Brechin Vs Alloa

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent enough game to watch last night. Kirkpatrick impressive, Frank and Andy solid all game, Hetherington and Robbo bossed the midfield. Spence should've started but Mackin could've played worse. Waters looked to have a better game than he has been and Taggart was great coming forward.

Think Jim's decision to bring on Longworth before Spence was ridiculous, convinced he's trying to prove a point to Spence that he's not a superstar however Brechin hadn't finished celebrating their equaliser before Spence was warming up.

There isn't anything Holmer can do that Hetherington can't do better (apart from maybe shoot).

Don't know why Brechin fans are complaining about the ref, guy wasn't great at all but should've shown several yellows to Brechin players and maybe a debatable red at the end.

Don't know which goalie is worse for thinking he's good, "Buzz" or Cammy Belford from Stranraer. Pair of gobshites.

Decent enough game to watch last night. Kirkpatrick impressive, Frank and Andy solid all game, Hetherington and Robbo bossed the midfield. Spence should've started but Mackin could've played worse. Waters looked to have a better game than he has been and Taggart was great coming forward.
Think Jim's decision to bring on Longworth before Spence was ridiculous, convinced he's trying to prove a point to Spence that he's not a superstar however Brechin hadn't finished celebrating their equaliser before Spence was warming up.
There isn't anything Holmer can do that Hetherington can't do better (apart from maybe shoot).
Don't know why Brechin fans are complaining about the ref, guy wasn't great at all but should've shown several yellows to Brechin players and maybe a debatable red at the end.
Don't know which goalie is worse for thinking he's good, "Buzz" or Cammy Belford from Stranraer. Pair of gobshites.

Slightly harsh on longworth imo, his goal record speaks for itself really.

Yip your spot on, pair of absolute bellends, 'buzz' does like the sound of his voice..noone else does though.

Longworth has admittedly been a bit inconsistent in his time with us but based solely on last night's game he was excellent in what little time he had. He created numerous chances and was unlucky not to score on a couple of separate occassions, one shot from a tight angle took some of us by surprise never mind their keeper. The one instance in particular though was when he controlled a kick out from McDowall on his instep, turning his defender whilst doing so, then slipping the ball through for Cawley in one fluid motion which was just absolutely sublime. The recognition from Goodwin over it could be heard from the opposite end of the pitch. Being an Alloa supporter I have no interest in a Spence or Longworth debate, they both do a job for my team in my eyes and I'm a big fan of both as such. Based on last nights performances however, Longworth would've got a 9 and Spence a generous 3 for their limited game time. Longworth was dangerous and creative whereas Spence got caught in possession a couple of times and perhaps tried too hard to make a difference with only being given a few minutes to do so. 

Both players celebrated our late winner, as did I! 

Aye Longworth only came on 4 minutes before Spence but he had a far bigger impact on the game.

I'm in no doubt had that spat never happened on Saturday he probably would've started last night but Jim needs to put his foot down and show him who's boss and we have players capable to come in and perform and still get results. Hopefully it's lesson learned.

If Jammer would start for every team in league 2 why did nobody come in for him when he was free in the summer? He was set to sign for East Kilbride before we got him. Gave him a chance earlier in the season and he's just been disappointing. He got a run of starts as well and was disappointing.

If Jammer would start for every team in league 2 why did nobody come in for him when he was free in the summer? He was set to sign for East Kilbride before we got him. Gave him a chance earlier in the season and he's just been disappointing. He got a run of starts as well and was disappointing.

Wouldn't surprise me if EK could match what most teams in league 2 could offer in terms of wages. They're steamrolling the lowland league and I'd fancy them to beat any of the teams at the bottom of league 2 in a play off to come up.

Don't think anyone is saying he should be starting but don't think many other teams in the league will have a striker on the bench of his ability to bring on week in week out.

He was anything but disappointing last night..

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

doesnt matter if he was signing for celtic. he is what he is , we have had queens fans and stranraer fans saying they would have him back in a second !

when he had a run no one in the team was playing that well ! jack ross signed him , knew what he was doing!

1 hour ago, Craig said:

If Jammer would start for every team in league 2 why did nobody come in for him when he was free in the summer?

Because we signed him ? :huh:

Is that not the same as saying why did anyone not come in for any players we signed in summer when they were free?

I think, based on his limited game time he does fine for us. A good option from the bench and has turned a fair few games in our favour.

He was signing for EK mainly due to his friend being the manager there but also with it being easier for his work. When we came in for him, the manager knew it'd be too big a draw for Jamie and actually recommended he join us too.

I think strikers need a run of games before you can really judge them. From what I've seen longworth has been very decent for us and a clever player. Been a good signing for me. 

In all honesty we have a strong squad of players just now and have excellent players sitting on the bench. 

5 minutes ago, Oweny said:

I think strikers need a run of games before you can really judge them. From what I've seen longworth has been very decent for us and a clever player. Been a good signing for me. 

In all honesty we have a strong squad of players just now and have excellent players sitting on the bench. 

I referred to this in Saturday's match programme. In terms of overall squad it's probably as good as it has been for a long time, certainly comparable. Even in the lofty heights of recent successful eras, where we had a bit more quality in some aspects of our first 11 (Bainy, Simmons etc) we probably didn't have as much strength in depth. Obviously difficult to seriously gauge in a league below of course. 

11 minutes ago, Oweny said:

a clever player 

Cleverest thing he's done is manage to turn his head upside down.

Can see what you're saying but even last night he had an easy chance to play in Spence with the last attack of the game and couldn't get it through. Just haven't seen that bit of magic from him.

My point was why did Jammer not have other offers (apart from EK).

Is he a striker? Is he an attacking mid?

Maybe the memory of his game against QoS has just stuck with me too long, maybe I'm missing the qualities he brings to the team.

Archived