Arbroath v Montrose

Big game at Gayfield Park next week that I'm sure everyone is looking forward to. Montrose are pretty much safe and seem to be too far away from the play offs whilst we are just a single point off Forfar, who play an in form Stirling at Station Park.

3 points here could send us to the top come 5pm with just 6 games left.

Games against Montrose have been tough so far, a 1-1 draw early on in the season at Links followed by a bore draw at Gayfield in January and a 3-1 victory for Arbroath only a few weeks ago.

After today it would be hard to change too much if anything. Scott was poor today, probably the only poor performer however he scored that all important goal to clinch the game and take his place as our top scorer. So although he's had a couple of bad games he's still a hugely important player for us so I'd keep him in.

4-3-3 again.

Gomes

Gold

Little

Hamilton

Hodge

Whatley

Malin

McCord

Linn

Scott

Doris

Kind of game Bobby and Stevie usually step up. Can't see Montrose winning to be honest but it'll be tough to take 3 points I'm sure. Hopefully we can start being more clinical in our home games, really could've dished out a good few pumpings at Gayfield but too often we pass up too many good chances.

Really looking forward to this, good bevy and a big game to look forward to, great at this time of the season.

More of this please Arbroath...

IMG_1489898354.300194.jpg

IMG_1489898381.048033.jpg

IMG_1489898395.879165.jpg

Come oannn.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All big games now on in for Arbroath,never easy against Montrose and Petrie has them well organised.Hope we can bring our incredible away form to Gayfield for the rest of the season.Going to be a nervy and exciting last few games...C'mon the lichties.

The SPFL / Flashscores / BBC all use ( I think) the Associated Press who have a guy at every game who records or calls in what happens.  At Gayfield he normally sits just at the side of the tunnel.  

There are often yellow cards that are missed.   The last game at Gayfield they missed a Clyde one too.

Doris only has 2 yellow cards for the season.  

Best pub to drink at??

Fishies [emoji6]

If you're going by train may aswell just go down the West Port, avoid the millgate. Station/West Port Bar id say.

Strange that Mo don't really have a designated pub they go to when they come through.

Dunno if it's just cause it's usually a poor away support or what but before games at Links The Market and The Star are usually full of Arbroath.

ETA: Tutties across the road too mind but no music or football. Good pre match I suppose.

Archived