League Moves/Comings and Goings?

List_of_Jericho

Gartcosh is a weird move. They just survive by the skin of their teeth in the Caley Prem each season, I doubt they'll make any impact in The Central unless they are getting a number of players in from somewhere. Good thing for The Caley is it will let a better team from the 1st Division get up and make the premier a bit stronger.

Auchinnairn and Yoker joining the SSMAFL.

Dal Ritta and Callendar joining The Caley.

Not heard much else.

11 minutes ago, DavieGee16 said:

Is the world's oldest Amateur League just about to die?? Ran with 7 teams last season and apparently 4 of them are leaving the league next season. Surely the West of Scotland league ain't going to attempt to run with 3 teams. Are they?

They really have been struggling in recent years the West.

54 minutes ago, DavieGee16 said:

What can the SAFA do to stop this happening?

Good question, I don't know if new teams are being put off with the teams from further afield joining, the likes of Carradale and South Lochaber have joined in recent years. Oban Athletic and Lochfyneside were also in it but didn't last very long.

I think South Lochaber have been accepted into one of the greater Glasgow leagues.

It seems to have been treated like a tester for new clubs to see if it is sustainable to run an amateur team.

I just wonder if they are actually doing anything to prevent the league from going under?. Would they be better to approach another league who are possibly struggling for numbers and look to combine and have both leagues rebranded as a new league. Or could it be used as a development league where Under 21 sides who are going amateur must do at least a season or two within this league to establish theirselves and then if they choose to move on they can

Cally League taken Callender Th, Eddlewood,FC  Dalraita. Wishaw wanderers

Gartcosh Utd being joined in the league they are going to by Craigneuk and Polmont

Greater Glasgow league taken Helensburgh, newshot and south Lochaber gods knows where they will play their home games all from the West League

SAFL no clubs moving in or out though new clubs only can still apply

13 minutes ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Cally League taken Callender Th, Eddlewood,FC  Dalraita. Wishaw wanderers

Gartcosh Utd being joined in the league they are going to by Craigneuk and Polmont

Greater Glasgow league taken Helensburgh, newshot and south Lochaber gods knows where they will play their home games all from the West League

SAFL no clubs moving in or out though new clubs only can still apply

28 minutes ago, loco de futbol said:

I also think the Lanarkshire league will struggle.. Heard other teams have itchy feet!

With another one,possibly two teams,said to be heading for pastures new with the sides mentioned above,it looks like this league will indeed struggle to survive.And that's pretty sad when we consider that at one time the Lanarkshire had five divisions and regularly provided the Scottish Cup winners. :(

greater Glasgow there is 7 new teams been accepted

helensburgh

newshot

south lochaber

westcliff afc

boswell

bellaire

st Thomas

also played wishaw Wycombe wanderers in the Scottish this year really good young side will do well in cally imo

Archived