Champions-elect Morton vs The Distinctly Below Pars

The famous Greenock Morton, unbeaten at home under the stewardship of the always adored future Scotland boss Jim Duffy, host the Kings of Fife this Saturday. A home victory is certain as Morton head for the top flight, while Dunfermline will try to shuffle off with a narrow defeat to preserve our goal difference ahead of our battle against relegation.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clark and Moffat to be dropped for Reilly. Reilly to give an El Bak style masterclass in diddy team demolition featuring exotic volleys and audacious chips and our brief flirtation with relegation fears allayed. 

Avoid defeat here and that'll be a full calendar year unbeaten at home which is very impressive. With Hibs & Falkirk also playing each other it's a great chance to gain points on them.

Don't see there being any changes unless Doyle is fit. If Doyle does make it put Kilday back into centre back and drop either Lamie or Russell.

Another tough game for us. I'll take any kind of win here.

If you get the Dunfermline team from the 2-2 vs Hibs and 5-1 vs Dumbarton games then yes, you're in for a tough game. If, however, you're up against the Dunfermline team from our last 3 games, enjoy the 3 points.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

If you get the Dunfermline team from the 2-2 vs Hibs and 5-1 vs Dumbarton games then yes, you're in for a tough game. If, however, you're up against the Dunfermline team from our last 3 games, enjoy the 3 points.

What's gone wrong for the Pars this season? I fully expected you to be challenging for the play-offs. Even after a poor start you seemed to pick up a bit of form yet now you're level with Raith Rovers on points :unsure:

Quite nervous about this one, a really tricky game. Doyle coming back for us would be a huge boost, even though Kilday was very good there on Saturday I'd prefer him in the middle with Tam. 

2-1. O'Ware (Forbes assist, naturally), Shankland to finally find the net again. Moffat for Dunfermline. 

What's gone wrong for the Pars this season? I fully expected you to be challenging for the play-offs. Even after a poor start you seemed to pick up a bit of form yet now you're level with Raith Rovers on points :unsure:

We don't seem to be able to change things when a current system isn't working. Saturday there, for example, the first 5 minutes were great; we had Ayr on the back foot and they looked like the depleted squad they had to make do with, but when they decided to have a go and actually make a game of it, we looked completely disjointed and there was no 'plan B' to try and change things.

We are also hopeless after conceding the first goal. A quick glance at the fixtures and I make that 5 points from the 14 games in which we've conceded the first goal, all draws.

ETA: that's bollocks, we beat Dumbarton and St Mirren (both 4-3 at home) after conceding the first. :lol:

Morton were our bogey team for a few years. I'm hoping that after our win earlier in the season we might turn to be their bogey team. Sadly, I'd genuinely fancy our chances more against Hibs at ER than Morton, second in the form table and a superb home record.

Undecided if I'll head along but I reckon we'll lose 3-0 and the big red panic button will be out of order by being volleyed several times.

Was about to berate the OP for the cocky, Falkirk-esque thread title, then realised it wasn't one of us.

We ought to be fired up for this. After losing at EEP earlier in the season the players need no reminding of what can happen.

We aren't actually playing particularly well (at least until the second half of matches) and with the unbeaten home run standing at an ominous 364 days on Saturday, this definitely feels like a banana skin. If we cynically play for set-pieces then we should be able to huff and puff our way to a win though. 

2-1, Forbes, O'Ware.

Archived