Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

Can't really fault the effort, but we were totally powder puff upfront and lacked any creativity today. I can see why Duffy brought on Tidser but even then we didn't really create anything of note.

Gaston makes a mistake and we were punished for it and never really recovered from going a goal down.

Dunfermline go away with the 3 points so fair play to them.  

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed my afternoon sitting out in the sun in the Wee Dublin End.

Decent game between what I thought was two evenly matched teams. I assume Morton have been playing better than that and Dunfermline poorer?

Howler from the keeper for the goal but Dunfermline just about deserved the win in my view. Defended well when required and looked good on the counter. They might have made better use of the chances they got on the break though.

Morton missed a great chance at 0-0 and looked fairly limited in terms of creativity when chasing the game.

Would expect to see both sides in the Championship next season.

Cracking playing surface btw.

He's just rank rotten. 

He wasn't last season though. Banged them in for fun.

Couldn't get in a piss poor Saints team that struggled for goals, hasn't exactly done it for the Ton with Quitongo out injured.

Guaranteed to score against the Saints though

Shankland is a yard of pace off being a decent player. He works hard and has a decent touch but by the time he brings a ball under control there's always a defender tackling him as he has absolutely no acceleration. He's just not been good enough and our chance creation percentage must have dropped considerably since he was brought in to the team (not that we had anyone else to bring in). 

Deserved win for Dunfermline, looked definitely the strongest of the bottom six sides IMO.

We huffed and puffed and created some chances in the second half but never really looked like scoring. Dunfermline could have wrapped it up themselves. Shankland simply isn't good enough so we are toothless in open play. Gaston's error stopped us from shitfesting through a poor performance.

Until Quitongo returns we should go with Tidser off Oliver. Accommodates Tidser in the team without disturbing the Murdoch & Lindsay partnership and means we aren't wasting a place on a player who simply isn't good enough in Shankland or Oyenuga.

Until Quitongo returns we should go with Tidser off Oliver. Accommodates Tidser in the team without disturbing the Murdoch & Lindsay partnership and means we aren't wasting a place on a player who simply isn't good enough in Shankland or Oyenuga.

Or Nesbitt with Oliver in behind, which is preferable IMO. Tidser was poor as well when he came on today.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Looks like the league campaign will be yet another Duffy heroic failure. IMO.

Do you actually support Dundee or do you just float about Morton threads? 

Fair play to Dunfermline, better team today. We've done well given recent injuries but the lack of someone like Quitongo was particularly obvious today. Gaston selling the jerserys didn't really help either mind. 

Paul McMullan looks a player btw. Where was that for us or the skunks last season?  

Archived