The Relegation Battle

Just realised I've planned a BBQ for my girlfriends birthday on the Saturday of the playoff semi final 2nd leg. Even more pressure for Saints to do the business in the next 2 games or I'll be turning up late to a pissed off girlfriend and a burnt burger no doubt.

Could be worse, a burnt girlfriend and a pissed off burger is never a great combo!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Id say St Mirren and Raith drawing is very unlikely

No it's not. Dependant on the way Raith set out, it's highly likely. We struggle badly to break teams down if they are stuffy... If Raith come out at us to try and put the relegation issue to bed today, then I'm confident one side or the other will win. If they sit in and try and get a point they need to keep their noses in front of us for the last day then I'm worried. 

At this stage though, both of these strategies come with their own set of risks. I've no idea what Rovers will do today. 

No it's not. Dependant on the way Raith set out, it's highly likely. We struggle badly to break teams down if they are stuffy... If Raith come out at us to try and put the relegation issue to bed today, then I'm confident one side or the other will win. If they sit in and try and get a point they need to keep their noses in front of us for the last day then I'm worried. 
At this stage though, both of these strategies come with their own set of risks. I've no idea what Rovers will do today. 

Don't worry about Raith, we haven't won an away game since October, nothing will change in regards to even attempting a win.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite what St Mirren did today, if the favourites win the two relevant games next week, they're in the play-offs.

Yep but Saints are clear favourites to finish higher than 9th.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Debatable.

Not debatable at all unless you're suggesting the combined probabilities of Raith and Hibs winning is approx 50%, I certainly don't see it that way, I think Saints will be 4/6 to 1/2 not to finish 9th.

Hibs were 1/2 against Raith so I'd expect them to be longer odds against Saints, Raith will need to be somewhere in the region of 1/2 to 1/3 next week for Saints not to be clear favourites, nobody would dream of touching them at those odds surely.

38 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite what St Mirren did today, if the favourites win the two relevant games next week, they're in the play-offs.

The draw is the favourite in the fixture between Raith and Ayr.

Archived