The Relegation Battle

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Let's not kid ourselves, it's over. We will lose to Hibs on Saturday and St.Mirren will beat Raith. 

Correct.  Tough Cookies.  Partick beat Hearts and Celtic hump Rangers to make it a tremendous day. Must be worth a quid or two :) 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

This is the best I have seen Saints play in years you also feel it going into grounds with the atmosphere from the fans. If it's the play off's would be  confident to come through that. Personally I think it will be Ayr down and Raith in the play off's but you never really know. One thing is for sure St Mirren will be pushing for promotion next season no matter what league they will be in. 

That's a bit of an extreme view - but I like it.  I think Dundee Utd will romp the league next year for what it's worth. 

On 24/04/2017 at 11:36, Dunning1874 said:

Should make it a condition that each side has to have two posters nominated, one chosen by the fans of their club and one by fans of other clubs to ensure a good guy, w**k combination. So for example St Mirren could have a rational, normal person like djchapsticks paired with a seething mess like Lex or a simpleton like shull, needing to work together to save their club.

Dumbarton don't have cuntish fans, so this could prove problematic.

On 24/04/2017 at 11:36, The Moonster said:

A "Battle Royale" type challenge or more "It's a Knockout"? 

Good shout. It's a Knockout would be better suited if it was the mascots getting involved.

1 hour ago, Bambino7 said:

Correct.  Tough Cookies.  Partick beat Hearts and Celtic hump Rangers to make it a tremendous day. Must be worth a quid or two :) 

Haha, yer actually raging cause you failed to beat a part time team at home twice in the league, minuet. :lol:

3 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Could be over before Saturday if Raith get a result against Hibs - very possible if Hibs are in holiday mode.

Again, Rovers have an absolutely pathetic away record and Hibs have lost once at home all season. Even if Hibs don't give a shit, it would still be a huge shock if Raith got a win. Even a point would be a great effort.

7 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Hibs resting their full starting eleven from the cup semi and giving a handful of youngsters a chance tonight. Can't say that pleases me massively, hopefully these youngsters are all the next Ronaldinho's and Messi's and the game goes to form. Fingers crossed.

Hibs are quite right, they're jobs done for the season, I won't be so accepting if this sort of selection is a one off though, Lennon's friendship with McCall certainly hasn't interfered with his team selection.

Wins for Ayr and Dundee United with a draw in the Saints Raith game would set us all up for a cracking last day, alas we'll probably be twiddling our thumbs by then.

Archived