Clyde vs Cowdenbeath

Only one man to blame for that tonight and it's not McMillan.

Agreed. The short walk up for the penalty indicated to me misguided confidence that was not warranted.

The lack of guile and imagination by experienced "professionals" was worrying.

But not as worrying as the lack of fight and the acceptance of defeat.

I'm sorry but just aimlessly punting the ball up the field does not indicate a willingness to fight tooth and nail for the club and fans. It simply shows the opposite.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only one man to blame for that tonight and it's not McMillan. A shame no one else shares the goalscoring so I can't be too harsh but it really was a rubbish penalty and some other poor finishes. We should be sitting with three points. Lose on Saturday and I think we're going down. 
Really appreciate McNeil's effort. Fergie not on ball enough and doesn't go looking for it inside. Higgins (how did he hit the post with an open goal?), Finnie and MacKenzie can go anytime.

Well if your right we are down then because that mob won't even get a point on Saturday

Well worth the trip to my first trip to Broadwood tonight

Dont know why Clydes stadium gets negative comments here thought it was fine. If we were fortunate to have a stadium like that we would be well chuffed in Cowdenbeath

We did what we had to do tonight. Credit to Sneddon with the penalty save.

We did well keeping a clean sheet as Clyde kept trying to have a go at us. 

Hopefully this result will give us a massive lift for Saturday setting up a real battle at the bottom end of the table.

I believe we have the right coaching team in place in our bid for survival

Credit to Gary Locke again engaging with the fans and pointing to his players to look up at the away fans and to clap. 

In Locke,Brown and Irvine we trust!!

Believe 

Well worth the trip to my first trip to Broadwood tonight
Dont know why Clydes stadium gets negative comments here thought it was fine. If we were fortunate to have a stadium like that we would be well chuffed in Cowdenbeath
We did what we had to do tonight. Credit to Sneddon with the penalty save.
We did well keeping a clean sheet as Clyde kept trying to have a go at us. 
Hopefully this result will give us a massive lift for Saturday setting up a real battle at the bottom end of the table.
I believe we have the right coaching team in place in our bid for survival
Credit to Gary Locke again engaging with the fans and pointing to his players to look up at the away fans and to clap. 
In Locke,Brown and Irvine we trust!!
Believe 

Enjoy your night credit for making the journey

Took in the latest midweek instalment of the League Two relegation dog fight ... deserved win for Cowden who again looked a different side with Locke in charge. 

7 games left wouldn't like to call it ! 

Two poorest teams in the league by some distance, we were shambolic tonight it could easily have been Stuart Miller's team out there, honestly utterly clueless. Long way back now and can't really see us avoiding playoff any Lowland league now. This squad that Ferguson has left us with will not win again this season.
It's  been an adventure supporting Clyde for over 50 years but last home game of  this season will be my last, can't watch Lowland league games sorry, welcome the abuse but that's it. Thank heaven my old man is no longer here to see this, must be birling in his grave at this shower.
Well done Cowdenbeath did what they had to; turn up and keep trying and got the reward. All of those at Clyde FC; players and Board should be absolutly ashamed of themselves, total imposters.

Excellent post

Think a right good few will give it up if we drop out the league seriously doubt I could stomach it .

You will still get the apologists appear on here telling you it's everyone else's fault apart from players , board et al

Well they are welcome to it

Comfortable win. Great save from Jamie at the penalty - had that gone in, it could have been a very different game.

Gerry absolutely strolled that game and credit where credit is due, Rutherford had a decent game. Renton and Carrick worked themselves into the ground and were a handful for the Clyde defence.

Mullen was poor. He didn't look like he wanted to put in the work required when playing as a wide midfielder.

We were OK. Should've scored a couple. But ultimately Cowdenbeath fought more than we did and they found the net twice. They out muscled us and had a game plan as such and deserved to win for executing that game plan.

We started in control of the match and if Peaso scores the pen we probably win that match. Didn't think it was a well struck pen at the time but highlights show it was a much better save than I gave the guy credit for at the game.

We were OK. Should've scored a couple. But ultimately Cowdenbeath fought more than we did and they found the net twice. They out muscled us and had a game plan as such and deserved to win for executing that game plan.

We started in control of the match and if Peaso scores the pen we probably win that match. Didn't think it was a well struck pen at the time but highlights show it was a much better save than I gave the guy credit for at the game.

Fought more than we did , what an a damming indictment on the players / management in the middle of a crucial relegation battle you are out fought.

Tells you all you need to know

What a pathetic bunch can't wait for season to finish get rid of just about all of them Barr 4 or 5

Listen to the manager's interview on the website tge guy is clearly floundering
"It wouldn't have made a difference if we win 4 or 5 nil last night Saturday is still a huge game " stellar opinion [emoji23]

We would have been 10.points clear of Cowdenbeath but that makes no difference

9 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Can someone please post the Dylan Easton quote from when he signed for Clyde please.

