Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

1 minute ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Champions elect :lol: 

jim Duffy :lol::lol: 

virginton :lol::lol::lol: 

Not a single Morton fan called ourselves that. Thread was started by a Dunfermline fan. 

We were fucking rancid today. Dunfermline did very well at nullifying all of our threats today and we were second to every ball. Hope it's just a one-off and we go on another decent run till the end of the season. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunfermline had a game plan which they stuck to and it worked very well. They looked very dangerous on the break. We were awful and could have played all day and not scored. Team needs to pick themselves up for a tough run of games.

28 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Fair play to Dunfermline, better team today. We've done well given recent injuries but the lack of someone like Quitongo was particularly obvious today. Gaston selling the jerserys didn't really help either mind. 

Paul McMullan looks a player btw. Where was that for us or the skunks last season?  

Mcmullan did that in spells for us last season. I'd have been happy for him to come back this season but it didn't happen. The wee c**t was a constant threat today.

It's strange seeing Morton so high in the league, as they've been rotten in all three games against us this year.

The first half was particularly poor today - we made the most of an absolute howler from the keeper, then manage to defend comfortably until half-time. I too said at half-time that Morton couldn't be as bad in the second half, so although they improved, it was a relief that it wasn't by much. I don't think we were great with the ball either, but we defended pretty well throughout, and looked comfortable, despite playing much of the game deep in our own half.

Anyone at the other end of the ground have a view on the disallowed goal? It looked a clean header with no hint of a foul to me, but it's easy to miss a subtle nudge at that distance.

Don't know who the ref was but I can't see any reason for Morris goal to be ruled out. Apparantly the ref saw a holding offence which looked to be Morton player holding Morris rather than other way around. Made it tense when game should have been well won.

Don't know who the ref was but I can't see any reason for Morris goal to be ruled out. Apparantly the ref saw a holding offence which looked to be Morton player holding Morris rather than other way around. Made it tense when game should have been well won.

I was at that end, and remain completely oblivious as to why it was disallowed. Genuinely not got a clue.

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Do you actually support Dundee or do you just float about Morton threads? 

:lol:

It is possible to support one team while posting on other team's threads, m8.

Our result and performance yesterday just shows the nature of this league. To go up until this point unbeaten at home and where they are in the table means Morton have been doing a lot of things right, but we deserved to beat them yesterday.

Scoring early had a lot to do with I think; it gave us a bit of confidence and something to hold on to. Gaston, who made some good saves particularly from McCabe, Clark and Moffat second half, has to accept responsibility there; what he's doing at the corner I've no idea. Absolute #scenes though for big Nat getting his first goal for us.

We restricted Morton's opportunities well; Shankland should've hit the target when put through first half and Murdoch's save second half from the header was outstanding. Other than that there was a lot of efforts from range and crosses into the box, but the back four were superb. Ashcroft and Morris continue to impress but special mention for Geggan; he's had stick at times but I thought he was immense.

We were a threat on the break and could have scored more goals in the second half. None the wiser as to why Morris' goal was disallowed; I was following the ball right enough but I didn't see an offence in there.

Not a failure in our team and that was brilliant victory and response from last week. Well pleased.

Was a bit disappointed with Morton, especially second half as I thought they'd react. Forbes wasn't quite at it but I liked the look of Nesbitt for them - I always felt he was their main threat.

Lets hope we build on this next week. Cracking day out in the Cappielow sunshine overall. Also, the 'Ton's pitch is immaculate.

Cheers Pars.

If we'd known it was going to help Falkirk out, we would have put in a 'final day at Ibrox in 2003' type performance.

Was behind the goal and never seen anything obvious why it was disallowed.

Pars deserved their win. We were poor and didn't create enough in final 3rd. They also looked dangerous on the break and Gats pulled off a couple of great saves.

No idea why you lot haven't won more games this season.

Shame that the last 3 goals that the pars have scored against us have been really bad mistakes from us.

Some fans were out of order in the abuse they dished out yesterday. The team had lost 2 of their last 20 games ffs so they are allowed an off day.

Hopefully we react the way we always have this season after a defeat and go on a run again, although it might need to start after Easter road on Wed.

Archived