Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Good for you Cabey.

Aye whatever.

We know you hate Junior football so it no surprise you wouldn't go.

You think you're club is too good to be Junior despite league positions suggesting otherwise.

Well done on a good win tonight Scotland.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

Also going on 2 miles from my house.

Would have went but for mum being in hospital as I actually enjoy all forms of the Junior game.

Delighted to see Beith players getting international recognition at the level they play no matter what some think of it.

Agree with the last part, but there's absolutely no sensible reason why this couldn't have been scheduled in such a way that the rest of us didn't have to suffer a blank Saturday.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Agree with the last part, but there's absolutely no sensible reason why this couldn't have been scheduled in such a way that the rest of us didn't have to suffer a blank Saturday.

Don't disagree with that mate and have never said otherwise.

9 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Ok good for you.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and will get you nowhere.

Hope you don't use that on the street as it not great etiquette my friend.

Notice you don't deny you're arrogant thoughts of being too good for the grade.

You were stating on another thread ypu would be professional again.

What's the timescale for this and why would they ever let you back after the last debacle?

I'm at odds with some of the posters on this thread. I went to tonight's game and thoroughly enjoyed it. I attended last Wednesday's match vs Renfrew and really enjoyed that as well.

From the players' point of view, representing your country is a genuine honour, and having junior internationalists at your club reflects well upon the club itself.

I'm sure that the junior game will benefit financially from having a representative team - SFA funding is derived on an 'improvement plan' footing, in line with many government and private sector organisations. (Not that it works for football.)

I understand the frustrations at the blank Saturday this weekend - a different schedule  for the tournament could've solved this problem.

However, it is unfair to deride the competition itself, where our best players have a chance to play together. Our supporters have a chance to see these guys doing this, and also the opportunity to see players they wouldn't otherwise see.

I can't make Pollok on Saturday, but hope Scotland win to win the tournament, and I would welcome this competition returning on an annual basis, if we can find an appropriate place in the calendar.

41 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and will get you nowhere.

Hope you don't use that on the street as it not great etiquette my friend.

Notice you don't deny you're arrogant thoughts of being too good for the grade.

You were stating on another thread ypu would be professional again.

What's the timescale for this and why would they ever let you back after the last debacle?

I see you're still barking. When did you get out?

Hope you play to your handicap, p. I’m looking forward to the International game, something a wee bit different.
Look forward to seeing you at Gaswork Park, keep winning.

Hope you play to your handicap, p. I’m looking forward to the International game, something a wee bit different.
Look forward to seeing you at Gaswork Park, keep winning.

It's ended up as a par/bogey competition so a few shocking holes won't wreck my card as usual. Might end up at Newlandsfield later though.

14 hours ago, omar said:

I'm sure that the junior game will benefit financially from having a representative team - SFA funding is derived on an 'improvement plan' footing, in line with many government and private sector organisations. (Not that it works for football.)

I very much doubt it, but I'm all ears.

What was the attendance last night?

The only ones benefiting from this farce are the blazers who will be well oiled the next few days
My club & others are missing out on a perfectly good Saturday for no other reason than what I’ve stated
Even if half our squad were picked I still wouldn’t open the blinds to watch it

Archived