Super Ayr vs Sons

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I was referring to just flinging a picture on the internet and jumping to conclusions.

49 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Considering you're currently coming across as a raging embarrassment I would probably worry about yourself to be honest.

That's more like it! :thumsup2

He's a competitive, combatitive wee guy who if he was a bit better I'd love in our team.

I've no gripes about the foul and red card, but the ref should have booked him for the pull back on the half way line. If he'd done that then your Doc would have been sent off later on and not removed tactically.

He's a competitive, combatitive wee guy who if he was a bit better I'd love in our team.

I've no gripes about the foul and red card, but the ref should have booked him for the pull back on the half way line. If he'd done that then your Doc would have been sent off later on and not removed tactically.

Absolute nonsense

Removed tactically ? the tactic of removing the only ball winning midfielder in the team? The tactic of removing a player to allow the opposition to over-run the midfield? 

McCall has his moments but hes not that bad........or maybe you are trying to insinuate that your bumbling forward didn't injure him in his late, high tackle from behind despite video or photographic evidence.

He removed him because he felt the game was probably going to get to a point where having your ball winner in the midfield on a booking is a hefty risk.
Also he said last week that he is protecting him from injury. By playing him for 70-75 mins each week it will reduce the chance of him getting a knock and keeps him fresh for a difficult run in.

6 hours ago, sonsism said:

IMG_1490542542.661384.jpg

The minute silence for London was a rare laugh eh?

Prefered Balatoni no giving a f**k about racism myself #badcuntsfc

IMG_20170326_232342.jpg

Andy Stirling had a very quiet game. Obviously not wanting to upset his future employers. 

Almost Paul Cairney-esque when he deliberately missed the penalty in the shootout because he was so desperate to play for us.

It's only a matter of time...

11 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Almost Paul Cairney-esque when he deliberately missed the penalty in the shootout because he was so desperate to play for us.

It's only a matter of time...

Good honest lads. 

He removed him because he felt the game was probably going to get to a point where having your ball winner in the midfield on a booking is a hefty risk.
Also he said last week that he is protecting him from injury. By playing him for 70-75 mins each week it will reduce the chance of him getting a knock and keeps him fresh for a difficult run in.

Well said. From where I was sat you could tell McCall asks him if he's ok as he's being subbed. Your Doc shrugs it off so he seemed fit enough.

I didnt notice a huge difference in our play for him going off. Our best two chances cane from a corner and Stantons cross to Robbie T after Balatoni had fallen over.

Andy Stirling had a very quiet game. Obviously not wanting to upset his future employers. 

I thought Andy would have been more ambitious than that ffs. On his day he could play for a top end championship team; if he could be more consistent.

Frustrating to lose after being in the lead deservedly. I thought we shaded the first half and it was a real blow to lose one before half time. El Alagui was a thorn in our side today. But he was also lucky not to get bookings on 2 or 3 different occasions.
We missed Daniel Harvie badly today I felt. Nade was also missed but not as much as Harvie at LB. Sparky was okay but I just don't feel he is that good in the defense. The sooner we get him back to defensive midfield the better. Which would free Stanton to move forward in the formation.
As well as Lewis Vaughan done at the goal today, it was the only thing he did do all game. I'd be dropping him for the time being, mainly because Stanton just looks a much better option. Much more dangerous when we attack other teams.
As hard as Fleming's tackle was I wasn't that sure it was a sending off. Looking back I can understand it and that is fair enough, but could easily have been a booking too. Nowhere near as bad as the scissor that Docherty gave Stirling. Speaking of which, he was just being a little p@#*k with all the play acting and smirks toward the away fans and things.

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything you've said there. Spot on.

I can see why he's been sent off, but it was silly of Garry to make the challenge. When it's someone like Charleston you're leaving yourself open to a poor decision like that.

I just hope, really hope, that Thommo's horror miss doesn't come back to haunt us. He's been fantastic for us of late so he's due a bit of slack, but that was some miss and the complexion of what's to come would look very different had he managed to bury his chance.

Ayr fans love a bit of drama eh?

It was a very poor challenge yes, but nowhere near as bad as Docherty's in the 2-2. I think people need to simmer down.

If he really was injured, he certainly recovered very quickly. Almost miraculous in fact. Strange that eh?

And if he really was injured, I can't say I'd be upset about it.

His response to the challenge was awful, and there was no 'limp' as he trudged off either, that was purely tactical. (Which is fair enough, in the circumstances to be totally fair).

Archived