Rovers v QoS

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ooft. I'd be in the No camp after that. If it's supposed to be in midair it's too fast for me see. It definitely doesn't bounce behind the line though.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1490551203.285175.jpg

Nobody has at any point claimed it bounced behind the line. If its over the line then its after it hits the post and before Penska deflects it back out. Given that it hits the inside of the post is parried out by a keeper diving backwards from the line, bounces on the line and than away out it looks fairly clear its over the line at the point its "saved".

There is a absolutely nothing conclusive with that video.

Strange to see Dobbie gesture to the Rovers support given that nobody shouted anything towards him. That along with Robinsons antics was very strange.

There is a absolutely nothing conclusive with that video.
Strange to see Dobbie gesture to the Rovers support given that nobody shouted anything towards him. That along with Robinsons antics was very strange.

People were probably not shouting anything at that exact minute at Dobbie. Rovers fans were, however, screaming insults at Dobbie and Lyle the whole first half, and Robinson, the whole second half.

Fair enough, doesn't explain the play acting by Robinson with Mcmanus though.
Anyway, we didn't deserve to win and we really need to pull at least one away win out the bag.

McManus ran towards Robinson in order to try and prevent him from releasing it quickly. Robinson just tried to shake him off if I remember rightly. Haven't seen the highlights though so not 100% sure. That's just what I remember from the time.

24 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

McManus ran towards Robinson in order to try and prevent him from releasing it quickly. Robinson just tried to shake him off if I remember rightly. Haven't seen the highlights though so not 100% sure. That's just what I remember from the time.

Im sure Robinson tried to clutch his head or insinuate Mcmanus had hit him. Could be wrong though.

Robinson crumpled to the deck clutching the side of his head.

The third picture there is the best evidence I've seen so far.... a big split second call from the ref when you consider the number of different opinions on here and the various videos, stills and images we've looked at.

Nothing conclusive at all about the goal re: the whole ball being over the line. Didn't think it was in at the time and still don't. If we go down by a point then... well, we can blame the fact we couldn't win a fucking game of football for 4 months. Simple as.

Dreadful game and apart from the fact Hardie's getting a few goals, there's very little to suggest we'll be safe. We had one good, one-touch passing move down the left when B.Barr came on but that was it. What are they working on during the week?

Matthews did well at breaking up attacks and C.Barr was good too. But I'm not a fan of the shape to the team (bemused by Bene continually being played at LB) and subs didn't improve matters. Beggars belief that Skacel has never got the ball 30 yards from goal and had a pop in all the games I've seen him play for us. It was his trademark and there's never been a hint of it. Meh.

Anyone claiming they're certain one way or the other on that goal is having a laugh, if going on the footage above. It's impossible to tell. One thing to add - whether he was right or wrong to award the goal, that's an absolutely ridiculous decision from the linesman, because there's no way you can give a goal there unless you're looking right along the line. From the third camera angle, you can see that he isn't (obviously he couldn't be, given what it came from) and there's no way from his position that he can be certain it's crossed. The draw wasn't a bad result from my perspective, but if that went against my team I'd be raging.

Also, not a penalty in my opinion.

The ball bounces on the line and its next bounce is two feet inside the pitch. That is its trajectory. It must have come from over the line and therefore be a goal unless there is a miniscule black hole on the southern goal line at Starks Park bending gravity - and the ball - around it.

I agree the video is inconclusive though.

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

The ball bounces on the line and its next bounce is two feet inside the pitch. That is its trajectory. It must have come from over the line and therefore be a goal unless there is a miniscule black hole on the southern goal line at Starks Park bending gravity - and the ball - around it.

I agree the video is inconclusive though.

How many lines have you had?

12 hours ago, rw89 said:

That's quite conclusive for me. There's no danger that's a goal. If it was the other way around, Queens fans would be livid. That's the breaks, and another bizarre moment to add to our season. 

Agree with this.

Could not help but think, on Saturday, of the miserable night back in October when we beat Queen's at Starks with a goal in the last couple of minutes in spite, in my opinion, of Queen's having the better of us. Them's the breaks!

I thought the Referee was poor on Saturday, he only added to a poor game of football.

Some of his decisions were baffling, for both sides.

Lee Robinson should have been booked for his pantomime piece when McManus patted him on the head and LR went down as if he'd been shot with an elephant gun.

Archived