The Relegation Battle

17 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I think Ayr are gone. Tough one to pick 9th place. I don't think St Mirren will end up there but if they did they'd sail through the play-offs IMO. 

I think Raith, St Mirren and the Sons should come to this agreement. St Mirren are the best placed club to hammer any League 1 opponents and as such should just accept 9th place and we can all start a fresh as Championship clubs next season. 

<<< Shitting himself.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/04/2017 at 12:56, The Moonster said:

They're run by a coke dealer and racially abuse their own players. Not sure I'd want actively want them to disappear, but I doubt I'd be all that bothered if they did.

Did you not have a spectacular outburst at Livi :P

Gone down in history that episode:thumsup2

On 19/04/2017 at 16:34, The Moonster said:

I think Raith, St Mirren and the Sons should come to this agreement. St Mirren are the best placed club to hammer any League 1 opponents and as such should just accept 9th place and we can all start a fresh as Championship clubs next season. 

<<< Shitting himself.

Problem is we do not want to beat Goody and his Alloa squad otherwise solid plan.

Still all to play for at the bottom of the table.

Odds are clearly stacked against Ayr surviving. They need to beat Hibs and Raith. Anything less and they finish on a maximum of 37 points. Hibs are effectively going to dictate who finishes bottom 2 given that their run in is against 8th, 10th and 9th (as of today's table).

Our last 2 games are hellish. Both Dundee United and Falkirk are gunning to avoid Morton in the extra round of play-off games. It would take a hell of a run of results for us to finish bottom on 38 points, but 9th is a distinct possibility. Even a point from our last 2 games isnt necessarily enough to avoid the play-off spot.

On 19/04/2017 at 16:34, The Moonster said:

<<< Shitting himself.

St Mirren settling in as planned...

Still all to play for at the bottom of the table.
Odds are clearly stacked against Ayr surviving. They need to beat Hibs and Raith. Anything less and they finish on a maximum of 37 points. Hibs are effectively going to dictate who finishes bottom 2 given that their run in is against 8th, 10th and 9th (as of today's table).
Our last 2 games are hellish. Both Dundee United and Falkirk are gunning to avoid Morton in the extra round of play-off games. It would take a hell of a run of results for us to finish bottom on 38 points, but 9th is a distinct possibility. Even a point from our last 2 games isnt necessarily enough to avoid the play-off spot.

I think you guys will be fine after today's results.

i honestly think ayr will stay bottom unless results go their way and they beat raith on the last day. after last weeks game i was confident the midden would avoid the play off spot as they were on fire, but today was another twist in the tale. its wide open and hibs turning up to their remaining fixtures will dictate matters

...and that's not actually all that implausible. I guess we'll find out a lot about Hibs' attitude tonight and that could affect how they show up in the last three games.

I was wondering about Lennon's comments at the weekend and whether that was him warming everyone up to the idea of a massive rotation. Then again, they were obviously down to the bare bones already when they brought in Efe ( :whistle ), so they might be stuck with the players they've got. 

http://sco.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/sco-championship/

Stuck the results into the table calculator as I can see them happening and it came out with a 3 way tie for 9th with St Mirren and Dumbarton save on goal difference, I'd take that! Very small margins though.

Hibernian          2 - 0      Raith Rovers

St Mirren           3 -1       Raith Rovers

Ayr                   1-1        Hibernian

Dunfermline      2-1        Morton

Falkirk              2-0        QoS

Dundee Utd      2-1        Dumbarton

Hibernian          2 - 2      St Mirren

Dumbarton        1-1        Falkirk

Morton             1-1        Dundee United

QoS                 2-2        Dunfermline Athletic

Raith Rovers     2-1        Ayr United

1 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 36 18 15 3 55:25 30 69
2 Falkirk FC Falkirk FC 36 16 12 8 58:39 19 60
3 Dundee United Dundee United 36 16 11 9 50:41 9 59
4 Greenock Morton FC Greenock Morton FC 36 13 13 10 44:40 4 52
5 Dunfermline Athletic Dunfermline Athletic 36 11 13 12 46:45 1 46
6 Queen Of The South Queen Of The South 36 11 10 15 46:53 -7 43
7 St. Mirren FC St. Mirren FC 36 9 12 15 51:58 -7 39
8 Dumbarton FC Dumbarton FC 36 9 12 15 46:56 -10 39
9 Raith Rovers Raith Rovers 36 10 9 17 34:48 -14 39
10 Ayr United Ayr United 36 7 13 16 34:59 -25 34

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Of course, with that scenario, Ayr would be screwed due to their poor goal difference. Imagine winning your last two games, being one point off finishing 7th but you get relegated? Yikes.

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How about this for a scenario...

Raith beat Hibs, St Mirren beat Raith, Ayr beat Hibs, Dumbarton lose at United.

then...

Ayr beat Raith, St Mirren draw with Hibs, Dumbarton draw with Falkirk.

All four sides end the season with 39 points.

I'd take that too :thumsup2

1 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 36 17 14 5 54:27 27 65
2 Falkirk FC Falkirk FC 36 16 12 8 58:39 19 60
3 Dundee United Dundee United 36 16 11 9 50:41 9 59
4 Greenock Morton FC Greenock Morton FC 36 13 13 10 44:40 4 52
5 Dunfermline Athletic Dunfermline Athletic 36 11 13 12 46:45 1 46
6 Queen Of The South Queen Of The South 36 11 10 15 46:53 -7 43
7 St. Mirren FC St. Mirren FC 36 9 12 15 51:58 -7 39
8 Dumbarton FC Dumbarton FC 36 9 12 15 46:56 -10 39
9 Raith Rovers Raith Rovers 36 10 9 17 34:48 -14 39
10 Ayr United Ayr United 36 9 12 15 36:58 -22 39

I have us in the play-off on goal difference, St Mirren and Dumbarton tying with us on points.

What's crucial for us is actually gaining a point or two in our next two away games. Even a point at Hibs and defeat at St Mirren isn't a total disaster provided we beat Ayr and Dumbarton don't do anything silly like winning a game.

Anything can happen. I think Ayr have a bit too much to do to get out of the bottom two, but even at that two wins for them would probably do it.

A great end to the season, if you're not involved!

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

I have us in the play-off on goal difference, St Mirren and Dumbarton tying with us on points.

What's crucial for us is actually gaining a point or two in our next two away games. Even a point at Hibs and defeat at St Mirren isn't a total disaster provided we beat Ayr and Dumbarton don't do anything silly like winning a game.

Anything can happen. I think Ayr have a bit too much to do to get out of the bottom two, but even at that two wins for them would probably do it.

A great end to the season, if you're not involved!

We did something silly @ the weekend, down at Palmerston I'll have you know.

8)

Archived