Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

6 hours ago, fishtrunkAKA said:

Scotland looking good at 2-0 but lost their way after a plethora of subs. Burns was a big loss in the middle of the park.  First NI goal came out of nothing but you sensed an equaliser was coming. Thought the defence which remained unchanged was excellent throughout.

Did anyone get the Scottish substitutes both listed and used?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Looking at the other fixtures, I wouldn't be surprised if either Renfrew or Pollok put out something for the games at their grounds involving Scotland where the crowds will be decent, but there's zero chance of it happening for the non-Scotland games.

There won't be a programme at Pollok on Saturday.

11 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

They're on Scott Campbell of the Sun's Twitter feed ‪@scottcam67‬

11 hours ago, fishtrunkAKA said:

The Penicuik Athletic Twitter feed listed substitutions for both sides.

Thank you both. I have them now.

17 hours ago, gogsy said:

Pipe down , if a game had been organised for Camelon, we would have had to wait weeks for it to get played, its been raining. I'm surprised you didn't say Harthill though, Linfield supporters could have made it a double header with the game at Tannadice. Also noticed a slight problem with playing the evening games at Bo'ness and Camelon as well.

Quite what you think Linfield have to do with this I'll never know, although I can probably guess. Ditto Harthill.

No problem at all playing the games through here, one in the afternoon , one in the evening, allowing fans to attend both games if they want to, then have the Saturday games as afternoon kick-offs.

The initial point remains though, McKenna Park is far from suitable as a venue. Punters deserve better.

57 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

There used to be a tournament programme that covered all squads and past results, would have been easy enough to arrange IMO and would have sold well.

I agree entirely. I was asked by my pal in Dublin to get him some.

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

There used to be a tournament programme that covered all squads and past results, would have been easy enough to arrange IMO and would have sold well.

I wouldn't imagine it would been too much effort to cobble together a tournament prog - welcome message from the SJFA, squad lists and maybe team photo  for each team, fixture list for this week, list of previous winners, wee photo of each of the venues and the Scottish Junior international history C&P'ed straight from the SJFA website.

Oh, and a big Umbro ad on the back cover.

12pp - print it on decent stock for two bucks a throw...you'd like to think a chimp could have put something like that together in an hour.

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I wouldn't imagine it would been too much effort to cobble together a tournament prog - welcome message from the SJFA, squad lists and maybe team photo  for each team, fixture list for this week, list of previous winners, wee photo of each of the venues and the Scottish Junior international history C&P'ed straight from the SJFA website.

12pp - print it on decent stock for two bucks a throw...you'd like to think a chimp could have put something like that together in an hour.

... which tells you everything you need to know about those running the SJFA!

Agreed mate but you really need to grasp that these things are a big knees up for the guys who run junior football , the Wednesday afternoon kick off time , at a ground with no shelter from the pissing rain and the whole lack of organisation only leads you to assume it's all about them and their take take take attitudes , cant imagine that many of them would have driven home let's put it that way .

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

Agreed mate but you really need to grasp that these things are a big knees up for the guys who run junior football , the Wednesday afternoon kick off time , at a ground with no shelter from the pissing rain and the whole lack of organisation only leads you to assume it's all about them and their take take take attitudes , cant imagine that many of them would have driven home let's put it that way .

Yes. Some of them were at the Ardagh Cup Final on Sunday. Clearly there for the freebie hospitality and nowt else.

4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

The SAFA issued a great 32 page colour programme for their game against "England" (West Yorkshire League) last year, and do it regularly. The chimps at the SJFA can't even manage one for a "prestigious" International tournament. Sums them up frankly.

34 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Scotland game going on about 2 miles from my house and I can honestly say I wouldnt open the blinds if it was in my garden.

Also going on 2 miles from my house.

Would have went but for mum being in hospital as I actually enjoy all forms of the Junior game.

Delighted to see Beith players getting international recognition at the level they play no matter what some think of it.

Archived