Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that yesterday was absolutely dreadful, first half especially we just didn't want to get the ball on the deck and play football. As soon as we got the ball in our own half it was hoofed up the park to Shankland who was awful yesterday.

Don't know what Gaston was doing for the Corner, the only reason he should be coming off his line is if he's 100% sure he's getting that ball. He's flapped at it and Dunfermline have scored the easiest goal they'll score all season. Even after conceding we didn't look dangerous at all and Dunfermline looked dangerous on the break.

Second half was better, we kept the ball on the deck a lot more and funnily enough created chances. Lamie had a few chances, not sure if they were shots or if he was hitting them across goal for someone to tap in, either way they were poor efforts. Murdoch had a great shot tipped over the bar by his namesake and Murdoch pulled off another excellent save from Kudus' header. Gaston also made a couple of good saves from Dunfermline counter attacks which they looked very dangerous from.

We didn't deserve anything from that game and were beaten by a better team on the day. Everyone has an off day but if we play like that on Wednesday at Easter Road we'll be well beaten.

Not so sure why Dunfermline are so low in the league, they've been a very decent team every time we've played them this season. Thought the would've been pushing the play-offs.

What a day for the football and just like to echo the pitch was absolutely superb, what a surface.

31 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

Well that yesterday was absolutely dreadful, first half especially we just didn't want to get the ball on the deck and play football. As soon as we got the ball in our own half it was hoofed up the park to Shankland who was awful yesterday.

Don't know what Gaston was doing for the Corner, the only reason he should be coming off his line is if he's 100% sure he's getting that ball. He's flapped at it and Dunfermline have scored the easiest goal they'll score all season. Even after conceding we didn't look dangerous at all and Dunfermline looked dangerous on the break.

Second half was better, we kept the ball on the deck a lot more and funnily enough created chances. Lamie had a few chances, not sure if they were shots or if he was hitting them across goal for someone to tap in, either way they were poor efforts. Murdoch had a great shot tipped over the bar by his namesake and Murdoch pulled off another excellent save from Kudus' header. Gaston also made a couple of good saves from Dunfermline counter attacks which they looked very dangerous from.

We didn't deserve anything from that game and were beaten by a better team on the day. Everyone has an off day but if we play like that on Wednesday at Easter Road we'll be well beaten.

Not so sure why Dunfermline are so low in the league, they've been a very decent team every time we've played them this season. Thought the would've been pushing the play-offs.

What a day for the football and just like to echo the pitch was absolutely superb, what a surface.

Absolutely woeful start to the season (I'm going to say it was because Wedderburn wasn't getting a game) and too many draws from games we should have won eg Hibs at Easter Road.

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

:lol:

It is possible to support one team while posting on other team's threads, m8.

Well yeah, but he's on pretty much every Morton thread on here. Old Firm levels of obsession.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I can't remember a time when Morton haven't had an absolutely superb pitch, it's the best in Scotland.

I think you'll find Dens is superior.

7 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Well yeah, but he's on pretty much every Morton thread on here. Old Firm levels of obsession.

Thank you.

We're still clear favourites for second and provided we respond to this defeat the way we've responded to the others this season we'll be fine.  Having Hibs twice in the next three games does make me worry we could be in danger of going into a bit of a downturn so beating Dumbarton is essential regardless of what we do v Hibs, but if we drop Shankland and get Oliver back on form we're capable getting a good return from these games.

Never minded Dunfermline as a club so I'm not as gutted when they get points against us. Still a bit of a blow with Hibs winning as well though but fair play.

I just wish we'd actually make them work for a goal instead of gifting them though. Between yesterday and the previous game at EEP every goal has been a gift which is frustrating.

Never minded Dunfermline as a club so I'm not as gutted when they get points against us. Still a bit of a blow with Hibs winning as well though but fair play.
I just wish we'd actually make them work for a goal instead of gifting them though. Between yesterday and the previous game at EEP every goal has been a gift which is frustrating.

Us beating Falkirk was a good result for you.

Yeah, like I was just saying the other day, the Pars really are a tidy outfit and should be putting wee clubs like Morton in their place.

I have missed the last 3 games to having an extremely hectic social life but I'd imagine we've been smoking hot.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

We're still clear favourites for second and provided we respond to this defeat the way we've responded to the others this season we'll be fine.  Having Hibs twice in the next three games does make me worry we could be in danger of going into a bit of a downturn so beating Dumbarton is essential regardless of what we do v Hibs, but if we drop Shankland and get Oliver back on form we're capable getting a good return from these games.

The skunks game worries me more than the Hibs games tbh.

Gary Oliver is obviously an important player for us but I doubt him and Shankland will ever form an effective partnership. We lack movement up front. I'd like to see nesbitt pushed up there behind oliver or oliver just off him

Lets face it, none of our forwards performed yesterday, so don't see why Shankland is getting singled out.

Both Murdoch and Lindsay didn't perform either which surprises me as they have been fantastic this season.

Team hasn't been great the last couple of games but we managed to grind out results. Yesterday we didn't.

We must try for 2nd place and it's not beyond us to get there, but the team must re-find it's form at a crucial part of the season. 

Archived