TALBOT V ROB ROY

happy

Firstly if we had Gary , Shaun and Kev on the pitch today from the start it would have been a different game. Secondly the refs assistant did flag for offside but valuable lesson learnt play to the whistle. The sending off was for a clear kick at Gavin when both were on the ground. Fourth Roy unlucky not to get equaliser in second half as wee Kev came close on the goal line clearance. Fifth we lack dig in the middle hence come back Shaun quickly. Maxi has got us here but we need to look at the players available that didn't start.

Sixth Talbot won the game by scoring one more goal than us?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

Nope 

Kirkintilloch's big weakness was a tendency to whine like a toddler whose lolly has dropped off the stick anytime a decision went against them 

If the ref had been a stickler for the rules Rob Roy would've broken the crime count record as they hounded the officials from the first whistle to last 

Fair play to Sawyers, he went about his business without complaint but many of his team mates, led by Tintin, dived & bitched at every opportunity 

Hounding and surrounding the ref at every opportunity is something Findlay , Young , Thomson , McDonald etc did only too well for Talbot. As did Cameron , Farrell , Pelinie , Sloan when Buffs were winning big. You don't notice it when its your team doing it. All about instilling a winning mentality.

Gaz letting himself down tbh taking the captains role a bit far we get it son your a passionate boy but no use on sidelines watt should have started with big willie but the manager knows his stuff and done well so far so can't be to critical

Hounding and surrounding the ref at every opportunity is something Findlay , Young , Thomson , McDonald etc did only too well for Talbot. As did Cameron , Farrell , Pelinie , Sloan when Buffs were winning big. You don't notice it when its your team doing it. All about instilling a winning mentality.

Bottom line you can drag the game into the gutter or you lead by example. Wear the crown well and get the respect you deserved.

I saw that too lol. Thought the same

19 minutes ago, plug mac said:

Gaz letting himself down tbh taking the captains role a bit far we get it son your a passionate boy but no use on sidelines watt should have started with big willie but the manager knows his stuff and done well so far so can't be to critical

Not really sure I agree with that, think Gaz is a great captain. But that's just my opinion.

Not really sure I agree with that, think Gaz is a great captain. But that's just my opinion.

It's was a wee bit over the top yesterday to be honest, the Ref didn't help but we were a bit vocal at every opportunity. Don't like feigning injury and surrounding the Ref at any level. Man Utd of old Maxi Ferguson [emoji106]

Hope the Rob Roy guys enjoyed the September weekend off. Remember you were meant to play us then but decided to go on holiday. You were probably on the best form of your season and we were on our worst. I would have been almost certain you would have beaten us then but said at the time it would come back to bite you.

Time wasting from the start, diving, feigning injury, hounding the ref. You guys are a credit to football

Again to repeat we requested the holiday weekend off before we knew who we were due to play!!

We didn't decided to go on take a 'week off ' once we knew we had Talbot to play.

Once the fixture man realised we were not playing that weekend the fixture was quickly scrapped.

The vast majority of sides we have played this season and the fans like Kilwinning and Hurlford have commented on our home style of play which won't be evident every week.

You have to fight scrap chase up officials when you go to certain grounds otherwise you have no chance.

As commented on by the Kilbirnie fan great teams of the past (we are not one of those obviously) have had that element and it's been fine for them it's fine when it's your team yet when wee Rob Roy try similar tactics it's a disgrace to football. Looking through tinted specs or what do people just expect teams to turn up and roll over if you want that feel free to bugger off to the south of Scotland league or the super fantastic (not) LL.

31 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Again to repeat we requested the holiday weekend off before we knew who we were due to play!!

We didn't decided to go on take a 'week off ' once we knew we had Talbot to play.

Once the fixture man realised we were not playing that weekend the fixture was quickly scrapped.

The vast majority of sides we have played this season and the fans like Kilwinning and Hurlford have commented on our home style of play which won't be evident every week.

You have to fight scrap chase up officials when you go to certain grounds otherwise you have no chance.

As commented on by the Kilbirnie fan great teams of the past (we are not one of those obviously) have had that element and it's been fine for them it's fine when it's your team yet when wee Rob Roy try similar tactics it's a disgrace to football. Looking through tinted specs or what do people just expect teams to turn up and roll over if you want that feel free to bugger off to the south of Scotland league or the super fantastic (not) LL.

Who mentioned talbot going to the sos or the LL leagues certainly no us,,, but yous would love to see it maybe give yous the chance to win a major honour

32 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Talbot will never try to step up leagues to the pyramid they don't have baws. If it was my team dominating the grade they way they do i would 100% expect them to push on see how far it can go.

2 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Talbot will never try to step up leagues to the pyramid they don't have baws. If it was my team dominating the grade they way they do i would 100% expect them to push on see how far it can go.

Your going to have to put some fresh bait on your line bud #notakers lol

Seen a bit of Rob Roy this season and they have a nice bit of attacking play about them, side that do their homework and are fluid tactically. Yesterday for me was all about the pressure of the fixture, the Roy losing out.

Was really disappointed with #14 towards the end of the game as he very badly faked a head injury, Ross was about 2 meters away from him, he then grabbed the back of his head, collapsed and was rolling around, screaming in seeming agony. Wish I'd caught it as would have been a viral video for sure lol. 

Anyway 

Talbot in there comfort zone so why would try and step up dominate for Ever at junior level but as I said b4 ayr and Kilmarnock don't seem to benefit

Don't understand. Can you explain in English please ?

7 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Hopefully the Talbot lads took some knowledge from that game that we are a very good team despite the critics and knockers.

Speaking of which,did any of you guys get to meet the mysterious Nicole,TB? 

Don't understand. Can you explain in English please ?

Great junior side who don't seem to produce senior talent for ayr Utd or Kilmarnock just baffles me that it is a hot bed for junior football but pretty shitty at the senior level the boy Moffat far girvan only recent success and he at Dunfermline with all due respect

Archived