Rovers v QoS

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Those of you who are saying that's a goal - at what point does the ball cross the line? It can't have ben between hitting the post and the ball bouncing

Why cant it have been? I think thats exactly what it does. It goes in off the post then the keeper parries it back twards the line. It would be good to have something in line though.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hits the keepers hands? What? 

It hits the post, hits the keeper on his right arm and then bounces back towards the line I think. I may be wrong but I was sure at the time the keeper made contact with the ball. Do you think it goes past him untouched?

Regardless of where our wall was or if our keeper was ready..what a strike. Don't think it was in mind you, mibee half the ball.

As for pen, don't class it as a stonewaller but certainly see them given and don't think Queens would have too many complaints had it been awarded.

Won't know for a few weeks how important, if at all, a point this is. 

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Those of you who are saying that's a goal - at what point does the ball cross the line? It can't have ben between hitting the post and the ball bouncing, and then it lands on the line, and then it can't have been between bouncing and then coming back out, because it came back out...?

For me, the only time it might be in, is when it bounces down towards the goal line.

I think it does go inwards slightly and then obviously bounces out the way.  I don't think it gets over the line though.

There are loads of instances of goals like that when it's hit the underside of the bar.  There was even a Raith goal like that at Palmerston about a dozen years ago.  I'm struggling to think of ones like it off the inside of the post though.

19 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

No goal and no penalty.

Still no excuse for that awful performance though.

Agree with that. The goal is tight but as SD says we would need an in line view to be sure,

For those of you saying the ref gives it not his assistant, he definitely looks across to the lino before giving the goal (13 secs in)

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It hits the post, hits the keeper on his right arm and then bounces back towards the line I think. I may be wrong but I was sure at the time the keeper made contact with the ball. Do you think it goes past him untouched?

We are happy with that.

At my age sight isn't,t too good but anyone that thinks that's over the line should be investing in a Labrador dog.

With Hank,hits the keepers hand?keeper never touched it

Difficult to tell at that angle, it's helluva close.

However if this wasn't over the line for QOS a couple of weeks ago, not sure how they could claim it.f190aa99015be403884fa7698d4794e7.jpg

Well then, the goal is a bit inconclusive. but for me I'd say that's a clear penalty. There's no intention of doing anything other than stopping Callachan there. 

Looks like the ball is on the line rather than over the line.

Looks like a penalty too.

Bit of a disaster really.

I think thats over the line before it hits the keepers hands and goes back into play via a bounce near the line. 

I thought at the time it hit the keepers hand then tbe post and bounced along the line but its the other way round.

To be honest, that was my perception (your first paragraph) from my viewpoint in the Main Stand.

It doesn't go over the line when it comes back down, but I thought it was in at the time.

Oh and regarding the ref, I thought the booking for Thomson was very harsh. It wasn't a dangerous tackle.

Those of you who are saying that's a goal - at what point does the ball cross the line? It can't have ben between hitting the post and the ball bouncing, and then it lands on the line, and then it can't have been between bouncing and then coming back out, because it came back out...?

Looks like it may have crossed the line when the 'keeper initially saves it. He does look slightly back in the net. Still inconclusive, but you could make a case for it in the slow motion replay.

The linesman who was in line didn't give it as it never crossed the line. The ref who couldn't have seen either way as it was over quickly, was the one to give it. Poor refereeing to not side with his linesman when he couldn't have been sure one way or the other.

The point in the second half where he gave Queens a free kick then shrugged his shoulders, stuck his hand up like he was apologising for the decision to then award us a drop ball, was one of the weirdest things I've seen from a professional ref at this level.

The one in the second half wasn't weird. The queens player went down holding his head so he had to stop play. He was pointing to his head and shrugging his shoulders as to say 'what choice do I have? It's a head knock.'

Waint there but from that clip looks like he got both decisions badly wrong no way at and point can the whole ball be over the line and for me that is a clear penalty

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

To be honest, that was my perception (your first paragraph) from my viewpoint in the Main Stand.

It doesn't go over the line when it comes back down, but I thought it was in at the time.

Oh and regarding the ref, I thought the booking for Thomson was very harsh. It wasn't a dangerous tackle.

Yes. From the main stand at tbe time I was never in any doubt the keeper had stopped tbe ball hitting the back of the net. Its never further over than when he touches it. I think all those saying its clearly no goal are missing that it hits him between hitting the post and bouncing down on the line. You probably had to be in the Main Stand to appreciate that though. We will have had a Go Pro camera behind the net. Hopefully it shows it though not being in line it may not.

As for Thomson we will have to disagree. Whilst he did take the ball cleanly I thought it was a dangerius out of control challenge that could even have been more than yellow.

For me, the only time it might be in, is when it bounces down towards the goal line.
I think it does go inwards slightly and then obviously bounces out the way.  I don't think it gets over the line though.
There are loads of instances of goals like that when it's hit the underside of the bar.  There was even a Raith goal like that at Palmerston about a dozen years ago.  I'm struggling to think of ones like it off the inside of the post though.

I remember that. John Sutton I think it was who 'scored' that day. Revenge is a dish best served cold, right enough.

16 minutes ago, Cannon Fodder said:

I remember that. John Sutton I think it was who 'scored' that day. Revenge is a dish best served cold, right enough.

To be fair, I think you can remove the quotes from 'scored'.  A photo at the time that got sent into 'Football First' established pretty conclusively that it had crossed the line.

Right now, we still await similar evidence from yesterday.

Archived