Super Ayr vs Sons

The final match up between the part timers this season. Dumbarton yet to beat us but they were very unlucky last time not to get all 3 points.

Yesterday our escape plan was set in motion and a win here would be another massive step towards safety. However a defeat would see us right back to square one.

Going for a 2-1 Ayr win with Forrest and Farid to score.

Fleming

Devlin

Balatoni

Meggat

Boyle

McGuffie

Rose

Docherty

Crawford

Farid

Forrest

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would've preferred a better gap going into this game but we're playing well and scoring for fun (Pars game aside) so I'm hopeful we won't lose this. With Harvie unavailable it's just as well we have Docherty back, I expect he'll play at left back and McCrorie will keep his spot in midfield after his excellent display yesterday. Stanton has to come back in too, he's in great form and can grab a game by the baws.

3 points would be huge for either side, which probably means neither will take the chance and it'll be a score draw. A draw is better for us than it is for Ayr though.

Huge game this one, lose and I imagine we are done. With Docherty back though we can be far more confident.

Wasn't there yesterday so can't really comment, the only change I would possibly think about would be Moore for Farid. Did Forrest play wide or in behind Farid yesterday?

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Is McCrorie not away with Scotland too, Moonster? Pretty big blow after he put in such an impressive performance on Saturday.

Never actually thought of that. That would be a bit of a b*****d. Means Stanton sits a bit further back and Vaughan comes in, which isn't the worst actually. 

Never actually thought of that. That would be a bit of a b*****d. Means Stanton sits a bit further back and Vaughan comes in, which isn't the worst actually. 

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2902

Glad I hadn't made that up. In amongst the Swiss Sons and Aldo's performance yesterday I sort of glossed over McCrorie's performance. I thought he was probably our best outfield player, he's rapid and deceptively skillful too.

Typical that just as he finally gets a start he goes on to miss our biggest game of the season.

Stanton in alongside Carswell will do just fine though. Would probably stick with a front 4 of SeaGal, Berba, Stirling and the Prince ahead of them.

Archived