Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

Lets face it, none of our forwards performed yesterday, so don't see why Shankland is getting singled out.

A: Because other forwards have either shown their quality in other performances or are returning from an injury layoff in Oliver's case. Shankland has been stinking the place out since he has arrived, doesn't score goals and doesn't even press the opposition defence to help the rest of the team out.

His performance was not just poor yesterday but pathetic and gutless as well.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Dunfermline that’s put paid to your relegation worries.

Yesterday was brutal, Dunfermline were in our faces all day with a man mountain in the middle and a no nonsense approach. They hadn’t come to watch us play and run over them.

Murdoch MOM sorry not the game I watched off the pace all day as was Lindsay 

Yes Vig Ton seen it coming and I dare say we have been off the boil for the last few weeks. Don’t let the wins over Queens and Falkirk fool you we have been below par recently. I feel guys coming back from injury and viruses have contributed or maybe it was the realisation that we could win the title and the pressure told. Well let’s get back on track a play of spot is still the goal this year and second would give us the best chance of getting through the to the premier league

I think our goalie Murdoch was MOM, big Nat was also superb. 

We have played way better and lost games in this league, so I'm pleased to have won this one. 

Both teams created many chances, but we managed to put one away. 

Hopefully this steadies our chances of staying out of a relegation battle. 

Delighted my reverse psychology thread worked wonders...

Super result on Saturday and it was vital. Defeat would have left us hanging above the play-off spot by a single point heading into the Hibs game. Thrilled for Nat to get the winner and no surprise to me that Murdoch had another quality game. I think he's easily going to be Player of the Year.

I'm sure Morton will bounce back quickly. You'll definitely be top four but finishing 2nd would give you a much greater chance at promotion, which would be an incredible achievement.

Fair play to Dunfermline, absolutely deserved your 3 points. I thought Higginbotham was superb for you, we were dreadful, we had to lose at home at some point. Shankland looks overweight and well off the pace, we'd be better starting Tidser in behind Oliver, thought Tidser was decent when he came on.

A wee defeat might have been the best thing to happen to us, wee wake up call :unsure:

Archived