Clyde vs Cowdenbeath

A huge match for both teams. A win for us and safety would be just about confirmed.

Big problems in the goalkeeping department. Both Gibson and Quinn struggling so it may come down to young McMillan who has been playing well for the U20's according to Richard Fox.

If the 2nd half Clyde from Saturday turn up I think we will win. You could see the relief from getting that 3rd goal on Saturday release the pressure on some and they started to play with real confidence.

I'll go with another 3-1 to the good guys. Would take any kind of win though.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much its win or defo play offs for us. I think locke will make some changes. I would take out buchanan and start lewis moore.Id also start o brien in middle of the park with 2 workers beside him. Although our full backs are limited on the ball it will be those 2 again.

Carrick is our out ball and on that pitch against a slowish centre half pairing he can be our main man tomorrow.

Be an idea to keep an eye on the weather tomorrow.  The forecast's not looking too clever, possible snow I think it was saying, though by later in the day should be dry.  But if anything lies it'll just freeze.

On assumption it goes ahead, Cowdenbeath will be going all out for the win so our lads have to be ready for that and take the same approach.  Both teams should really view it as a must win. 

Still can't believe Clyde will leapfrog us with a win, but that's what it has come to. Looking at the schedule ahead, a Cowden loss here is likely to put the final nail in the play-off coffin (with only three of their remaining games against bottom half teams, including a Clyde side that may have kicked their ass two weeks earlier)

Best of luck to both teams; regardless of the outcome, there's gonna be one certain loser and that'll be Edinburgh for losing ground to either side.

Expecting a difficult night to be honest, we need the second half performance to get anything from the game. My pessimism is down to one thing only, we will lose at least one goal, so it all depends on attitude on the night, not to panic and put our foot on the ball which  was the difference on Saturday second half. 

Did someone mention suspension tomorrow night? Hope whoever comes in is ready as I expect Cowdenbeath to be well up for this, at least they should be.

Be an idea to keep an eye on the weather tomorrow.  The forecast's not looking too clever, possible snow I think it was saying, though by later in the day should be dry.  But if anything lies it'll just freeze.
On assumption it goes ahead, Cowdenbeath will be going all out for the win so our lads have to be ready for that and take the same approach.  Both teams should really view it as a must win. 

Snow overnight but to turn to rain by midday which would hopefully take care of any snow on the ground.

4 hours ago, NotAFan said:

Would like to see Brian Ross back in the side. Thought he was very good v Berwick and hasn't figured since. Would have him in midfield over Henderson and Syme.

Ross only dropped out v Elgin after getting stuck in the traffic and Gary stuck with the same team v Montrose after they done well. I suppose he has a chance of getting back in tomorrow. As you say he played well v Berwick.

4 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Expecting a difficult night to be honest, we need the second half performance to get anything from the game. My pessimism is down to one thing only, we will lose at least one goal, so it all depends on attitude on the night, not to panic and put our foot on the ball which  was the difference on Saturday second half. 

Did someone mention suspension tomorrow night? Hope whoever comes in is ready as I expect Cowdenbeath to be well up for this, at least they should be.

Should be well up for it, but we will wait and see.

A dusting of snow at most overnight. Very little on the ground at all. As long as there are no blizzards inbound the match will be on.

Edited to add : hold that thought [emoji23][emoji51]

Depends on when any pitch inspection is planned. Rain forecast for later in the morning and despite the odd flurry and heavier snow fall all roads in Cumbernauld are fine and hopefully the rain can see to the snow.

Archived