Clyde vs Cowdenbeath

Not read the pages of comments but in regards to last nights game up until we scored our goal against the run of play we were awful!! BUT theres small moments in games where things change and it was our goal. Confidence in the team and shape of the team were much better and from there on I would say we deserved the win.

The players worked very very hard last night none more so than Renton. He worked his bollocks off. Special mention to Gerry Mclauglin and Jamie pyper 2 players who get stick. Gerry was my MOTM last night even ahead of renton. Pyper albeit limited really showed great enthusiasm and grit and determination and gives 100% can we ask from anything more when we know they are not the most talented - NO.

Mullen - no comment on him. Kyle and syme worked quite well in middle of the park unfortunately our use of the ball when in possession is so poor we have to be direct and 2nd half we created a lot of opportunities by working their back 4 into mistakes (carrick/renton)

well done cowden great result but a game which if we went 1 down we wouldnt recover in my opinion to take 3 points.

Mone the Cowden.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Surely digging ourselves out of a hole on Saturday and finally getting a win after 4 months should have been a turning point to stop the slide. To follow it up with a performance like last night devoid of any fight or desire at all is just unacceptable.

Stirling have won 6 on the bounce and are bang in form but even putting that to one side, I simply wouldn't back us against anyone right now. Zero leadership, zero fight, constant mistakes and lack of performances.

What we needed was someone with experience to try and salvage this utter mess. Somebody who had been through it all before and wouldn't be afraid to tell the players a few home truths. What we got is a couple of the lads promoted to fumble along and learn the ropes at one of the most pivotal points in the clubs history.

Uch, it was worth the risk, what was there to lose?

oh wait a minute- everything!!!!

Unfortunately like a few on here I don't play football manager so my tactical knowledge is a bit less

So what do think the reason for us being second bottom of the 2nd division

We are second bottom for a multitude of reasons.

Marko leaving and not replacing him with another leader on the park would be the first one.

Running with a small squad again even though two of them, McGovern and Fergie, were already long term crocked.

Playing players consistently out of position.

Easton and Lowdon picking up long term injuries.

Letting Marsh go and replacing him with Perry.

Barry and Flynn falling out leaving our best, fit midfielder on the bench.

Gibson or the defence practically chucking at least one goal in the net each game.

Giving Barry the transfer window in January. Finnie, McKenzie and McMillan have all added nothing.

The team are appalling bad. How many would you want to keep out of that starting XI last night? McNeil, Flynn, Fergie and MacDonald. Four players out of eleven. We can't even get the basics right like showing some movement at throw-ins.

Oh and bad luck too.

10 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Nine out of ten. Good work.

All of the above, though are clear football issues which happen everywhere. When the opportunity was there to act in the interests of the club, however, the guardians failed. Intimidated, feart of Ferguson, whatever excuse, i'm not interested. Self preservation and hiding behind the guys 24/7 commitment and all the trappings that went with it, have caused a mere blip (again, a football issue) to explode into full-on meltdown mode and a (very likely looking) relegation. That sort of negligence shouldn't be forsaken by a couple of months just to retain 'stability', the club was apparently perfectly stable when all we needed in December was a pick-me-up win which never came!!

Cfuk's point is fairly straightforward...too many heads in the sand, hoping and begging these p***ks for some effort. Other clubs deal with such crises a lot more effectively. If Clyde can't, they shouldn't be in this level of football. Cowdenbeath are a prime example.....an utterly pish team, but got the results they needed. 

Oh dear.

We actually hav

8 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Nine out of ten. Good work.

All of the above, though are clear football issues which happen everywhere. When the opportunity was there to act in the interests of the club, however, the guardians failed. Intimidated, feart of Ferguson, whatever excuse, i'm not interested. Self preservation and hiding behind the guys 24/7 commitment and all the trappings that went with it, have caused a mere blip (again, a football issue) to explode into full-on meltdown mode and a (very likely looking) relegation. That sort of negligence shouldn't be forsaken by a couple of months just to retain 'stability', the club was apparently perfectly stable when all we needed in December was a pick-me-up win which never came!!

