Rovers v QoS

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was officious and whistle happy but, subject to seeing our goal again (but those in line were happy enough it was in) I dont think he got much actually wrong.

The linesman who was in line didn't give it as it never crossed the line. The ref who couldn't have seen either way as it was over quickly, was the one to give it. Poor refereeing to not side with his linesman when he couldn't have been sure one way or the other.

The point in the second half where he gave Queens a free kick then shrugged his shoulders, stuck his hand up like he was apologising for the decision to then award us a drop ball, was one of the weirdest things I've seen from a professional ref at this level.

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The linesman who was in line didn't give it as it never crossed the line. The ref who couldn't have seen either way as it was over quickly, was the one to give it. Poor refereeing to not side with his linesman when he couldn't have been sure one way or the other.

It's only poor refereeing if the ball didn't cross the line.

If he got it right, it would be bonkers to say he was wrong in getting there.

Just seen both 'decisions' by the ref on raith rovers unofficial Facebook page. (The 'goal' and the pen incident) both are atrocious decisions going by the video. It looks to me as the ball never crossed the line and the pen incident the queens boy gets nowhere near the ball. These decisions may have huge implications on us! Especially with two tricky away games and only 6 points between us and bottom! Baffled by the level of incompetent referees and linesman that we constantly get!

Looks close from this photo from the club twitter but more importantly that is unbelievable photography skills on display there.

C7xiOeJXwAAw5hA.jpg

From where I was sitting behind the goals. It was obvious before the free kick was taken that the wall was nowhere like covering the near post. If the ball went over the line it must have been clawed out from behind the goal. The ball bounce about a yard from the goal line inside the six yard box and not over the line.

That was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen and believe me there have been no shortage of other candidates.

It is little consolation but Raith were every bit as bad as we were.

The football that our team is serving up now is absolutely horrendous - players just sending the ball long with no guile and our passing is woeful.

We talked about wingers earlier in week - Raith actually had a centre half playing left back so surely an opportunity to try and exploit this but we had Mercer playing as a wingback giving Benedictus one of his easiest games this season.We talk about match analysts and trusted lieutenants watching the opposition but you have to wonder exactly what is reported back.

Those of you who are saying that's a goal - at what point does the ball cross the line? It can't have ben between hitting the post and the ball bouncing, and then it lands on the line, and then it can't have been between bouncing and then coming back out, because it came back out...?

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think thats over the line before it hits the keepers hands and goes back into play via a bounce near the line. 

I thought at the time it hit the keepers hand then tbe post and bounced along the line but its the other way round.

Hits the keepers hands? What? 

Archived