Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

A truly bizarre last comment there.  We've not been playing well yet we're keeping clean sheets and grinding out vital wins.  That allied to the fact he average age of our team is around 21 then that suggests a young hungry side with a winning mentality and a steely resolve.  I honestly believe if we win on Saturday then beat Hibs on Wednesday we'll go onto win the league.

If...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

In march 2011 Morton beat us in our only home defeat on the way to becoming champions(a result McIntyre noted as being the crucial moment in our league win). A match remembered for 3 defensive blunders, including keddie shielding the ball into his own net!

Time to return the favour

At least Morton are only spending cash they can afford though unlike you back then.

21 hours ago, Fungi said:

Morton slightly over evens on bet365, truly baffling. Watched the Falkirk game, Morton didn't look that great though probably played not to get beat first and foremost. 

Hope McMullan is back or we have no chance.

Will he be risked, especially given his under 21 call up?

1 hour ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

13/10 for a home win is phree money surely.

Where are you seeing that?

On 20/03/2017 at 08:28, DA Baracus said:

Got the fear big time for this one. Can see us taking a bit of a pumping.

Fortunately I won't be in attendance.

Morton will probably win but they won't give anyone a pumping.

22 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

My point exactly, the cliche "grinding out results" came to mind watching that borefest at TFS.

If we send through the real team that showed up for us at Easter road and a few weeks ago you're in for getting a bit ridden. Hopefully you'll have a go being at home needing the win, with eyes on that runners up spot, and you get ripped down the flank.

OR

We send the team that's been poor at home in last couple of fixtures where wrong options are taken and we have zero luck in front of goal and Morton grind another out.

Better teams than your lot have tried to give us as you say a ridden this season and failed so even if you play well bring it on.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You have had another 6 efforts to get promoted since then, I'm not sure why you would still be upset.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Nothing to do with us not going up. Scottish football should never forget the fact that dunfermline along with Dundee, livi, rangers, motherwell and hearts are cheats using money they never had to achieve titles etc that they would never have won otherwise.

Nothing to do with us not going up. Scottish football should never forget the fact that dunfermline along with Dundee, livi, rangers, motherwell and hearts are cheats using money they never had to achieve titles etc that they would never have won otherwise.

And what glorious days they were Neebur. I am just glad it all ended as I was sick of going to Hampden.

We'll probably lose tbh.

That woah is me nonsense maybe worked for Ayr fans last week. But what's needed here is strong resolve and our players to be reminded they're up against minnows who are punching high above their very light weight. Morton can be beaten at home, it's just no ones done it yet this season.

VicodinTon will no doubt have this in his archive, ready to get regurgitated should his Infamous Morton spawn another win.

I'm considering visiting Greenock for the first time in my life given my confidence in this result going our way. Don't know why I've never been, given that I've been to far flung places like Peterhead, Inverness and deepest darkest Cowdenbeath. What's your pricing for Saturday Adults/under 12s?

Might even put my bird up and get some footage like I did at TFS if the wind stays away. Not sure it'll look as good as the unfinished stadium in Grangemouth.

Archived