The Relegation Battle

23 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Would it not have been the case that you,d have got 0 p or next to nothing even if the club folded?

Quite possibly yes, but I didn't hesitate in writing off the cash I was owed regardless.

I know of two other businessmen who did the same, one of which was owed about three times the amount I was due. 

Make no mistake here, mastertons attempts to milk every penny out of the corpse of our club almost finished us, and could have destroyed all the work that Pars fans did to help save our club. Fortunately Lord Woolman seen through him, and pretty much said it's his own fault his companies folded, and DAFC shouldn't have to pay for that. 

Heres hoping no other team has to find out if their fans would do the same. 

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/16/2017 at 11:05, NorthBank said:

Well Morton have lost their bottle. Anyone still to play them will get 3 points.

Yeah it looks like it. Horrendous form of 2 points from last 6 and have lost to 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the last 4 games. It is last chance saloon for Ayr really and with them playing Morton perfect time for a win. 

I'm still concerned that we'll run out of form at some point. Can see Raith being a nightmare game- them sitting in and nicking something on the break! 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What's up with Livingston? They are just a bit of an irrelevance.

They're run by a coke dealer and racially abuse their own players. Not sure I'd want actively want them to disappear, but I doubt I'd be all that bothered if they did.

As a St Mirren fan I'm very worried about the next round of fixtures. Dundee United were extremely poor on Saturday in the second half, their fans won't stand for this much longer and Ayr were unlucky not to win it.  They've not had the best run of form and I can just see this coming Saturday, with them being at home and a likely bumper crowd being the day they turn it round and push on to try secure second place from Falkirk.  

Ayr will likely go into their game with Morton with high hopes and let's be honest Morton are rotten right now and will likely not be much competition for them (or anybody)

QOS, safe and don't realistically have enough games to catch Morton. This against Dumbartons away form is also a worry for us.  

Raith could not of hoped for a better time to play Hibs, right after a big semi final with nothing to play for in the league.  Can see them playing a number of fringe players. 

It'll be a very exciting run in but I still think St Mirren are in big trouble that's for sure! 

Most fans think their side actually will survive. You don't want to appear too confident though, in case it comes back to bite you. I'm sure we've all suffered enough miserable defeats following our clubs to ever get too cocky. Especially those of you not fortunate enough to follow the mighty Dunfermline Athletic.

2 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

As a St Mirren fan I'm very worried about the next round of fixtures. Dundee United were extremely poor on Saturday in the second half, their fans won't stand for this much longer and Ayr were unlucky not to win it.  They've not had the best run of form and I can just see this coming Saturday, with them being at home and a likely bumper crowd being the day they turn it round and push on to try secure second place from Falkirk.  

Ayr will likely go into their game with Morton with high hopes and let's be honest Morton are rotten right now and will likely not be much competition for them (or anybody)

QOS, safe and don't realistically have enough games to catch Morton. This against Dumbartons away form is also a worry for us.  

Raith could not of hoped for a better time to play Hibs, right after a big semi final with nothing to play for in the league.  Can see them playing a number of fringe players. 

It'll be a very exciting run in but I still think St Mirren are in big trouble that's for sure! 

We'll have Morgan and Stelios back for Saturday which will be a boost. While I respect Dundee Utd I certainly do not fear them and believe we now have a better squad than them and we are playing well consistently. Forget about the other relegation candidates and let's just focus on us getting 3 points. It's in our own hands.

12 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Don't worry we will stay up!

I fear Ayr are doomed to be honest.  I suppose when i say my relegation concerns, I'm thinking more play-off.  Will need to be a massive effort for Ayr to save themselves, especially with goal difference being more or less an extra point. 

2 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

I fear Ayr are doomed to be honest.  I suppose when i say my relegation concerns, I'm thinking more play-off.  Will need to be a massive effort for Ayr to save themselves, especially with goal difference being more or less an extra point. 

Thing is, back in December, when I didn't even truly believe that 9th was on the cards for us, I was convinced that even if we did scrape a playoff place, we'd be doomed anyway becasue we were so shite and so lacking confidence.

However, now we've improved so much, I'd be relatively confident that if we end up going that route, that we'll have enough to get through over two legs against any League One side. I'm sure the games will be tough and close, but I'd imagine we'd be the least favourite potential opponent for anyone in the playoffs.

39 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Ayr will finish bottom, my team (Saints) in playoffs....to many bumping gums how we will beat Dundee Utd, not a chance it will happen...Saints fans need reality check.....still a very real possibility could go down...

True and it would be very Saints for it all to go wrong so close to the end. Worryingly you can see that scenario. 

Ayr need to make up 4 points on whatever we take on the last 3 games. Morton is a huge opportunity for them. 

Tannadice will be tough for us with the best opportunity at home to Raith but like Dumbarton game that won't be easy. 

It is a danger is playing Hibs final day at home if we need a result- even league won it will be there big crowd celebration day. I just hope they are as flat as we were the same day back in 2006! 

4 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Ayr will finish bottom, my team (Saints) in playoffs....to many bumping gums how we will beat Dundee Utd, not a chance it will happen...Saints fans need reality check.....still a very real possibility could go down...

We're far from safe and probably need to beat Raith and one of the other 2 games to be safe but there's no reason we can't beat Dundee Utd on Saturday. They have 14 points from the last 15 games in the league, we have 24 points from our last 15.

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

We're far from safe and probably need to beat Raith and one of the other 2 games to be safe but there's no reason we can't beat Dundee Utd on Saturday. They have 14 points from the last 15 games in the league, we have 24 points from our last 15.

I agree with being far from safe,  Probably better chance picking points up from Utd and hibs than Raith to be honest its just the saints way,  We really need Morton to beat Ayr on Saturday.  Utd will need to click at some point before the playoffs let's hope not this weekend

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

I agree with being far from safe,  Probably better chance picking points up from Utd and hibs than Raith to be honest its just the saints way,  We really need Morton to beat Ayr on Saturday.  Utd will need to click at some point before the playoffs let's hope not this weekend

Raith will play a different game, more defensive. Depends how they do midweek. A result v Hibs and might be content to come and get a point against us. 

Archived