Cfuk's point is fairly straightforward...too many heads in the sand, hoping and begging these p***ks for some effort. Other clubs deal with such crises a lot more effectively. If Clyde can't, they shouldn't be in this level of football. Cowdenbeath are a prime example.....an utterly pish team, but got the results they needed. 

We actually have a decent team, just clueless management. Probably because we can't afford better. As for results. We still need quite a few more before we can think about safety.

We have dominated games and lost too often.

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

We actually hav

We actually have a decent team, just clueless management. Probably because we can't afford better. As for results. We still need quite a few more before we can think about safety.

We have dominated games and lost too often.

Can't criticise the new management done not too bad with a side they have inherited bar one player.

We are second bottom for a multitude of reasons.

Marko leaving and not replacing him with another leader on the park would be the first one.

Running with a small squad again even though two of them, McGovern and Fergie, were already long term crocked.

Playing players consistently out of position.

Easton and Lowdon picking up long term injuries.

Letting Marsh go and replacing him with Perry.

Barry and Flynn falling out leaving our best, fit midfielder on the bench.

Gibson or the defence practically chucking at least one goal in the net each game.

Giving Barry the transfer window in January. Finnie, McKenzie and McMillan have all added nothing.

The team are appalling bad. How many would you want to keep out of that starting XI last night? McNeil, Flynn, Fergie and MacDonald. Four players out of eleven. We can't even get the basics right like showing some movement at throw-ins.

Oh and bad luck too.

Would agree with most of that not sure Marsh would have made much difference ( only an opinion )

Main crux of my argument is that it was all allowed to happen by a board who are totally ineffectual

As for the bad luck element we have heard that all season (or did I imagine it)

If an experienced manager had been brought in I'm sure he would have secured our place in the league by mow even by organising the team properly
Instead they have risked our league status by handing the reigns to two rookies

But still no one seems to apportion any blame their way why ?

I wasn't really being serious about the last point. You don't find yourself second bottom due to bad luck.

Marsh has been fairly solid if unspectacular for Stenny in the league above. He would at least gave us a bit of dig that has been missing at times.

The board do come in for criticism on here and on the Facebook group. Not punting Barry quicker and then appointing McGovern just being the latest in a long line of bad decisions.

Having a new chairman in place has given me a bit of hope that things might change. If we go down then I can't see anyway back. Hopefully we can scrape by in 9th place and then have a clear out from top to bottom.

I wasn't really being serious about the last point. You don't find yourself second bottom due to bad luck.

Marsh has been fairly solid if unspectacular for Stenny in the league above. He would at least gave us a bit of dig that has been missing at times.

The board do come in for criticism on here and on the Facebook group. Not punting Barry quicker and then appointing McGovern just being the latest in a long line of bad decisions.

Having a new chairman in place has given me a bit of hope that things might change. If we go down then I can't see anyway back. Hopefully we can scrape by in 9th place and then have a clear out from top to bottom.

The new chairman gives us hope he looks to have all the credentials to drive the club forward, but he had to be given free reign and I think a completely new board I agree if we go down its a long way back, its not just winning the lowland it's winning a play off against Highland league then the league team

don't really care how we do it we have to some how stay up

Take the point on Marsh

On 21/03/2017 at 22:38, Clyde01 said:

See the trialist (rutkiewicz) had on number 23. Hopefully that means perry is away. One less imposter stealing a wage if so.

Rutkiewicz was finished four years ago. That you're resorting to a 36 year old who's been junior for the last two years speaks volumes about how desperate your situation is.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Rutkiewicz was finished four years ago. That you're resorting to a 36 year old who's been junior for the last two years speaks volumes about how desperate your situation is.

Not desperate, have you seen how bad Parry is?

I heard him shouting instruction to his fellow defenders.

That is already a greater contribution than Perry.

Add that to him completing a single pass and we're watching a relative masterclass compared to the previous incumbent.

7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

• If he can bring the experience and attitude that the 40 year old Marko brought last season, that'll do for me.

Archived