Super Ayr vs Sons

17 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Ayr fans love a bit of drama eh?

It was a very poor challenge yes, but nowhere near as bad as Docherty's in the 2-2. I think people need to simmer down.

If he really was injured, he certainly recovered very quickly. Almost miraculous in fact. Strange that eh?

And if he really was injured, I can't say I'd be upset about it.

His response to the challenge was awful, and there was no 'limp' as he trudged off either, that was purely tactical. (Which is fair enough, in the circumstances to be totally fair).

And yet there was only one player that intended to and did connect with their boot and it wasn't Docherty. I think people need to open their eyes and minds when they're watching highlights. .

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Ayr fans love a bit of drama eh?

It was a very poor challenge yes, but nowhere near as bad as Docherty's in the 2-2. I think people need to simmer down.

If he really was injured, he certainly recovered very quickly. Almost miraculous in fact. Strange that eh?

And if he really was injured, I can't say I'd be upset about it.

His response to the challenge was awful, and there was no 'limp' as he trudged off either, that was purely tactical. (Which is fair enough, in the circumstances to be totally fair).

This type of mindset it's pretty scumish tbh.

I'll await your justification with great anticipation.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

This type of mindset it's pretty scumish tbh.

I'll await your justification with great anticipation.

I didn't even think it was worth highlighting it, we're obviously dealing with a moron.

4 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Again the drama.

I'm wouldn't wish it upon him, or any other player of course, but given his behaviour, hey ho.

And I presume you mean 'scummy'.

His behaviour after being on the end of a heavy challenge where his leg bends in a manner it shouldn't? :lol:

You're coming across here as a bit of a knob, I would just stop now.

His behaviour after being on the end of a heavy challenge where his leg bends in a manner it shouldn't? :lol:

You're coming across here as a bit of a knob, I would just stop now.

As in his almost miraculous recovery, accepting congratulations from teammates and knowing glances to the away support.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm ok thanks. Just voicing a feeling. It'd be very boring if we didn't. But I appreciate you're upset so, fair enough.

Dumbarton fans getting oh so precious over nothing.  You weren't gloating at all when Docherty got sent off a few weeks back.  And I still say the Dumbarton player knew exactly what he was doing when he "accidentally" fell on McDaid, an injury he still hasn't returned from.

Dumbarton fans getting oh so precious over nothing.  You weren't gloating at all when Docherty got sent off a few weeks back.  And I still say the Dumbarton player knew exactly what he was doing when he "accidentally" fell on McDaid, an injury he still hasn't returned from.

A wee bit of irony there suggesting we're precious I feel.

Gloating when an opposition player gets sent off is relatively the norm for football supporters is it not?

And if he Buchanan fell deliberately (something I highly doubt) then it's happened. But the referee didn't deem it punishable, so be it. Hardly in the same league as Docherty's challenge, (and Fleming's to be fair) falling on someone' is it?

As I say, I think he knew what he was doing.  Have spoken to other Ayr fans who think the same.  Ok, we're biased, but my gut reaction at the time was that thr Dumbarton player could have avoided falling on him so heavily.

I guess the difference is that we aren't:

a) whining like teenage girls.

b) posting daft pictures purporting to show I don't know what.

c) accusing a player who has just been booted 3 feet in the air of feigning injury

d) suggesting that we'd like to see a Dumbarton player suffer an actual injury.

As I say, I think he knew what he was doing.  Have spoken to other Ayr fans who think the same.  Ok, we're biased, but my gut reaction at the time was that thr Dumbarton player could have avoided falling on him so heavily.
 I guess the difference is that we aren't:
a) whining like teenage girls.
b) posting daft pictures purporting to show I don't know what.
c) accusing a player who has just been booted 3 feet in the air of feigning injury
d) suggesting that we'd like to see a Dumbarton player suffer an actual injury.

The incident of the fall doesn't stick in my memory, so I don't really have anything else to impart on it, given it's innocuous nature.

I'm not sure anyone has done any of the things you're alluding to to be honest. Bit of a minter there to be fair.

17 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Even better is the guy 5 from the left turning to show the red card to the fans watching from a tree.

Aye, Balatoni.....

The incident of the fall doesn't stick in my memory, so I don't really have anything else to impart on it, given it's innocuous nature.

I'm not sure anyone has done any of the things you're alluding to to be honest. Bit of a minter there to be fair.

I was only a few yards away from this incident and it looked deliberate to me. The Dumbarton player could easily have avoided falling on McDade but he decided in a cowardly way to fall on him subsequently injuring him.

I was only a few yards away from this incident and it looked deliberate to me. The Dumbarton player could easily have avoided falling on McDade but he decided in a cowardly way to fall on him subsequently injuring him.

Fair enough if you were closer to it than I was, I wouldn't dispute that and you have your opinion on it.

I can't claim to have seen it from close enough to make a detailed judgement, but I think it would be odd for someone to decide to fall on another player.

Archived