Super Ayr vs Sons

3 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Its cos we only score at Somerset Park when we shoot towards our own fans so this doubles our chances.

Ah, but this season Dumbarton are the league experts in scoring in front of opposition fans. 4-4 again then.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumbarton seem to be the only team we can score freely against.  9 goals in 3 games for us against them.  17 goals  in 25 games against the rest.  (That last is a truly horrendous statistic). We have, of course, lost 6 goals in those 3 games.  So 3-2 to Ayr then.  Or, since both teams will be desperate not to lose,  we'll get a  0-0 snore fest. with both teams playing a Levein 4-6-0 and both back fours spending the game hoofing the ball back and forth to each other.

Hopefully we do ourselves justice here, we're due 3 points against Ayr.

3-0 game at ours was a low point for me, we didnt turn up and Ayr and Forrest ran riot.

4-4 game on christmas eve we had to dig in and scrap for and matched ayr.

2-2 game we totally threw it away with ayr carrying out a 10 man rope-a-dope on us.

How has El Alagui been playing? He's not impressed me once in the games I've seen.

Did someone "talk" to Docherty to calm him down or is he still a bampot?

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

His brother Mark stuck the head on him at a family coming-together. 

Seems to be acceptable for some reason.

I just about got blown back home on my way to Uni this morning. Hopefully the wind keeps up til Saturday and Mark Docherty can just stand and ping in corners.

Saturday forecast a mild 11 degrees sunny and a home win [emoji5]

4 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Hopefully we do ourselves justice here, we're due 3 points against Ayr.

3-0 game at ours was a low point for me, we didnt turn up and Ayr and Forrest ran riot.

4-4 game on christmas eve we had to dig in and scrap for and matched ayr.

2-2 game we totally threw it away with ayr carrying out a 10 man rope-a-dope on us.

How has El Alagui been playing? He's not impressed me once in the games I've seen.

El Alagui in my opinion probably had one of his best games against Dunfermline at the weekend but was more impressive in terms of being able to hold the ball up instead of a goal-scoring threat.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

When you're looking forward to the game and some c**t shouts over to ye that Craig Charleston is the referee...

I'd like to see footage of the infamous 'ghost' penalty from a few years back just so I can get outraged all over again. It's an appointment everyone associated with this crunch match could do without.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

When you're looking forward to the game and some c**t shouts over to ye that Craig Charleston is the referee...

Image result for laughing then crying gif

Could be worse, it might have been Mat Northcroft again. Let's not forget Charleston also gave us the indirect free kick in the box for a "passback" in the Arbroath play off game at The Rock, which led directly to the winning goal. Without that and Shay's performance at Gayfield, the last five seasons might have been very different.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

Could be worse, it might have been Mat Northcroft again. Let's not forget Charleston also gave us the indirect free kick in the box for a "passback" in the Arbroath play off game at The Rock, which led directly to the winning goal. Without that and Shay's performance at Gayfield, the last five seasons might have been very different.

He's still a useless p***k.

Archived