Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a similar situation to when the sides last met. Morton doing well, Pars spurning chances and throwing away points. I thought we'd win last time out against Morton as there generally comes a point every so often when Moffat or Clark actually convert their chances and we don't gift too many silly chances. 

13 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Punching above our weight? We'd be winning this league had we not lost our star player in Quitongo for half the season, not to mention our other main striker in Oliver. We don't have the luxury of the squad depth that Hibs and to a lesser extent Falkirk have and the rest of our competitors can count themselves lucky in that respect.

I thought the same as you but when you actually look at the results, we have only lost 1 game since the game he got injured on the 10th of Dec against the Pars.

We have did surprisingly well without him, winning 7, drawing 4 and losing just once, away to QOTS.

Just proves how good a job Duffy is doing as when we have key players out( Oliver, Quitongo, Lindsay,Doyle, Russell, Gats, Kilday, Tidser have all being out at some point this season) 

Not a loser at all. We've been without Peter Grant for the first half of the season. With him we wouldn't be conceding as many goals and be winning the league, obv.

You had him on Saturday and he let the very average oyenuga rag doll him.

I thought the same as you but when you actually look at the results, we have only lost 1 game since the game he got injured on the 10th of Dec against the Pars.
We have did surprisingly well without him, winning 7, drawing 4 and losing just once, away to QOTS.
Just proves how good a job Duffy is doing as when we have key players out( Oliver, Quitongo, Lindsay,Doyle, Russell, Gats, Kilday, Tidser have all being out at some point this season) 

Ah well bang goes that theory. Back in my box.

PS could you not have told me that by pm. [emoji23]

45 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Easy home win for the Toon and we'll gift Raith 3pts just so we can hear the rage. Relegation dogfight awaits the pars.:lol:

Who are 'the Toon'? Also we're already in a relegation fight.

3 hours ago, LargsTON said:

To be fair we brought in Murdoch and Lindsay since the Duffy out protests at Ayr and they've been the mainstays of our team. Not to mention the contributions of Gunning and Nesbitt.

Lindsay has been here from the start of the league programme and played in every game up to and including the Ayr loss.  Nesbit was signed in early August also.  I take your point re Murdoch and Gunning though.

Lindsay has been here from the start of the league programme and played in every game up to and including the Ayr loss.  Nesbit was signed in early August also.  I take your point re Murdoch and Gunning though.

I'm having a bad day the day. Cheers again, fellow backstabber [emoji23]

2 hours ago, madton said:

Ah but we woulda won 10, at least, and beat Sevco

Easy home win for the Toon and we'll gift Raith 3pts just so we can hear the rage. Relegation dogfight awaits the pars.:lol:

As opposed to an easy away win for Mortoon?

Is that the same Jim Duffy that was greeted with an almighty "AW NAW!" when his appointment was announced?

By the way can anyone account for Shandon? Just seen the shoes on the Westminster terrorist.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Not a loser at all. 

Oh, really? Nice to see you've got last Saturday out of your system so quickly.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

We've been without Peter Grant for the first half of the season. With him we wouldn't be conceding as many goals and be winning the league, obv.

As Madton pointed out, we've seen not just one but eight different players out for extended periods through injury this season and yet here we are level on points with your team but with two games in hand. Not bad for a team someone else on this thread says is  just "punching above its weight".

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Ok so I can believe that you have managed to get Forbes playing with more consistency and playing to his strengths, but there is absolutely no way you have got him working his arse off.

He does.

Archived