The Relegation Battle

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QoS (unlikely I know) and St Mirren to go down for me, nothing personal, don't mind either club just being selfish as I can't make most of the longer trips anymore due to having young family and missus that works Saturdays. Choosing these two as at least with the two part time sides in division it makes it less likely (on paper) for Raith to be relegated.

Would be pretty funny mind you seeing St Mirren slum it down there after being a premier league side a couple of year ago!

Hamilton have a few good posters on here but they'd likely beat us, it's a terrible away day and we wouldn't even make money out of the home games. Livingston is exactly the same, minus the "few good posters" line.

I quite like the Championship the way it is at the moment. Wish we all had a better standard of players and fuller grounds but it's a good wee league.

6 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I wonder if there is a team that will daydream into the playoffs like Hibs did when they went down. That season they were a bit of a shambles but they entered the last 5 fixtures with 3 points doing the job. They however had been coasting whilst others were fighting and never raised it to get the job done. I can't see the Pars or Queens being caught out the same to be honest, but you never know. 

It's that Hibs scenario that worries me.

We'd have to plummet through several sides to go down, but unless we can manage a win somewhere, it's realistic.  The facts that we've just taken one point from twelve and have already this season managed to go winless for three months, do not provide confidence.

The beginning of the end for St Mirren this afternoon, perhaps?

That could be a big blow to confidence having put so much in.

Good news for the rest of us, right enough.

The beginning of the end for St Mirren this afternoon, perhaps?

That could be a big blow to confidence having put so much in.

Good news for the rest of us, right enough.

Wouldn't have thought so. More depends on how results pan out today.

Raith winning already isn't a good start.

And now Dunfermline take the lead v Morton [emoji20]

Our focus has always been on 9th but looking at the table if we win our game in hand we are 5 behind Queens, it's crazy.

Teams are going to slit each other's throats, just hope Ayr don't slit Dumbartons.

As i type 1-0 Sons!

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Our focus has always been on 9th but looking at the table if we win our game in hand we are 5 behind Queens, it's crazy.

Teams are going to slit each other's throats, just hope Ayr don't slit Dumbartons.

As i type 1-0 Sons!

Type lots more please ;)

We had to win today.

I know that there are still games to play but I always believed that we needed to win today to make up for the points we dropped when Ayr stole a draw in the last 2 minutes of their game at the Rock. That loss puts us level with Ayr on 31 points.

St Mirren and Queen of the South away are must win games.

I also think we'll need to take something from our home games against Morton or Dunfermline. The games v Dundee United away and Falkirk at home are 2 terrible games to end the season with.

We'll keep going, but I'm not at all confident.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Ayr have stepped up to the mark the last few weeks.

Our next 2 games at home to Ayr and Dumbarton are make or break.

You can afford to lose the Ayr game. It increases the pressure but if you go on to beat us and come back to within a point then losing to Ayr wouldn't be terminal.

Depending on how we do against Morton, it's not inconceivable that you'll be looking to beat us to draw level.

Archived