If I remember he posted one about Elgin being league champions the season before and there was a lot of LOLs from Clyde fans. Good player, but a jinx me thinks.

We were poor last night but still should have won the game comfortably with the number of chances we had. MacDonald’s penalty aside he missed three other very good chances, Higgins somehow hit the post instead of the open goal, Millar dragging a shot wide from inside the box and even McKenzie’s cross at the end right across the line but no one to put it in.

We tried in the early stages to get Higgins and Johnston running into the channels but, once Johnston picked up a couple of knocks and Higgins tired after half an hour, we struggled and resorted to aimless long balls. We should have swapped Ferguson and Johnston after that. Once Cowdenbeath realised Johnston always had to cut back onto his right foot they closed him down successfully. Ferguson, whilst still right footed, would have caused their fullback more issues. David W rightly pointed out Fergie isn’t looking to get involved nearly enough now.

We couldn’t get Flynn into the match at all. In the first half we played at least 4 or 5 long passes straight to MacDonald. Not the easiest balls to deal with but all ones he could take either on his chest or with his feet but he failed to control, or lay off, any of them successfully. As we’re not playing much passing football, we need the ball to stick up front for Flynn to have a chance.

Cowdenbeath fought hard but didn’t create much and we gave away two easy goals as normal. I think if we’d got a goal with at least 15 minutes left we’d have got another.

For me, Saturday is a must not lose game. We need at least a point just to stop the slide and lift the players confidence a little. We’ll need to win away to Cowdenbeath the following week though. Scoring first in both games is pretty much essential.

At least we’ll have Gormley back for Higgins and, more importantly, McNiff back for Finnie. If I was giving Finnie the benefit of the doubt, I’d say he’s not match sharp as he hasn’t really been playing, but his performance was utterly pathetic last night

We were poor last night but still should have won the game comfortably with the number of chances we had. MacDonald’s penalty aside he missed three other very good chances, Higgins somehow hit the post instead of the open goal, Millar dragging a shot wide from inside the box and even McKenzie’s cross at the end right across the line but no one to put it in.
We tried in the early stages to get Higgins and Johnston running into the channels but, once Johnston picked up a couple of knocks and Higgins tired after half an hour, we struggled and resorted to aimless long balls. We should have swapped Ferguson and Johnston after that. Once Cowdenbeath realised Johnston always had to cut back onto his right foot they closed him down successfully. Ferguson, whilst still right footed, would have caused their fullback more issues. David W rightly pointed out Fergie isn’t looking to get involved nearly enough now.
We couldn’t get Flynn into the match at all. In the first half we played at least 4 or 5 long passes straight to MacDonald. Not the easiest balls to deal with but all ones he could take either on his chest or with his feet but he failed to control, or lay off, any of them successfully. As we’re not playing much passing football, we need the ball to stick up front for Flynn to have a chance.
Cowdenbeath fought hard but didn’t create much and we gave away two easy goals as normal. I think if we’d got a goal with at least 15 minutes left we’d have got another.
For me, Saturday is a must not lose game. We need at least a point just to stop the slide and lift the players confidence a little. We’ll need to win away to Cowdenbeath the following week though. Scoring first in both games is pretty much essential.
At least we’ll have Gormley back for Higgins and, more importantly, McNiff back for Finnie. If I was giving Finnie the benefit of the doubt, I’d say he’s not match sharp as he hasn’t really been playing, but his performance was utterly pathetic last night

You would have thought winning on Saturday would have boosted their confidence

I really do think they dont give a flying if the club goes down , they have shown little or no fight in the league last 4 months and I see nothing that's going to change that, only hope is they scrape could of wins from now till the end of the season (looking to get a couple of win bonuses for their holidays[emoji23]) at Cowdenbeath in a couple of weeks and maybe at home to Berwick near end of the season

You can write off any of the other games

Surely digging ourselves out of a hole on Saturday and finally getting a win after 4 months should have been a turning point to stop the slide. To follow it up with a performance like last night devoid of any fight or desire at all is just unacceptable.

Stirling have won 6 on the bounce and are bang in form but even putting that to one side, I simply wouldn't back us against anyone right now. Zero leadership, zero fight, constant mistakes and lack of performances.

What we needed was someone with experience to try and salvage this utter mess. Somebody who had been through it all before and wouldn't be afraid to tell the players a few home truths. What we got is a couple of the lads promoted to fumble along and learn the ropes at one of the most pivotal points in the clubs history.

One win was never going to turn everything around. If we lose another couple on the bounce that'll be forgotten about.

I'm not saying there's anything to suggest we'll get these results, it's just what I think we'll need. Realistically, Stirling are in form, chasing the playoffs, and should beat us comfortably on Saturday.

Even playing poorly, if we create the number of chances we did last night in each of our remaining games (which I doubt we will) then we will score some, and scrape enough points together to avoid last place.

Archived