Arbroath v Montrose

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be great if it wasn't there'd be no trouble whatsoever, however I think the polis will decide that it is. Everyone's seen the extensive OTT policing the last few seasons. I was told that stewards had been made to go to a Dundee v Dundee United game or something like that as training for our game a wee while back. :lol:

Think it's treated as a high category game, polis horses and everything in the past. All rather ridiculous but to be fair if it's segregated I'm sure nobody will complain it's just the way it's been for years and I think everyone accepts that.

Would like to see a wee alteration made to the segregation by the club if it was financially viable in the future. A repeat of the league winning game segregation would be great.

Club needing volunteers for the pitch I see, hopefully get a decent turn out and get the covers down so there's no doubt about it going ahead Saturday. Won't make it tonight but hope there'll be a decent turn out.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

:lol:emoji1376.png

Laugh all you want, the board member at the Iain Campbell Q&A earlier in the season alluded to this incident and the extra paperwork the incident resulted in (I believe one of the people were put out) would mean that the they would always err on the side of caution from now on.

Laugh all you want, the board member at the Iain Campbell Q&A earlier in the season alluded to this incident and the extra paperwork the incident resulted in (I believe one of the people were put out) would mean that the they would always err on the side of caution from now on.

Funnily enough the following home game against Forfar wasn't segregated...

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Funnily enough the following home game against Forfar wasn't segregated...

The rule of thumb is generally whether they expect 1000 through the gate and after the low turnout of the first game (particularly as it was our first competitive meeting for over 2 years) where the disgraceful incident happened, they probably estimated it to be below that.

The actions of those fans will however mean that we will never have an unsegregated game against Montrose ever and Forfar games will always be touch and go. Sad times, particularly as the fans involved were probably just pissed idiots that don't go to many games anyway.

Segregation is like the gun ban. It only works when everyone follows the rule of law.
However, when people break those rules, lives are at risk, like those Forfar fans that fateful day.

Never feared for my life more than that day. I think 1320 was the amount of pints the guy had beforehand ;)

Archived