Quadrangular Tournament 2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Pettigrew is coming back from injury, that is why he has been used sparingly by Talbot so far. He will be a regular once fully fit.

A lot of people getting their knickers in a twist over this nonsense. Who cares who is picked, nobody is interested in this tournament

Pettigrews knees are gone, surprised if he is at Talbot much longer

Can't believe Spence and Burns have been picked. Watched Spence and Burns a few times and not impressed. At Troon last season Spence was a shadow of the player who was a regular at Talbot. Off the top of my head Pee Wee and G Wilson's brother at Talbot are better. Also McGuinnes at Kilwinning must be worth a shout.

1 hour ago, wingnut said:

Aye am worried sick aboot it,that worried a don't even know where or when it's getting played,lol.

Good to see them taking the step up to making a c**t of the absolute basics on an international stage, but I bet the sausage rolls and pineapple and cheese cocktail sticks have been ordered since about 6 months ago so, phew!

1 hour ago, Louis Mooie said:

Can't believe Spence and Burns have been picked. Watched Spence and Burns a few times and not impressed. At Troon last season Spence was a shadow of the player who was a regular at Talbot. Off the top of my head Pee Wee and G Wilson's brother at Talbot are better. Also McGuinnes at Kilwinning must be worth a shout.

Wilson better than Burns, are you for real mate? Please tell me you are at the wind up?

The CMs picked are a joke. Frize, Anderson, McGuinness, Jamie Wilson just for starters are all better. To overlook Christie and McGlinchey at Beith is as baffling as including McKenna who hasn't started a league game (although scored a hat trick in a much changed side when Burgess was watching).

A few strange selections and like JC I'd love to pick a side to beat them.

28 minutes ago, Bellsdale Boy said:

The CMs picked are a joke. Frize, Anderson, McGuinness, Jamie Wilson just for starters are all better. To overlook Christie and McGlinchey at Beith is as baffling as including McKenna who hasn't started a league game (although scored a hat trick in a much changed side when Burgess was watching).

A few strange selections and like JC I'd love to pick a side to beat them.

Why not just get Beith to play them?

Good to see them taking the step up to making a c**t of the absolute basics on an international stage, but I bet the sausage rolls and pineapple and cheese cocktail sticks have been ordered since about 6 months ago so, phew!

Aye, it would he handy if we maybe knew who was playing and when and where.

Why would I be at the wind up, because you rate Burns and I don't. Saw him at Kilwinning a couple of weeks ago and he was poor.

I would agree burns was poor against Kilwinning and hasn't played to his potential so far this season but I think his record speaks for itself you don't play in senior Scottish cup finals and in the spl and then suddenly become a poor player

A lot of good players in the squad, however there are some questionable selections. Frize and Christie from Beith should be in the squad along with Taz from Hurlford.  No Rob Roy players is a bit unfair on them. Would of been interesting to know who the Glenafton players he would have selected also.

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Notice the announcement says "11th to 14th October" which is 4 days, and Wednesday-Saturday.

Usually it's 3 days Friday-Sunday.

Is it a mistake or has the format been changed?

So only on grounds that have the devil's candles?

Or are they expecting those selected to make themselves available during daylight hours midweek, which would mean an afternoon off work just for this. Can players reject being selected?

11 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

Why would I be at the wind up, because you rate Burns and I don't. Saw him at Kilwinning a couple of weeks ago and he was poor.

Agreed he was poor that day as were the whole Cumnock team.  So your decision is based on one game?

I've seen enough of both players to form an opinion.

Archived