East Region Superleague....

watchful eye

So we are approaching the business end of the season and looking to see if anyone thinks Kelty can be stopped from lifting the title?

My prediction is.......

Winners - Kelty

Relegated - Newtongrange & Fauldhouse

Play Off - Camelon or Jeanfield

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

On 29 April, Dundonald will complete their 30 league matches. At that time both Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow willl still have 10 league games left.

League should try and fit in another couple of mid week games at start of season. Then, if teams such as Dundonald have postponed matches during the season, their final few league matches could be spread out a little more at this time so their season doesn't end so soon.

Anyway, what a great end to the season Dundonald are having; winning their last four league matches, all at home, and will probably finish in the top 5. A great first season in the East Super League. Well done to all those involved.

On 21/03/2017 at 20:15, sponsorsladdie said:

I reckon Fauldhouse and nitten will go down, jeanfield and mussie fighting to avoid the play off

Looks like Fauldhouse and Nitten are going to go down, though unfortunately for them, that seems to have been the case for a wee while. 

Still going to say at this time that my team will not finish in the playoff position. But also don't rule out Hill O'Beath and Camelon  being sucked down to this position come end of season. 

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Bonnyrigg  clear favourites for league now?

Red Rose, doesn't care for me speaking about his team, but whilst I think they are slight favourites, certainly not clear by any means.

Three factors could decide otherwise. 1. If Kelly beat Bonnyrigg at home; 2. The number of games Bonnyrigg still have to play. Depending on how far they go in their three remaining cup competitions, they would still have 22-23 games to go. 3. Not sure how big Bonnyrigg's squad is, but with playing Saturday, Monday, Wednesday for a number of weeks, will they cope with all of the demands, and perhaps some players not being able to get away for all the games.

What does the manager do - give priority to the Scottish Cup and League at the expense of the other 2 competitions? 

What does the manager do - give priority to the Scottish Cup and League at the expense of the other 2 competitions? 

Is that really a question? Let's just not bother trying hard in the 2 competitions that give you a shot of the Big Scottish for 2 local cups, one of which has no pay out if won.

1 minute ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Is that really a question? Let's just not bother trying hard in the 2 competitions that give you a shot of the Big Scottish for 2 local cups, one of which has no pay out if won.

Not sure I said that Sponsor! I'm sure all at Bonnyrigg, as would any other team, will want to will all games that they play in, but how often/ realistic is that particular with so many games to be played befor the end of the season.

So, if I was manager; for the remaining league games and the 2 Scottish Cup ties, if they get to final, I'd play my strongest team. For the Fife and lothians and East of Scotland cup ties, I'd give all the other fringe players as much time play as possible( assuming they are available)

We're delighted with 1st season in superleague, had some big wins in the league against big teams and overall we've comfortably held our own throughout the season.  The jump from premier league to superleague is massive imo. 

We've massively changed our squad from end of last season 14 players leaving and 10 coming in which has cost us in the cups to be honest due to cup tied players.

2nd season will no doubt be harder but hopefully we can strengthen further in the summer and we will be ready to go.

Last 2 games away to lithgae and Bonnyrigg, no pressure on us looking forward to enjoying the games and further testing how far we have came.

oh the bluebells are blue

We're delighted with 1st season in superleague, had some big wins in the league against big teams and overall we've comfortably held our own throughout the season.  The jump from premier league to superleague is massive imo. 
We've massively changed our squad from end of last season 14 players leaving and 10 coming in which has cost us in the cups to be honest due to cup tied players.
2nd season will no doubt be harder but hopefully we can strengthen further in the summer and we will be ready to go.
Last 2 games away to lithgae and Bonnyrigg, no pressure on us looking forward to enjoying the games and further testing how far we have came.
oh the bluebells are blue

Couldn't make it on Saturday but by all accounts a thoroughly deserved win for the Bluebells and the score speaks for itself really. For most promoted teams, the first season in the Superleague is the toughest and often just a one season stint before being relegated back to the Premier so credit where it's due. Good luck for the remainder of the season and for next season... Except against Bo'ness! [emoji106]

Kelty champs for sure...........but it would be nice if Bonnyrigg made it a tight finish.

Fauldhouse and Newtongrange for the drop.    Jeanfield for the playoff spot.  

Bo'ness a disappointing 4th I reckon.

Still possible for Bonnyrigg to do it. They keep grinding out results in the league but still have quite a few games to play and think their cup-runs will catch up with them at some point. However, Kelty have dropped a couple of points where you'd have expect them to have won comfortably recently so it's still all to play for at the top. Feel Bonnyrigg deserve it more to be honest.

At the other end Fauldhouse & Nitten look like they're relegated, but let's hope Lithgy take a really embarrassing and demoralising hiding down at Auchinleck that leaves them hurting for weeks and costs them some league points as well! [emoji39]

On 17/04/2017 at 16:51, 8MileBU said:

Couldn't make it on Saturday but by all accounts a thoroughly deserved win for the Bluebells and the score speaks for itself really. For most promoted teams, the first season in the Superleague is the toughest and often just a one season stint before being relegated back to the Premier so credit where it's due. Good luck for the remainder of the season and for next season... Except against Bo'ness! emoji106.png

On the second half performance Lochee deserved the win, although they were poor in the first half,Carnoustie should have went in at least one up. My view was Carnoustie well on top first half did not score, Lochee well on top second half scored 2. Overall a poor game of football.

I would think both Lochee & Carnoustie are safe, but looking at the table tonight Camelon, HOB, Musselburgh, Nitten & Jeanfield are all in the mix for that playoff.

Bad result last night for HoB.

Think Nitten are going down and the other 4 are definitely in the mix for play off position.

Apart from bonnyrigg and Bo'ness all the other other matches musselburgh has to play I think are teams in bottom half of league.

So, I'm sure we will get enough points to be safe.

4 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Bad result last night for HoB.

Think Nitten are going down and the other 4 are definitely in the mix for play off position.

Apart from bonnyrigg and Bo'ness all the other other matches musselburgh has to play I think are teams in bottom half of league.

So, I'm sure we will get enough points to be safe.

Looking at Camelon's run in, there going to need some big performances & luck (HOB, Linlithgow, Bonnyrigg & Bo'ness.

Best of luck there, genuinely. 

Archived