Rovers v QoS

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some atrocious football on show from us today. Absolutely horrendous.

Yet again we have been completely unable to build on a decent result. Didn't come close to winning that today.

Devent pen shout I think. Would have been soft, but the ref had been giving fouls like that all over the pitch.

Still, absolutely devoid of any quality there and our run of fixtures is quite scary.

Fucking awful. Queens sat in and took the draw, when we humped the ball as high as possible and brought on Skacel and Roberts. We lost any direction other than when the ball came to Bobby Barr. There was only one shot on target in the second half for us when Craig Barr went close. A huge opportunity missed for us to build further momentum. We've now got Falkirk, Dunfermline away before Morton at home. If we play like that again we'll get smashed by any of them.

Also, special mention for the referee who looked out of his depth. Callachan got body checked in the box and it's play on. Awful for both sides.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That second half was an abomination.

It was better than the first half, notwithstanding the goals. Terrible game of football. Draw was fair.

ETA - I thought Rankin was our best player today. Big improvement from him.

19 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

FT 1-1. Not the worst result given recent form.

The value of that result to us, is really that Raith didn't get three points.

With Ayr and Dunfermline winning, I was thinking that we were in terrible trouble if Rovers got a winner.  Mercifully, that didn't happen, but we're a long way still from getting out of the woods.

That controversial Dobbie goal might wind up being massive for us.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

The value of that result to us, is really that Raith didn't get three points.

With Ayr and Dunfermline winning, I was thinking that we were in terrible trouble if Rovers got a winner.  Mercifully, that didn't happen, but we're a long way still from getting out of the woods.

That controversial Dobbie goal might wind up being massive for us.

Agreed. 

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was better than the first half, notwithstanding the goals. Terrible game of football. Draw was fair.

What worry's me is that we set up not to lose.We won,t win many games set up like that.

How did the new signing play ?

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I thought it was an entertaining game which we just edged. I wouldn't be so hard on Dumbarton as that's the best I've seen them against us and could've got a draw. The ref had a good game btw.

You must have REALLY good eyesight!! To see the Ayr match from Kirkcaldy is applaudible :)

20 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

What worry's me is that we set up not to lose.We won,t win many games set up like that.

How did the new signing play ?

You were either there or you werent. If you were then you know how he played. If you werent then how do you know we set up not to lose? I didnt think we did. He put Thomas on for Mercer in a positive attempt to win it.

That ref is an abomination. Fair result over what was a truly awful game of football.

What was Robinson doing hitting the deck when mcmanus pated his head? Really quite pathetic from him. Iv never had a bad word to say about him till he done that.

Archived