Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

The SJFA at its best.  I'm alright Jack, f**k the punters and the grade.

I actually left work planning to go to this, but then the rain started and I thought, "feck that", as I wasn't paying nearly £20 on a train fare to stand on an uncovered underdeveloped ground. No offence to anyone at St Ants as I'm sure they all work very hard to keep the club going, but a supposedly prestigious game should at least have cover for the paying punters.

Should have the next one in the East anyway. Bo'ness, Lithgy and Camelon all superior venues and all in close proximity.

Another top result for Mr Hislop - dragging a draw from a stonewall certain win. An upgrade on last season when he got losses from that situation! Still the best straight line cone layer in football. 

1 hour ago, Cancellara said:

No junior fixtures this weekend because of this diddy tournament. Nothing short of a scandal. Another kick in the teeth for the smaller Junior teams and punters alike emoji34.pngemoji116.png

go east .take it this is something to do with miles within radius ?

OK I get it, the SJFA want the tournament and they have invoked the rule meaning no games on withing 45 miles on Saturday etc. Couple of points though, there were a number of friendlies played tonight, yes I know today's games were in the afternoon but tomorrow isnt, will clubs be allowed to do play friendlies tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon as I would imagine many supporters would rather go there than to the internationals.

I wasn't there so I am only going on hearsay but I understand that there were no programmes available nor were they visible team lines for supports. Surely if your hosting an event like this you promote the absolute arse out of it, put on a show and make it something special for those in attendance be it 30, 140 or whatever. I noted that the ROI presented Camby with an gift for hosting today's game, that's a fantastic gesture one our organisation would probably relplicate if the tables were turned but no programmes, no team lines? Collectors would have snapped them up being an international tournament and maybe more importantly players involved would have them as a memento.

22 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

OK I get it, the SJFA want the tournament and they have invoked the rule meaning no games on withing 45 miles on Saturday etc. Couple of points though, there were a number of friendlies played tonight, yes I know today's games were in the afternoon but tomorrow isnt, will clubs be allowed to do play friendlies tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon as I would imagine many supporters would rather go there than to the internationals.

I wasn't there so I am only going on hearsay but I understand that there were no programmes available nor were they visible team lines for supports. Surely if your hosting an event like this you promote the absolute arse out of it, put on a show and make it something special for those in attendance be it 30, 140 or whatever. I noted that the ROI presented Camby with an gift for hosting today's game, that's a fantastic gesture one our organisation would probably relplicate if the tables were turned but no programmes, no team lines? Collectors would have snapped them up being an international tournament and maybe more importantly players involved would have them as a memento.

If anything was to be done programme-wise it would need to have been organised centrally by the SJFA...one issue to cover the whole tournament would seem like the path of least resistance.

Fat chance of that happening though - even for local finals it's left to either the sides involved or occasionally the host club to do anything.

Leaving it to the host clubs was obviously a non-starter in this case however - can't reasonably expect the likes of Camby to do an issue from scratch covering two squads they know absolutely nothing about to satisfy the couple of dozen people that showed up today. That would be the textbook definition of more trouble than it's worth.

Looking at the other fixtures, I wouldn't be surprised if either Renfrew or Pollok put out something for the games at their grounds involving Scotland where the crowds will be decent, but there's zero chance of it happening for the non-Scotland games.

Archived