Super Ayr vs Sons

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

The question is do we go with the same team as we played yesterday even if some of the injured players like Adams and McDaid are fit.

We were away from home yesterday and going to be up against it so that was quite a defensive line up. At home we need to take the game to Dumbarton so would like to see one of Moore/Harkins or McDaid brought in. If Adams is fit would also play him instead of Rose. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was possible, I'd go with:

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni Meggat Boyle 

McDaid Docherty Adams McGuffie

El Alagui Forrest

Subs: Hart, Rose, Crawford, Harkins, Gilmour, McKenzie, Moore

If Adams is still out, Rose in his place and McKenna on the bench.

Championship Tables

R Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts Form
1 St. Mirren 6 4 1 1 9 4 +5 13 WWLDWW
2 Falkirk 6 3 2 1 13 6 +7 11 WDDWWL
3 Greenock Morton 6 3 2 1 6 6 0 11 LWDDWW
4 Ayr 6 2 2 2 6 9 -3 8 DDLWLW
5 Dumbarton 6 1 4 1 13 13 0 7 DDDLWD
6 Hibernian 6 1 4 1 7 8 -1 7 DDDLWD
7 Queen of South 6 2 1 3 6 7 -1 7 WWLDLL
8 Raith Rovers 6 2 1 3 6 9 -3 7 DLLWLW
9 Dunfermline 6 1 3 2 8 7 +1 6 LDWDDL
10 Dundee United 6 1 1 4 7 10 -3 4 WLDLLL

2 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Can't figure out what result I want from this one :unsure:

Until the last few rounds of games I feel fans should always hope for draws in matches like this, obviously QOTS winning at the bottom 5 should be the result of choice for the other 4.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A draw surely? Keeps both teams within touching distance and doesn't let either team get a boost from winning such a crucial match.

Aye, an Ayr win on Saturday and we are 4 points clear of St Mirren and play midweek again before playing them so have the opportunity (as unlikely as it may be) of going 7 points clear of them.  Not sure what there is to be torn over. 

Its cos we only score at Somerset Park when we shoot towards our own fans so this doubles our chances.

Strong logic. Better be careful no one from Brabco is reading this, they might use it as an argument in favour of our new stadium.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, an Ayr win on Saturday and we are 4 points clear of St Mirren and play midweek again before playing them so have the opportunity (as unlikely as it may be) of going 7 points clear of them.  Not sure what there is to be torn over. 

A Dumbarton win would make us coming 8th less likely but make it easier to catch Ayr.. A draw would be Ayr another point ahead but keep us in touch with 8th.. an Ayr win and both Dumbarton and Ayr would be 4 ahead of us (unless Ayr get a result at Dundee U) and we play them both our next 2 games so 8th is still in our own hands.

ETA - I've seen Ayr and Dumbarton several times this season and IMO it's much more likely that Dumbarton are going to pick up enough points between now and the end of the season than Ayr. Maybe Ayr's win on Saturday will be a turning point for them but I hope it's more like a fluke result. There is going to be a lot more 6 pointers in the next 6 weeks, we can't say it's not exciting anyway!

Archived