Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton slightly over evens on bet365, truly baffling. Watched the Falkirk game, Morton didn't look that great though probably played not to get beat first and foremost. 

Hope McMullan is back or we have no chance.

Was very impressed with you boys against Hibs and like others, I'm surprised to see you struggle so much this season with the squad you have.

We both need a win for different reasons and hopefully that leads to an open, entertaining game.

3-2 Morton. Nesbitt, Oliver and kilday.

After calling the last two games, correct score and scorer perfectly, I recommend ye all get to the bookies to get on Morton 2-0 (O'Ware and Shankland).

I will, however, be shitting it. An actual, genuine title challenge might be coming up and if we avoid this it's a full year unbeaten at home, so it's all set up for an epic banana skin and McDonut to gift Dunfermline another coupla goals.

I see a zero in the table that needs addressed.

Morton will not go the whole season at home undefeated. I predicted 0-1 last week. What I'm going to predict here will have you ROFLing...

Morton 1 - 4 Pars

I'm off to the bookies to get my money on Morris and Clark scoring after a Moff double. Morton will also miss a pen. That was controversially awarded.

I saw Morton beat Falkirk on Alba. They are not as good as their results. Time for them to get found out.

A team is only as good as their results.

The last few games Morton have really only been as good as they've had to be. There is still more to come when we actually start playing well again. A fit Gary Oliver in the team is a good omen for that.

5 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Morton will not go the whole season at home undefeated. I predicted 0-1 last week. What I'm going to predict here will have you ROFLing...

Morton 1 - 4 Pars

I'm off to the bookies to get my money on Morris and Clark scoring after a Moff double. Morton will also miss a pen. That was controversially awarded.

I saw Morton beat Falkirk on Alba. They are not as good as their results. Time for them to get found out.

Tbf we haven't been playing "well" for weeks. We're usually very hard to break down and take our chances when we get them. Much like Leicester last season. I think we turned up for a point last Saturday and were happy to be on the back foot for the 90 mins but got all 3 points. 

Tbf we haven't been playing "well" for weeks. We're usually very hard to break down and take our chances when we get them. Much like Leicester last season. I think we turned up for a point last Saturday and were happy to be on the back foot for the 90 mins but got all 3 points. 

My point exactly, the cliche "grinding out results" came to mind watching that borefest at TFS.

If we send through the real team that showed up for us at Easter road and a few weeks ago you're in for getting a bit ridden. Hopefully you'll have a go being at home needing the win, with eyes on that runners up spot, and you get ripped down the flank.

OR

We send the team that's been poor at home in last couple of fixtures where wrong options are taken and we have zero luck in front of goal and Morton grind another out.

Tricky game especially with us needing to avoid defeat to go a year unbeaten at home. Dunfermline are a good side but of we get the first goal I think we'll go on to win the game. 2-0 Morton forbes and Oliver. 

In march 2011 Morton beat us in our only home defeat on the way to becoming champions(a result McIntyre noted as being the crucial moment in our league win). A match remembered for 3 defensive blunders, including keddie shielding the ball into his own net!

Time to return the favour

19 hours ago, Scosha said:

What's gone wrong for the Pars this season? I fully expected you to be challenging for the play-offs. Even after a poor start you seemed to pick up a bit of form yet now you're level with Raith Rovers on points :unsure:

Our squad isn't very good. Not total shite but not good either. Same with our manager. I said before the season that we'll be anywhere between 5th and 8th and honestly, I'm still fairly confident about that. Every chance we could still be in serious trouble after this next run of games though.

16 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Apart from the one against Raith a few weeks ago.

An away game, sir. Reading is your friend.

Morton 1 - 4 Pars

Morton will do all that is needed to win,we are not up there without merit.2-0 to the ton.

10 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Morton 1 - 4 Pars

A truly bizarre last comment there.  We've not been playing well yet we're keeping clean sheets and grinding out vital wins.  That allied to the fact he average age of our team is around 21 then that suggests a young hungry side with a winning mentality and a steely resolve.  I honestly believe if we win on Saturday then beat Hibs on Wednesday we'll go onto win the league.

Archived