Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

So the reply to my post should have read 'yes we have indeed tried to sneak an extra man on to the pitch before' I am over it. I just like reminding you of what a cheating disgrace of a football club you support.

'Mon the Morton 

How's Claude?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Think it is open to away supporters. Great place to watch football when it's sunny.

Cheers mate! I agree, I had the great pleasure of watching us win the league their in 2010/11. One of my favourite Pars supporting days in my 25 years. Don't think it'll be the same outcome tomorrow but will be there anyway. Looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, GiGi said:

You always find good value bets in lower league Scottish football. Bookmakers just don't seem to pay much attention to them. Our game at Ibrox had shorter odds on Caolan McAleer to score than half the starters that day and he'd already left the club by then.

My mate, who now works as a professional gambler, made £250,000 a few years ago now in the year that Stranraer and Stirling Albion ran away with the 3rd division. Everytime either one played away from home they were hovering around evens no matter who they were playing.

Cheers mate! I agree, I had the great pleasure of watching us win the league their in 2010/11. One of my favourite Pars supporting days in my 25 years. Don't think it'll be the same outcome tomorrow but will be there anyway. Looking forward to it.

Nahh a dont think youll win the league tomorrow either

2 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Ancient history we have long since regained our place as the best team in the kingdom.

How's Masterton? 

Masterton is probably rocking back and forward in a corner, babbling about how he thinks Lord Woolman fooked him over in his final attempt to destroy the Pars. 

As you can see, he failed. 

I am reasonably confident about this tomorrow. 

I am not. Both the references to our record and the parade of positive media stories this week points towards a 'shock' defeat. We are due to concede a goal and if we go behind 1-0 then we could struggle to break a team down. Hopefully Oliver will now be up to speed as he was pretty ineffectual last week IMO. That could prove the difference.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

A title comparable to winning "Miss Chernobyl 1987".

OK mate just because your club are having their greatest ever season there is no need to belittle our meager achievements. 

Think it was Nesbitt? Down the left who was causing us most problems at the game at EEP, that and set pieces.

Of course at the game at Cappielow it seemed everyone was causing us problems

1-0 Morton

8 hours ago, JFPar said:

Going through to this one tomorrow. Looks to be a nice day, will the terrace be open?

Tons Duty of Care advisor has suggested keeping it closed to avoid claims for getting sun burn.

Hope it is so we can get the ball back in play quickly when your hitting that way.

Anyway if in the main stand don't buy all the pies because its been a year since they were sold out before half time. and I do like my half time pie.

PS enjoy your day

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

I am not. Both the references to our record and the parade of positive media stories this week points towards a 'shock' defeat. We are due to concede a goal and if we go behind 1-0 then we could struggle to break a team down. Hopefully Oliver will now be up to speed as he was pretty ineffectual last week IMO. That could prove the difference.

I thought you were our football expert.

This is the best we can come back set of players in Ton colours I have watched in the past 25 years. You need to go back to Bobby Thomson's group to see such recovery strength.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

I am reasonably confident about this tomorrow. 

I was, and have backed the win at the seemingly generous odds. But (mainly for the reasons mentioned by VT ) my confidence has evaporated and  I fear we  are being set up for a bit of a struggle tomorrow. I don't underestimate the resilience of our team but I feel the omens are bad. The fact that I bet on us doesn't help matters :(

If we do happen to win, my confidence will have no bounds for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

This is the best we can come back set of players in Ton colours I have watched in the past 25 years. You need to go back to Bobby Thomson's group to see such recovery strength.

Yeah, there's a great feeling down our way, right now :whistle

I'm perfectly happy with the squad that we've got. But we can't win every game and had a huge off day and lost against Dunfermline last time we played them. Those games just happen to every side and there's no reason why it couldn't happen again tomorrow. We'll definitely lose one or two games between now and the end of the season.

The chief positive about this current side is that they haven't let those unexpected defeats or bad injuries to key players faze them: they just start again. This is not the time then to hype them up or demand higher standards - leave them be.

Archived