Shorts will be players, Managers or supporters of other clubs who were at other games - i.e. people who wouldn't have been at that game anyway. Therefore, costing the club's nothing & actually adding to the Junior game.

Stop being the prophet of doom man!

What potential sponsor wants to invest in a product watched by people in half empty grounds. None that I know of

Archived