Jump to content

Recommended Posts

rb123!    41
3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

 


Ayr fans like this post a lot.

 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vikingTON    7,658

Saint Mirren to be relegated on goal difference on the final day, as Hibs deliver a shoeing - in vain - to try and prevent Morton from clinching the title.

1489951165256.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buddie06smfc    737

Hopefully Dumbarton.

We are still in a precarious position. Our next 2 league games will pretty much decide our fate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rovers_Lad    189
8 hours ago, christinanade said:

At this stage I think raith are looking likely to finish bottom, assuming ayr, dumbarton and st mirren continue to pick up points. Ayr away to dundee utd could be a biggie, especially considering how pish utd are at present.

At this stage St Mirren are looking likely to finish  bottom,assuming Ayr,dumbarton and Raith continue to pick up points :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rw89    2,018
1 St Mirren 6 4 1 1 9 4 +5 13 17%
2 Falkirk 6 3 2 1 13 6 +7 11 67%
3 Morton 6 3 2 1 6 6 0 11 33%
4 Ayr Utd 6 2 2 2 6 9 -3 8 33%
5 Dumbarton 6 1 4 1 13 13 0 7 100%
6 Hibernian 6 1 4 1 7 8 -1 7 33%
7 Queen of South 6 2 1 3 6 7 -1 7 33%
8 Raith Rovers 6 2 1 3 6 9 -3 7 50%
9 Dunfermline 6 1 3 2 8 7 +1 6 33%
10 Dundee Utd 6 1 1 4 7 10 -3 4 6

Form table for the last 6 games. From a Rovers perspective, we've got a couple of wins under our belt which is huge in trying to rid ourselves of the mindset from the form we had earlier in the season. Aside from the Dumbarton game where the team had a horror show, Penksa looks assured compared to Brennan. Also, one of those games we did play a striker in goals too. A win against Queens would be go a long way to helping us stabilise, especially with Ayr and Dumbarton facing off and the Pars facing a difficult trip to Cappielow. If that situation does come to pass, it'll be panic stations in Dumfries and Dunfermline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit more confident of staying up after Saturday's performance.

Battled for everything and even played some decent football. Could have scored a few more too.

QotS on Saturday is huge. Cannae wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've failed to win in 11 of our 14 away league matches this season. Morton haven't lost any of their 13 home games. We are going to lose on Saturday for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boghead ranter    2,206
32 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We've failed to win in 11 of our 14 away league matches this season. Morton haven't lost any of their 13 home games. We are going to lose on Saturday for sure.

A draw preserves both of those stats ;) Think positive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
da_no_1    130
7 hours ago, rw89 said:
1 St Mirren 6 4 1 1 9 4 +5 13 17%
2 Falkirk 6 3 2 1 13 6 +7 11 67%
3 Morton 6 3 2 1 6 6 0 11 33%
4 Ayr Utd 6 2 2 2 6 9 -3 8 33%
5 Dumbarton 6 1 4 1 13 13 0 7 100%
6 Hibernian 6 1 4 1 7 8 -1 7 33%
7 Queen of South 6 2 1 3 6 7 -1 7 33%
8 Raith Rovers 6 2 1 3 6 9 -3 7 50%
9 Dunfermline 6 1 3 2 8 7 +1 6 33%
10 Dundee Utd 6 1 1 4 7 10 -3 4 6

Form table for the last 6 games. From a Rovers perspective, we've got a couple of wins under our belt which is huge in trying to rid ourselves of the mindset from the form we had earlier in the season. Aside from the Dumbarton game where the team had a horror show, Penksa looks assured compared to Brennan. Also, one of those games we did play a striker in goals too. A win against Queens would be go a long way to helping us stabilise, especially with Ayr and Dumbarton facing off and the Pars facing a difficult trip to Cappielow. If that situation does come to pass, it'll be panic stations in Dumfries and Dunfermline.

All that table shows is that everyone is taking points off each other. We had our horror show on Saturday (still should've won IMO) but have been picking up points on a regular basis. The difference is that the teams below us like yourselves have suddenly decided to give a f**k.

If you beat Queens on Saturday I fail to see how them (and us) would suddenly hit the panic button. If you think that would make you safe then you've clearly not been looking at results over the past few weeks.

This is going down to the last game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coventry Saint    2,211
10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

All that table shows is that everyone is taking points off each other.

This is going down to the last game.

Yeah, precisely. From your point of view, a point per game is comfortably survival form, especially with the points advantage you already hold. Being second bottom of the form table is only bad if there's a huge spread of points.

Plus, we've had a good spell, but there have to be question marks over whether we can maintain it. Beating Hibs and DUFC at home is one thing, but playing them away is another altogether. I also look at Falkirk, despite their loss on Saturday, as a side we're unlikely to beat.

I think we need four wins from seven games to be safe. Despite that form table, I just can't see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDust    353
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

What have we done to upset you?

I still find it astounding that Dumbarton haven't had back to back wins all season and aren't bottom.

Tho your performance against us recently was one of the best away performances I've seen at the TFS this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monkey Tennis    5,623
47 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

If you beat Queens on Saturday I fail to see how them (and us) would suddenly hit the panic button. If you think that would make you safe then you've clearly not been looking at results over the past few weeks.

This is going down to the last game.

Given what it would confirm about our form, I think that it would be an excellent idea for us to have a good panic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D.A.F.C    1,643

This league is weird we could quite easily lose the next or win the next three. A point a game is enough for us but worry that we don't have enough battle or quality to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Moonster    3,602
22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I still find it astounding that Dumbarton haven't had back to back wins all season and aren't bottom.

Tho your performance against us recently was one of the best away performances I've seen at the TFS this season.

It's been a strange old season.  Last year we could barely buy a goal away from home, never mind a win, and this year we've scored in 86% of our away matches and scored more than anyone else on the road. We've drawn too many games (2-2 usually) at home this year which has stopped us from climbing the table.  I think not beating the Pars, St Mirren and Ayr at home were all massive chances missed and we'd be nearly safe if we'd converted those to wins. But we're 8th and it's still in our hands, we'd have taken that at the start of the season with 7 games left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
irvine_buddie    426

I'm worried that we have won our last 2 league games and the next one is the most important, Ayr at home. We haven't won 3 league games in a row since 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
da_no_1    130
18 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:


That's his prediction. He predicts you'll be fifth. He's also predicting us to finish 8th, not bottom.

Sorry, I was quoting another poster earlier in the thread. I'd be astounded but delighted if we finished 5th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×