The Relegation Battle

You also said "nothing's changed" directly after that.

so were were talking absolute nonsense and you are a drivelling fanny, as i said?

Yip and I also stand by my you're a complete spunk bucket so nothings changed on both statements

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

If St.Mirren are losing to probably the worst DU side since the 1970's twice in a month why should anyone think they will go to ER and win on the day Hibs get the Championship trophy. I can only see them being in the play off now which FWIW they will scoosh.

Don't think there's a patent on patronising idiots tbh.

Doesn't surprise me that you seem to be coming across a lot of people who do that to you though.

Look "champ" you've came on here acting the idiot. For some strange reason you can't accept that many saints fans would still take 9th happily. then follow the usual champ, drivelling patter. Do us all a favour and go play tig with the buses.

Look "champ" you've came on here acting the idiot. For some strange reason you can't accept that many saints fans would still take 9th happily. then follow the usual champ, drivelling patter. Do us all a favour and go play tig with the buses.

So you're happy with 9th again now? sensational stuff.

24 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

So you're happy with 9th again now? sensational stuff.

I'm happy that regardless of where we finish, our fate is in our own hands. If we drop back to 9th on Saturday, I'll be disappointed but looking at the bigger picture and how far out of it we were, I'd be happy that we recovered significantly and rescued our season.

It's got to the point where if we were to somehow avoid a play off on Saturday, I'd be genuinely embarrassed. We deserve to go down, no matter what the final league placings suggest.

Mon the hibees though.

9 hours ago, Lex said:

Wouldn't have to win 9-0, they just need a 9 goal swing. Raith could win 4-0 and will finish 8th if Dumbarton lose 5-0. Not going to happen though.

I do expect Raith to win however so I think we will finish 9th if we lose at Easter Road. Whether we do or not... Who can say. A lot of it will come down to how Hibs approach the game.

I think it's actually a 10 goal swing that's required for Raith to catch us as we've scored 13 more than them. So, Sons 0 Falkirk 5 and Raith 5 Ayr 0 would do it. Unlikely, maybe yes, but by no means impossible. As Sons were bit-part players in the final round of Championship games in season 2013/14, is that any less likely than Accies 10 Morton 2? I'm sure Dundee fans will tell you that but for a world class save by Kyle Letheren from a Bryan Prunty header in the last minute, that game would have ended 2-2, thereby completing the other half of the equation and Accies would have been Champions.

The Messiah having a bit of a 'mare here eh.

We're still not mathematically there yet so I'm positive we'll go into our game to try and win.

Results elsewhere might dictate that we don't need to, but I'd rather not leave it to chance when there is a chance of a nine goal swing landing us in the play-offs.

How Hibs approach the game with St. Mirren will have a huge bearing on what the end result of this epic relegation battle is.

Not buying any St Mirren fan being happy/content with 9th at this stage. You have one game left and only need to not get beat to avoid the play-off. Losing to Hibs is no embarrassment but it would be a big disappointment to have to go through the play-offs at this stage. You only need one bad performance in them and you could be getting relegated.

I think people are forgetting with this great Saints revival that they should be nowhere fucking near the bottom two. Morton got into the top four FFS and they're awful. No reason why clubs like ourselves and Saints shouldn't be competing for at least that top four. Yet we have Saints fans happy with 9th? Nonsense.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not buying any St Mirren fan being happy/content with 9th at this stage. You have one game left and only need to not get beat to avoid the play-off. Losing to Hibs is no embarrassment but it would be a big disappointment to have to go through the play-offs at this stage. You only need one bad performance in them and you could be getting relegated.

I think people are forgetting with this great Saints revival that they should be nowhere fucking near the bottom two. Morton got into the top four FFS and they're awful. No reason why clubs like ourselves and Saints shouldn't be competing for at least that top four. Yet we have Saints fans happy with 9th? Nonsense.

I'd settled for in my head for 10th place in January. If you told me we could get 9th then I'd have taken it on the spot. 

I'd be disappointed to get 9th now given where we are, but we have a tough game- have to get something from Easter Road that will be full and bouncing. It's still a great turnaround.  

You Dunfermline fans seem to be weirdly obsessing about this 'happy to finish 9th' thing just cause 1 person said it in passing. I think it's obvious we wouldn't be "happy" to be 9th from this point going into the last game.. but we would have bit your hand off for 9th for most of the season so we wouldn't be particularly gutted.

Archived